Unknøwn

Trade Rumors

1,341 posts in this topic

52 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I'd love to see a package deal where the Braves land Marcus Stroman and Ken Giles from the Blue Jays!!

Depends on how salty Toronto is. Remember last year Peter Gammons reported the Jays wanted Anthopolous to pay more than anyone else for their guys. We tried to get Stroman last year. We also tried to pull an August deal for Donaldson. 

Malachore likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Depends on how salty Toronto is. Remember last year Peter Gammons reported the Jays wanted Anthopolous to pay more than anyone else for their guys. We tried to get Stroman last year. We also tried to pull an August deal for Donaldson. 

Yeah, we'll see. I just think that is probably the best deal we could get given the asking price on Bumgarner and his ability to block.

Malachore likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Giants remain motivated to move Bumgarner. Teams are hoping he'll have the rejuvenation that Hamels had after his trade. He currently has a 4.28 ERA but did K 10 last night.

sdogg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Unkn0wn said:

Giants remain motivated to move Bumgarner. Teams are hoping he'll have the rejuvenation that Hamels had after his trade. He currently has a 4.28 ERA but did K 10 last night.

His hard hit percentage is over 40% this year. That's ridiculously bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

His hard hit percentage is over 40% this year. That's ridiculously bad.

Yeah, hes not fooling many people these days. Hamels was looking washed up before his trade to Chicago too. I dont know if Bumgarner will be the same, we'll have to see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldnt mind trading Kakes for some pitching help. Great player but we have guys ready to come up that could be just as effective and could pull some nice bullpen help for Markakis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, LouDog said:

I wouldnt mind trading Kakes for some pitching help. Great player but we have guys ready to come up that could be just as effective and could pull some nice bullpen help for Markakis

Trading Nick Markakis would absolutely kill team morale!! Braves can't do that!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

Trading Nick Markakis would absolutely kill team morale!! Braves can't do that!!

The only reason i don't really agree is us bringing up someone like Pache would be reuniting a young player with the rest of our young guys. (Acuna, Albies, Riley, Camargo, etc.). So i don't think the team would look at it as a moral killer, but rather their old minor league teammate getting a chance to prove himself as they have already done. Just my 2 cents

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LouDog said:

The only reason i don't really agree is us bringing up someone like Pache would be reuniting a young player with the rest of our young guys. (Acuna, Albies, Riley, Camargo, etc.). So i don't think the team would look at it as a moral killer, but rather their old minor league teammate getting a chance to prove himself as they have already done. Just my 2 cents

I fully disagree. Nick Markakis is looked at as one of the veteran leaders of the team along with Freddie. The young players look up to him. Trading him sends the wrong message that leadership and clubhouse morale doesn't matter. We all saw how Markakis stood up against Hart and Coppy for the way they treated Snitker. That goes a long way with the players. These guys are the ultimate fighters and trading Markakis would be diasterous.

TheTrue7 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, LouDog said:

I wouldnt mind trading Kakes for some pitching help. Great player but we have guys ready to come up that could be just as effective and could pull some nice bullpen help for Markakis

And then you had to go and ruin it.. lol

maorifalcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I fully disagree. Nick Markakis is looked at as one of the veteran leaders of the team along with Freddie. The young players look up to him. Trading him sends the wrong message that leadership and clubhouse morale doesn't matter. We all saw how Markakis stood up against Hart and Coppy for the way they treated Snitker. That goes a long way with the players. These guys are the ultimate fighters and trading Markakis would be diasterous.

Completley unrelated but are you the one i remember posting something about getting treatment for anxiety recently? Just curious because im going through a sinilar situation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, LouDog said:

Completley unrelated but are you the one i remember posting something about getting treatment for anxiety recently? Just curious because im going through a sinilar situation

Yes, that was me. If you wanna talk about it just PM me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LouDog said:

The only reason i don't really agree is us bringing up someone like Pache would be reuniting a young player with the rest of our young guys. (Acuna, Albies, Riley, Camargo, etc.). So i don't think the team would look at it as a moral killer, but rather their old minor league teammate getting a chance to prove himself as they have already done. Just my 2 cents

No way in **** would I trade Kakes, team leader, he's still productive and that would be ****ting on him. He took less money to play in atlanta than what was being offered. Trade Ender, its the simple solution right now. 

falconsd56 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, maorifalcon said:

No way in **** would I trade Kakes, team leader, he's still productive and that would be ****ting on him. He took less money to play in atlanta than what was being offered. Trade Ender, its the simple solution right now. 

Fair enough

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, maorifalcon said:

No way in **** would I trade Kakes, team leader, he's still productive and that would be ****ting on him. He took less money to play in atlanta than what was being offered. Trade Ender, its the simple solution right now. 

Cant do that either. Ender is our only other CF. Acuna is the CF on roster now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Giles and Stroman would be a fantastic get.

3 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Cant do that either. Ender is our only other CF. Acuna is the CF on roster now.

We could use Duvall. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Giles and Stroman would be a fantastic get.

We could use Duvall. 

Same thing I was thinking.  Duvalls defense, IIRC, was solid to very good. He is already an asset and Ender could be used to get BP help. Only thing is he doesnt have the elite speed of Ender(lol)

Malachore likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, Dawggone said:

Same thing I was thinking.  Duvalls defense, IIRC, was solid to very good. He is already an asset and Ender could be used to get BP help. Only thing is he doesnt have the elite speed of Ender(lol)

Duvall has zero experience in CF

Edited by LouDog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dawggone said:

I think you are right. I posted that up der

If we traded Ender and something happened to Acuna i bet we would go ahead and call up Pache to play CF until Acuna came back

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's also not pretend that we can't just acquire another center fielder if we traded Ender.

 I don't think the braes would pass up on an opportunity just because we don't have another true center fielder when there are defensive replacements out there we could sign or trade for in the same deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I fully disagree. Nick Markakis is looked at as one of the veteran leaders of the team along with Freddie. The young players look up to him. Trading him sends the wrong message that leadership and clubhouse morale doesn't matter. We all saw how Markakis stood up against Hart and Coppy for the way they treated Snitker. That goes a long way with the players. These guys are the ultimate fighters and trading Markakis would be diasterous.

What happened with that?? For some reason I do not recall the instance that you are referring to

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now