Unknøwn

Trade Rumors

1,341 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, jidady said:

I think this is that philosophical issue from the Braves' tank job coming into play again. I just don't believe in throwing in the towel when nobody knows the future. SF could very well be in the midst of one of those "They've played .750 since July 1st" stories that we've seen carry teams into the playoffs. If they sold now, they'd be quitting with a potential winning hand. If they lose six games between now and the 31st, I may feel differently. Right now, they're playing better than anybody else in baseball. I could never sell in that situation.

I know we all look at them differently but there is not way that team doesn't get trounced in October with their current roster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Paying 50 mil for 2 season with Greinke is worth it IMO.

You are not going to find better but it might stop us from resigning DK. You think?

Probably. If you don't resign Donaldson then his money plus $2M goes to Greinke. The chances of signing another premium FA would be slim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Unkn0wn said:

Probably. If you don't resign Donaldson then his money plus $2M goes to Greinke. The chances of signing another premium FA would be slim.

I'm going with the assumption that we don't re-sign JD. 

I guess even if you give the CF job to Pache and move Riley to 3rd that still leaves a hole in RF unless we use Nick or Ender and I'm not sure I want that either.

But a rotation or Greinke, Keuchel, Soroka, Fried and Anderson(?) would look pretty friggin nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Probably. If you don't resign Donaldson then his money plus $2M goes to Greinke. The chances of signing another premium FA would be slim.

If we bring up Pache and Waters next season we wouldnt need to sign another premium FA. Move Riley back to third, Pache to center, Waters and Acuna in left and right and the team would be set.

sdogg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, LouDog said:

If we bring up Pache and Waters next season we wouldnt need to sign another premium FA. Move Riley back to third, Pache to center, Waters and Acuna in left and right and the team would be set.

You are expecting 3 guys with limited to no ML ABs to produce on a team that "should" be looking to win a World Series.

That pitching staff could be unreal but that's a lot to ask from 3 guys under the age of 23.

Falconsfan567 and falconsd56 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, LouDog said:

If we bring up Pache and Waters next season we wouldnt need to sign another premium FA. Move Riley back to third, Pache to center, Waters and Acuna in left and right and the team would be set.

That seems awfully dangerous.

2 rookies and a 2nd year play at key positions.

That to me is too big of a gamble IMO

Falconsfan567 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

16 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

That seems awfully dangerous.

2 rookies and a 2nd year play at key positions.

That to me is too big of a gamble IMO

We had 2 last year in Acuna and Albies. Even if we only bring up one of them to start the season, we could sign Markakis to a one year deal to hang around or give Camargo a starting spot. Either way i dont see the need for a big name offensive FA next year. It would be a nice luxury but i dont think it will be a need. Between Freddie, Acuna, Swanson, Albies, Riley, and either Pache/Waters, Pache/Markakis, or Waters/Markakis. I think we will have plenty of offense.

Edited by LouDog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jidady said:

They're 16-3 over the last 19 games and two games out of the Wild Card. Their fans would riot if they sold right now...and rightly so.

That's exactly what I've been saying!!

jidady likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LouDog said:

We had 2 last year in Acuna and Albies. Even if we only bring up one of them to start the season, we could sign Markakis to a one year deal to hang around or give Camargo a starting spot. Either way i dont see the need for a big name offensive FA next year. It would be a nice luxury but i dont think it will be a need. Between Freddie, Acuna, Swanson, Albies, Riley, and either Pache/Waters, Pache/Markakis, or Waters/Markakis. I think we will have plenty of offense.

Thinking Pache and Waters/Camargo can replace the production of Markakis and Donaldson is laughable... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

21 minutes ago, maorifalcon said:

Thinking Pache and Waters/Camargo can replace the production of Markakis and Donaldson is laughable... 

Camargo has a very good average when he is an everyday player and we dont know what we will get from Pache and Waters. Where did i say they would replace it? I said with all of the guys we have we will still have a good offense. Id love to keep JD but if it's between keeping him or signing an ace ill take the ace every day of the week. Plus the first thing i said is maybe we re-sign markakis for a one year deal.  Nice putting words in my mouth though.

Edited by LouDog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dirty South Bird said:

It sucks.  Our marque pitcher pick up pitched a gem and offense couldn’t do crap for him tonight. 

It happens.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ken Rosenthal reporting the Tigers are unlikely to deal Boyd. His recent slump has diminished his value a bit and teams just aren't willing to meet the asking price. Tigers are in no rush to move him since hes controlled until 2023. Rosenthal also adds that GMs around the league are unsure of what the Mets will do with Syndergaard. Multiple teams are showing interest including the Astros and Yankees.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Braves reportedly interested in White Sox RPs Alex Colome and Aaron Brummer.

Either would be nice but id rather get Aaron Bummer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LouDog said:

Either would be nice but id rather get Aaron Bummer

Theres doubt the White Sox are willing. Hes still young and controlled for awhile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Theres doubt the White Sox are willing. Hes still young and controlled for awhile.

Would be a decent haul for him. Still has one year left before arbitration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Please for those of Hank do not get Colome. Everything about the guy is volatile. 

In what way?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FWIW, I think that we'll at least talk to JD about signing again. Whether we do will depend on whether he receives lucrative multi-year offers elsewhere. I'm not sure whether he will or not. Baseball's got a herd mentality about youth right now, but he's got a .900 OPS and a WAR of 3.1, which makes him a top 50 player this year (currently tied for 46th in WAR and 28th in OPS). 

I absolutely think we'll try to work out a deal with Keuchel. Because baseball executives are so predictable, he's actually more likely to get better offers with these higher strikeout percentages.

What I expect is that we give Markakis the gold watch, deal Ender and Folty (or Julio or both), and then try to keep JD and Keuchel as our veterans. Finally, we blend in the next batch of kids in the open spots.

TheTrue7 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, jidady said:

FWIW, I think that we'll at least talk to JD about signing again. Whether we do will depend on whether he receives lucrative multi-year offers elsewhere. I'm not sure whether he will or not. Baseball's got a herd mentality about youth right now, but he's got a .900 OPS and a WAR of 3.1, which makes him a top 50 player this year (currently tied for 46th in WAR and 28th in OPS). 

I absolutely think we'll try to work out a deal with Keuchel. Because baseball executives are so predictable, he's actually more likely to get better offers with these higher strikeout percentages.

What I expect is that we give Markakis the gold watch, deal Ender and Folty (or Julio or both), and then try to keep JD and Keuchel as our veterans. Finally, we blend in the next batch of kids in the open spots.

Julio is a FA I believe after this season 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Julio is a FA I believe after this season 

There's a team option for 2020. He would cost us $12 million, or we'd buy him out for $1 million. I'm not sure if the language precludes us from trading him if we exercise it, though. My guess is that we don't want to pay him $12 million, but we probably think we could get something for him.

youngbloodz likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now