Unknøwn

Trade Rumors

1,341 posts in this topic

According to Ken Rosenthal the Mets are strongly considering flipping the prospects they get for Syndergaard to Toronto for Stroman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

According to Ken Rosenthal the Mets are strongly considering flipping the prospects they get for Syndergaard to Toronto for Stroman.

So the wouldn't itmake more sense to get a 3 team trade going? It also makes me think the Mets will be asking for more because of this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Morosi got more Intel on the Jays and Braves talks. He said Stroman is not the focus. Braves interest is in Giles, Hudson and Sogard. Morosi said he gets the impression Anthopolous is focused on bullpen upgrades and not rotation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Malachore said:

So the wouldn't itmake more sense to get a 3 team trade going? It also makes me think the Mets will be asking for more because of this.

The price for Syndergaard has been high. They're saying its 50/50 right now. They are talking a 3 way with San Diego. Padres really want Syndergaard 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If AA only focuses on bullpen then they better be game changers because trusting this rotation isn't going to end well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Malachore said:

If AA only focuses on bullpen then they better be game changers because trusting this rotation isn't going to end well.

Gausman will be a big factor. His next start is huge. Anthopolous was live on the broadcast the other day and said things are changing daily. He admitted hes leaning more towards relief help right now. If Gausman can be serviceable and Fried stays healthy and effective it's pretty solid. Soroka, Keuchel and Julio have been steady. Fortify and deepen the bullpen so the offense can do its thing. I think we'll add at least 2 arms to the bullpen.

Falconsfan567 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Jon Morosi reporting the Braves and Blue Jays are deep into talks. Jays top scouts are in Florida to watch Tristan Beck. Morosi mentions Giles, Stroman, Hudson and Sogard as possibilities. 

Mets writer also says the Braves are involved with Syndergaard. He mentions Allard, Wright and Anderson would be very intriguing to the Mets. Wright and Allard would give them two arms to immediately plug into the rotation. He adds that would be really appealing to the Mets who hope to contend next season.

No to Anderson. Sorry Metrosexuals

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Gausman will be a big factor. His next start is huge. Anthopolous was live on the broadcast the other day and said things are changing daily. He admitted hes leaning more towards relief help right now. If Gausman can be serviceable and Fried stays healthy and effective it's pretty solid. Soroka, Keuchel and Julio have been steady. Fortify and deepen the bullpen so the offense can do its thing. I think we'll add at least 2 arms to the bullpen.

I just have an issue with not really knowing if the SP will even make it 6 innings. I know it's a different game and maybe deepening the BP will help the SP but I just don't trust anyone outside of Soroka and DK.

If Gausman is what we've seen this year and Fried stays volatile then it's going to be rough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 007dawg said:

If only Folty would pitch like Folty of last year rather than pre 2018 Folty....

Guys like him have one good year for every three or four bad years.

Malachore likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Folty is looking better and better down in Gwinnett right now. 

Don't necessarily trust him 100%, but he has something there that could be helpful

sdogg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For some reason the Mets are looking to flip their Syndergaard prospects in any way they can. They're reportedly involved in Minor and Robbie Ray as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These Mets reports make zero sense to me. If they were able to get Wright and Allard from Atlanta they why would you turn around and deal them for another starter? 

Both could join their rotation full time next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Malachore said:

These Mets reports make zero sense to me. If they were able to get Wright and Allard from Atlanta they why would you turn around and deal them for another starter? 

Both could join their rotation full time next year.

A lot of people are baffled. They seem to want a proven arm in order to compete next season. So they're willing to deal what could be building blocks for years to come in exchange for what they hope is 1 or 2 good runs.

maorifalcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Malachore said:

These Mets reports make zero sense to me. If they were able to get Wright and Allard from Atlanta they why would you turn around and deal them for another starter? 

Both could join their rotation full time next year.

Its the Mets, would you expect anything else?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Malachore said:

These Mets reports make zero sense to me. If they were able to get Wright and Allard from Atlanta they why would you turn around and deal them for another starter? 

Both could join their rotation full time next year.

I live in NY.  the Wilpons are horrible owners.  they hired a former agent as their GM and the former agent seems like he is bringing in his former guys to the organization and you have a manager that might be gone after his second season.  

Falconsfan567 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Its the Mets, would you expect anything else?

I mean I know that most people say they could do a better job than ownership but in this case that might be true.

Falconsfan567 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, usmcdirtybird said:

Give me Giles, Hudson and Sogard from the Blu Jays.  

Where would Eric Sogard fit in at? That's my only question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

Where would Eric Sogard fit in at? That's my only question.

He is an infielder.  I think he could spell anyone.  Just who are we going to drop.  Would have to be ender or Camargo.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Where would Eric Sogard fit in at? That's my only question.

Can play 2B, SS, and all three OF spots. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, usmcdirtybird said:

He is an infielder.  I think he could spell anyone.  Just who are we going to drop.  Would have to be ender or Camargo.  

 

1 minute ago, ATLBrave said:

Can play 2B, SS, and all three OF spots. 

Yeah, I get that. My question is who's spot on the bench does he take?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now