Unknøwn

Trade Rumors

1,341 posts in this topic

According to Ken Rosenthal the Mets are strongly considering flipping the prospects they get for Syndergaard to Toronto for Stroman.

29 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

According to Ken Rosenthal the Mets are strongly considering flipping the prospects they get for Syndergaard to Toronto for Stroman.

So the wouldn't itmake more sense to get a 3 team trade going? It also makes me think the Mets will be asking for more because of this.

Morosi got more Intel on the Jays and Braves talks. He said Stroman is not the focus. Braves interest is in Giles, Hudson and Sogard. Morosi said he gets the impression Anthopolous is focused on bullpen upgrades and not rotation.

19 minutes ago, Malachore said:

So the wouldn't itmake more sense to get a 3 team trade going? It also makes me think the Mets will be asking for more because of this.

The price for Syndergaard has been high. They're saying its 50/50 right now. They are talking a 3 way with San Diego. Padres really want Syndergaard 

If AA only focuses on bullpen then they better be game changers because trusting this rotation isn't going to end well.

5 minutes ago, Malachore said:

If AA only focuses on bullpen then they better be game changers because trusting this rotation isn't going to end well.

Gausman will be a big factor. His next start is huge. Anthopolous was live on the broadcast the other day and said things are changing daily. He admitted hes leaning more towards relief help right now. If Gausman can be serviceable and Fried stays healthy and effective it's pretty solid. Soroka, Keuchel and Julio have been steady. Fortify and deepen the bullpen so the offense can do its thing. I think we'll add at least 2 arms to the bullpen.

Falconsfan567 likes this

2 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Jon Morosi reporting the Braves and Blue Jays are deep into talks. Jays top scouts are in Florida to watch Tristan Beck. Morosi mentions Giles, Stroman, Hudson and Sogard as possibilities. 

Mets writer also says the Braves are involved with Syndergaard. He mentions Allard, Wright and Anderson would be very intriguing to the Mets. Wright and Allard would give them two arms to immediately plug into the rotation. He adds that would be really appealing to the Mets who hope to contend next season.

No to Anderson. Sorry Metrosexuals

8 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Gausman will be a big factor. His next start is huge. Anthopolous was live on the broadcast the other day and said things are changing daily. He admitted hes leaning more towards relief help right now. If Gausman can be serviceable and Fried stays healthy and effective it's pretty solid. Soroka, Keuchel and Julio have been steady. Fortify and deepen the bullpen so the offense can do its thing. I think we'll add at least 2 arms to the bullpen.

I just have an issue with not really knowing if the SP will even make it 6 innings. I know it's a different game and maybe deepening the BP will help the SP but I just don't trust anyone outside of Soroka and DK.

If Gausman is what we've seen this year and Fried stays volatile then it's going to be rough.

1 hour ago, 007dawg said:

If only Folty would pitch like Folty of last year rather than pre 2018 Folty....

Guys like him have one good year for every three or four bad years.

Malachore likes this

Folty is looking better and better down in Gwinnett right now. 

Don't necessarily trust him 100%, but he has something there that could be helpful

sdogg likes this

For some reason the Mets are looking to flip their Syndergaard prospects in any way they can. They're reportedly involved in Minor and Robbie Ray as well. 

These Mets reports make zero sense to me. If they were able to get Wright and Allard from Atlanta they why would you turn around and deal them for another starter? 

Both could join their rotation full time next year.

9 minutes ago, Malachore said:

These Mets reports make zero sense to me. If they were able to get Wright and Allard from Atlanta they why would you turn around and deal them for another starter? 

A lot of people are baffled. They seem to want a proven arm in order to compete next season. So they're willing to deal what could be building blocks for years to come in exchange for what they hope is 1 or 2 good runs.

maorifalcon likes this

1 hour ago, Malachore said:

Its the Mets, would you expect anything else?

1 hour ago, Malachore said:

I live in NY.  the Wilpons are horrible owners.  they hired a former agent as their GM and the former agent seems like he is bringing in his former guys to the organization and you have a manager that might be gone after his second season.  

Falconsfan567 likes this

6 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Its the Mets, would you expect anything else?

I mean I know that most people say they could do a better job than ownership but in this case that might be true.

Falconsfan567 likes this

2 minutes ago, usmcdirtybird said:

Give me Giles, Hudson and Sogard from the Blu Jays.  

Where would Eric Sogard fit in at? That's my only question.

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

He is an infielder.  I think he could spell anyone.  Just who are we going to drop.  Would have to be ender or Camargo.  

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Can play 2B, SS, and all three OF spots. 

1 minute ago, usmcdirtybird said:

He is an infielder.  I think he could spell anyone.  Just who are we going to drop.  Would have to be ender or Camargo.  

1 minute ago, ATLBrave said:

Can play 2B, SS, and all three OF spots. 

Yeah, I get that. My question is who's spot on the bench does he take?