Unknøwn

Trade Rumors

1,341 posts in this topic

If we arwnt going to get anyone substantial, meaning better than Joyce or Duvall, Id just as soon put Pache on the 40 man and give him a go. U normally see great young talents burst on the scene and provide a spark and then sometimes slump when folks get a book on them. Acuna, Albies, and now Riley have been through this. I only say that bc I dont believe they will get anything better than Joyce so why bother.

rudy and sdogg like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Reports that the Braves are exploring the OF market with Markakis down and Riley struggling.

 The Tigers can fill 3 needs for us I'm just not sure if AA is willing to spend that much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Malachore said:

 The Tigers can fill 3 needs for us I'm just not sure if AA is willing to spend that much.

I wouldnt be shocked if we ended up with Greene or Castellanos. I don't think we'll pay for Boyd. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

I wouldnt be shocked if we ended up with Greene or Castellanos. I don't think we'll pay for Boyd. 

Thats a whole different ballgame 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dawggone said:

If we arwnt going to get anyone substantial, meaning better than Joyce or Duvall, Id just as soon put Pache on the 40 man and give him a go.

3

Agreed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Reports that MLB will seek to push the trade deadline back to August 15 starting next season. GMs are expressing frustration over the slow trade market. Too many teams still in it and soaring prices. 

I don't get the soaring prices thing. I thought Stroman went for 70 cents on the dollar.

Dawggone likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tells you what the prices are. Phillies settle for Vargas. Brewers weak farm had to settle for Jordan Lyles who is 1-9 with an ERA over 9 the last few weeks. ERA is 15.00 his last 4. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, ATLBrave said:

Vargas to the Phillies. No clue for what. 

Austin Bossart to Mets. Defensive minded catcher. Mets basically did a $2M salary dump. Vargas was in an awkward spot after his confrontation with the media.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Toronto said Ken Giles is still having elbow issues. Doubtful hes traded because no team is going to take on a pitcher with an elbow injury. Reports came out right after that Giles has been removed from all boards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pirates are willing to deal Vazquez but the price is real steep. Dodgers being asked to give up Gavin Lux. Lux is the Dodgers #1 and #10 in MLB. Would likely mean Pache would be the ask from Atlanta. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Reports that the Braves are exploring the OF market with Markakis down and Riley struggling.

How about Shin Soo Choo, Danny Santana, or Delino DeShields? Texas is looking for young arms and I know they'd have to eat salary in Choo, but he's having a pretty good season and is signed through 2020.

I also heard the Braves may be looking at pitchers Mike Minor and Jose LeClerc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

How about Shin Soo Choo, Danny Santana, or Delino DeShields? Texas is looking for young arms and I know they'd have to eat salary in Choo, but he's having a pretty good season and is signed through 2020.

I also heard the Braves may be looking at pitchers Mike Minor and Jose LeClerc.

We are talking to you guys about Minor and LeClerc. We had Danny Santana for 2 years, he didnt do well here. He hit .199. Choo is interesting but you guys would have to eat almost all of that money. We need pitching so I dont think we'll take on much salary in the OF.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Peter Gammons reporting the Yankees are making progress on a package centered around Clint Frazier to Arizona for Robbie Ray.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

We are talking to you guys about Minor and LeClerc. We had Danny Santana for 2 years, he didnt do well here. He hit .199. Choo is interesting but you guys would have to eat almost all of that money. We need pitching so I dont think we'll take on much salary in the OF.

Agreed, Choo is playing well but we'd definitely have to take on salary. 

If you got the same Santana we have you'd have quite a player.

Minor and/or LeClerc would take on quite a haul because Minor is under control through 2020 at areasonable salary and LeClerc is under control until 2024 I believe?

Do the Braves have the minor league talent (arms) to make such a trade?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Agreed, Choo is playing well but we'd definitely have to take on salary. 

If you got the same Santana we have you'd have quite a player.

Minor and/or LeClerc would take on quite a haul because Minor is under control through 2020 at areasonable salary and LeClerc is under control until 2024 I believe?

Do the Braves have the minor league talent (arms) to make such a trade?

Oh yeah, we have 8 players in the top 100 of all MLB. Overall we're ranked #2 or #3 for farm system in MLB depending on where you look. We have 5 of the SPs listed in the top 100. We have the talent to do any trade we want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Oh yeah, we have 8 players in the top 100 of all MLB. Overall we're ranked #2 or #3 for farm system in MLB depending on where you look. We have 5 of the SPs listed in the top 100. We have the talent to do any trade we want.

Good, I want young highly rated arms. There might be a trade in our teams future. Of course  other teams will be bidding for these arms as well.

The Nationals are seriously eue balling LeClerc but I hear they don't have the farm talent to try him away. 

Twins and Yankees interested in Minor, Minor has a no trade clause with Yankees.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Braves are in on Wheeler but Astros are said to be making him their top priority. 

Indians ownership reportedly stepped in and halted Bauer trade talks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Good, I want young highly rated arms. There might be a trade in our teams future. Of course  other teams will be bidding for these arms as well.

The Nationals are seriously eue balling LeClerc but I hear they don't have the farm talent to try him away. 

Twins and Yankees interested in Minor, Minor has a no trade clause with Yankees.

Yeah, Minor would be a good fit here. We drafted and developed him, he just couldn't stay healthy back then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now