Unknøwn

Trade Rumors

1,341 posts in this topic

Jon Morosi saying the Braves were one of the teams that talked to KC about Whit Merrifield. KC has told teams hes unavailable according to Morosi. Royals Jake Diekman is available and the Braves have had talks with KC about him. Cubs and Cardinals also in in Diekman according to Morosi.

34 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Mets top official is watching Gwinnett tonight. Kyle Wright is on the mound. GMs right hand man to be exact.

Better be De Grom or Syndergaard

34 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Mets top official is watching Gwinnett tonight. Kyle Wright is on the mound. GMs right hand man to be exact.

Oh please oh please oh please.

3 minutes ago, maorifalcon said:

Definitely not deGrom. Mets aren't making him available. 

47 minutes ago, maorifalcon said:

It would be Syndergaard, but is he really worth trading our top prospects for?

g-dawg likes this

1 minute ago, Nereek said:

It would be Syndergaard, bu th is he really worth trading our top prospects for?

That's the million dollar question. To me its can he stay healthy? I dont know if I'd give a top 30. I'll give a top 100 prospect but I'm not sold on a top 30. Syndergaard is only 26 but has 1 season of being healthy. Hes also never gotten over 183 innings in a season. I'd be very careful going all in on him. 

1 hour ago, Unkn0wn said:

Giants top scouts watched Boyd's last start. They aren't selling.

My question is, unless they are giving up Bart or Hunter Bishop, who would actually be worth what the Tigers are asking?

Malachore likes this

5 minutes ago, ATLBrave said:

My question is, unless they are giving up Bart or Hunter Bishop, who would actually be worth what the Tigers are asking?

They would have to give up one of them. Last night AA mentioned his good friend and Giants GM Zaidi is extremely competitive. We'll see if his desire to win cost him some of his only valuable pieces. 

ATLBrave likes this

Obviously with the news of top scouts for the Mets at AA and AAA, here are the lines for Anderson and Wright:

Wright (W) - 6 IP (94 pitches), 7H, 3ER (1 HR), 6K

Anderson (ND) - 5.1 IP (102 pitches), 3H, 1R (0 ER), 2BB, 9K

5 minutes ago, ATLBrave said:

Obviously with the news of top scouts for the Mets at AA and AAA, here are the lines for Anderson and Wright:

Wright (W) - 6 IP (94 pitches), 7H, 3ER (1 HR), 6K

Anderson (ND) - 5.1 IP (102 pitches), 3H, 1R (0 ER), 2BB, 9K

They can **** right on off with Ian Anderson unless they trying to talk deGrom.

Glad Kyle Wright did well in a possible showcase game.

Side note: Would the Mets bother sending scouts to watch either of these guys if the Braves have not already contacted them at some point? Or is this a "just in case the Braves contact us" type of thing?

g-dawg and maorifalcon like this

8 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Glad Kyle Wright did well in a possible showcase game.

Side note: Would the Mets bother sending scouts to watch either of these guys if the Braves have not already contacted them at some point? Or is this a "just in case the Braves contact us" type of thing?

I don’t think they’d send their top two guys if there weren’t the real potential for a deal. They may not have have in-depth discussions, but that’d be an odd waste of time/resources to go see two teams in one organization if something wasn’t on the table. 

Malachore likes this

2 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

That's the million dollar question. To me its can he stay healthy? I dont know if I'd give a top 30. I'll give a top 100 prospect but I'm not sold on a top 30. Syndergaard is only 26 but has 1 season of being healthy. Hes also never gotten over 183 innings in a season. I'd be very careful going all in on him. 

Which is why I don't understand why Braves would want him. 

1 hour ago, Nereek said:

Which is why I don't understand why Braves would want him. 

It's clear the Mets are selling low on him, AA might think that his potential is enough and better than anything else we would get right now is just my guess.

Ender told the AJC he hasn't been told yes or no about being discussed in potential trades. Ender added that even with his demotion he doesnt want to leave. He said the Braves uniform is the only one he wants to wear. I dont see him being dealt in July but over the winter I think we'll see him moved. His value is based solely on his defense now since hes having the worst offensive season of his career.

13 hours ago, Malachore said:

Glad Kyle Wright did well itn a possible showcase game.

Yeah if Braves trade Ian Anderson I will be royally pizzed......would be another JD Drew / Adam Wainright trade.    Wainright is STILL pitching for the Cardinals.   JD Drew has been gone from the Braves 15 years ago.  Worst trade EVER..

Are we beating the Dodgers this year w/ Noah Syndergard?   NO

Then why would we trade our best prospect for him?   EXACTLY

sdogg likes this

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

Are we beating the Dodgers this year w/ Noah Syndergard?   NO

Then why would we trade our best prospect for him?   EXACTLY

I mean, it's a good thing Syndergaard would be here until after the 2021 season..

2 minutes ago, ATLBrave said:

I mean, it's a good thing Syndergaard would be here until after the 2021 season..

doesn't matter.  This team is flawed enough pitching wise that one above average injury prone pitcher isn't getting the Braves a World Series.    YES, I know Syndergard - healthy - has a high ceiling.    I would give up a package to get him - but that package wouldn't include Ian Anderson.   Would be more willing to give up Kyle Wright.

23 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

doesn't matter.  This team is flawed enough pitching wise that one above average injury prone pitcher isn't getting the Braves a World Series.    YES, I know Syndergard - healthy - has a high ceiling.    I would give up a package to get him - but that package wouldn't include Ian Anderson.   Would be more willing to give up Kyle Wright.

I don't think AA would give up Anderson either but I do think he'd be willing to part with Wright.

g-dawg likes this