Unknøwn

Trade Rumors

1,341 posts in this topic

52 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I'd love to see a package deal where the Braves land Marcus Stroman and Ken Giles from the Blue Jays!!

Depends on how salty Toronto is. Remember last year Peter Gammons reported the Jays wanted Anthopolous to pay more than anyone else for their guys. We tried to get Stroman last year. We also tried to pull an August deal for Donaldson. 

Malachore likes this

10 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Depends on how salty Toronto is. Remember last year Peter Gammons reported the Jays wanted Anthopolous to pay more than anyone else for their guys. We tried to get Stroman last year. We also tried to pull an August deal for Donaldson. 

Yeah, we'll see. I just think that is probably the best deal we could get given the asking price on Bumgarner and his ability to block.

Malachore likes this

Giants remain motivated to move Bumgarner. Teams are hoping he'll have the rejuvenation that Hamels had after his trade. He currently has a 4.28 ERA but did K 10 last night.

sdogg likes this

1 hour ago, Unkn0wn said:

Giants remain motivated to move Bumgarner. Teams are hoping he'll have the rejuvenation that Hamels had after his trade. He currently has a 4.28 ERA but did K 10 last night.

His hard hit percentage is over 40% this year. That's ridiculously bad.

56 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

His hard hit percentage is over 40% this year. That's ridiculously bad.

Yeah, hes not fooling many people these days. Hamels was looking washed up before his trade to Chicago too. I dont know if Bumgarner will be the same, we'll have to see.

I wouldnt mind trading Kakes for some pitching help. Great player but we have guys ready to come up that could be just as effective and could pull some nice bullpen help for Markakis

11 minutes ago, LouDog said:

I wouldnt mind trading Kakes for some pitching help. Great player but we have guys ready to come up that could be just as effective and could pull some nice bullpen help for Markakis

Trading Nick Markakis would absolutely kill team morale!! Braves can't do that!!

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

Trading Nick Markakis would absolutely kill team morale!! Braves can't do that!!

The only reason i don't really agree is us bringing up someone like Pache would be reuniting a young player with the rest of our young guys. (Acuna, Albies, Riley, Camargo, etc.). So i don't think the team would look at it as a moral killer, but rather their old minor league teammate getting a chance to prove himself as they have already done. Just my 2 cents

Just now, LouDog said:

The only reason i don't really agree is us bringing up someone like Pache would be reuniting a young player with the rest of our young guys. (Acuna, Albies, Riley, Camargo, etc.). So i don't think the team would look at it as a moral killer, but rather their old minor league teammate getting a chance to prove himself as they have already done. Just my 2 cents

I fully disagree. Nick Markakis is looked at as one of the veteran leaders of the team along with Freddie. The young players look up to him. Trading him sends the wrong message that leadership and clubhouse morale doesn't matter. We all saw how Markakis stood up against Hart and Coppy for the way they treated Snitker. That goes a long way with the players. These guys are the ultimate fighters and trading Markakis would be diasterous.

TheTrue7 likes this

23 minutes ago, LouDog said:

And then you had to go and ruin it.. lol

maorifalcon likes this

6 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I fully disagree. Nick Markakis is looked at as one of the veteran leaders of the team along with Freddie. The young players look up to him. Trading him sends the wrong message that leadership and clubhouse morale doesn't matter. We all saw how Markakis stood up against Hart and Coppy for the way they treated Snitker. That goes a long way with the players. These guys are the ultimate fighters and trading Markakis would be diasterous.

Completley unrelated but are you the one i remember posting something about getting treatment for anxiety recently? Just curious because im going through a sinilar situation

16 minutes ago, LouDog said:

Completley unrelated but are you the one i remember posting something about getting treatment for anxiety recently? Just curious because im going through a sinilar situation

Yes, that was me. If you wanna talk about it just PM me.

1 hour ago, LouDog said:

No way in **** would I trade Kakes, team leader, he's still productive and that would be ****ting on him. He took less money to play in atlanta than what was being offered. Trade Ender, its the simple solution right now. 

falconsd56 likes this

Just now, maorifalcon said:

No way in **** would I trade Kakes, team leader, he's still productive and that would be ****ting on him. He took less money to play in atlanta than what was being offered. Trade Ender, its the simple solution right now. 

Fair enough

16 minutes ago, maorifalcon said:

Cant do that either. Ender is our only other CF. Acuna is the CF on roster now.

Giles and Stroman would be a fantastic get.

3 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Cant do that either. Ender is our only other CF. Acuna is the CF on roster now.

We could use Duvall. 

6 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Giles and Stroman would be a fantastic get.

We could use Duvall. 

Same thing I was thinking.  Duvalls defense, IIRC, was solid to very good. He is already an asset and Ender could be used to get BP help. Only thing is he doesnt have the elite speed of Ender(lol)

Malachore likes this

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, Dawggone said:

Same thing I was thinking.  Duvalls defense, IIRC, was solid to very good. He is already an asset and Ender could be used to get BP help. Only thing is he doesnt have the elite speed of Ender(lol)

Duvall has zero experience in CF

Edited by LouDog

2 minutes ago, Dawggone said:

I think you are right. I posted that up der

If we traded Ender and something happened to Acuna i bet we would go ahead and call up Pache to play CF until Acuna came back

Let's also not pretend that we can't just acquire another center fielder if we traded Ender.

I don't think the braes would pass up on an opportunity just because we don't have another true center fielder when there are defensive replacements out there we could sign or trade for in the same deal.

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

What happened with that?? For some reason I do not recall the instance that you are referring to