Unknøwn

Trade Rumors

1,341 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

KC is reportedly close to trading Jake Diekman. Braves and Dodgers were the most involved.

Meh. Better not be for much of anything.

55 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

doesn't matter.  This team is flawed enough pitching wise that one above average injury prone pitcher isn't getting the Braves a World Series.    YES, I know Syndergard - healthy - has a high ceiling.    I would give up a package to get him - but that package wouldn't include Ian Anderson.   Would be more willing to give up Kyle Wright.

Actually, it does matter, as he would be here for multiple years with multiple opportunities to help the franchise get to a WS. Not to mention the fact that the SP has actually been a lot better over the last few weeks outside of a couple of dud starts. To be honest, it's not a sexy as the Nats, Dodgers, or Astros 3-man rotation (for HOU, it's really just 2-man), but I'd feel real confident going into a playoff series with Soroka, Keuchel, and Syndergaard as our top 3. And while we all like Anderson, he is not without his warts (walks quite a few guys, inefficient outings, average spin rates, etc.).

Malachore and Falconsfan567 like this

Mark Bowman says the Braves have talked to KC about Diekman and Kennedy. He also says they've spoken to Texas about Minor and LeClerc. Bowman adds they've cooled on Greene and Boyd.

1 minute ago, Unkn0wn said:

Mark Bowman says the Braves have talked to KC about Diekman and Kennedy. He also says they've spoken to Texas about Minor and LeClerc. Bowman adds they've cooled on Greene and Boyd.

LeClerc would be an interesting option. He's still real young (25 yo) and isn't a FA until 2023. 

sdogg likes this

I never believe any rumor that involves an inter-divisional trade. The seller always wants too much.

6 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Ender told the AJC he hasn't been told yes or no about being discussed in potential trades. Ender added that even with his demotion he doesnt want to leave. He said the Braves uniform is the only one he wants to wear. I dont see him being dealt in July but over the winter I think we'll see him moved. His value is based solely on his defense now since hes having the worst offensive season of his career.

First of all, I love to hear this from Braves players. 

Second, Atlanta's in a really weird situation with Folty, Gausman, Ender, and DuVall. Those are all guys who could use a change of scenery and are worth a shot for some team. Atlanta could buy AND sell some. I don't think that's been chronicled enough yet. 

sdogg likes this

23 minutes ago, ATLBrave said:

Meh. Better not be for much of anything.

He has a fantastic FIP, but I want no part of a dude walking a batter every other inning.

Cubs get Derek Holland from SF for cash. Giants had DFA'd Holland.

Toronto is reportedly trying to tell teams they might keep Stroman and extend his contract. Nobody is buying it.

6 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Cubs get Derek Holland from SF for cash. Giants had DFA'd Holland.

Toronto is reportedly trying to tell teams they might keep Stroman and extend his contract. Nobody is buying it.

Stroman even replied to someone on Twitter basically saying that it was news to him. 

1 hour ago, ATLBrave said:

LeClerc would be an interesting option. He's still real young (25 yo) and isn't a FA until 2023. 

And he has been awful this year but was lights out last year. Lots of potential with him.

maorifalcon likes this

I hope AA is enquiring about Stevie Wilkerson with the O's. That's our closer of the future haha

2 hours ago, ATLBrave said:

Stroman even replied to someone on Twitter basically saying that it was news to him. 

I don't know why they keep playing this game, he doesn't want to be there he hasn't wanted to be there for a while.

ATLBrave likes this

I saw a few people on Twitter saying Ian Anderson would be in any Syndergaard deal. That would be an automatic no for me. Syndergaard gets hurt too often and Anderson has such good stuff. 

Please don't get rid of Anderson for Syndergaard. 

jeffro2000 and sdogg like this

18 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

I saw a few people on Twitter saying Ian Anderson would be in any Syndergaard deal. That would be an automatic no for me. Syndergaard gets hurt too often and Anderson has such good stuff. 

That'd be stupidity to me... Anderson is our future Ace

38 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

20 minutes ago, maorifalcon said:

AA had already said no one is untouchable and he'll listen. 

I'm sure he'd say something like "something something deGrom " though.

tl;dr and maorifalcon like this

Cubs and Jays have been talking Eric Sogard. Sogard is being held out of the Jays lineup tonight so something could be brewing.

2 hours ago, maorifalcon said:

Agreed. I don't want to trade Anderson for Syndergaard. deGrom maybe, but not Syndergaard

maorifalcon likes this

2 hours ago, Malachore said:

AA had already said no one is untouchable and he'll listen. 

I'm sure he'd say something like "something something deGrom " though.

I know Anderson is unproven and such, but if he is leaving town, I think this is what would have to happen 

sdogg likes this

Would love to have Thor but Can’t see us trading Pache or Waters.  Future of our OF.  Maybe as soon as next year.  Acuna LF, Pache CF, Waters RF.   Anyone else is fair game imo

Jon Morosi reporting the Braves and Blue Jays are deep into talks. Jays top scouts are in Florida to watch Tristan Beck. Morosi mentions Giles, Stroman, Hudson and Sogard as possibilities. 

Mets writer also says the Braves are involved with Syndergaard. He mentions Allard, Wright and Anderson would be very intriguing to the Mets. Wright and Allard would give them two arms to immediately plug into the rotation. He adds that would be really appealing to the Mets who hope to contend next season.

jeffro2000 likes this