Unknøwn

Trade Rumors

1,341 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, oztin said:

From The Athletic 

Atlanta Braves
Trade Partner: Pittsburgh Pirates

The Atlanta Braves made a big splash last week when they signed left-handed starting pitcher Dallas Keuchel in free agency, but GM Alex Anthopoulos is not done making moves. He’s been very aggressive on the trade front, talking to several GMs on a regular basis regarding every possible reliever and closer who’s available or could become available. If the Pirates continue to fall out of the race, the Braves might be a perfect match in a trade for impact closer Felipe Vázquez. Perhaps a package of southpaws Kolby Allard and Thomas Burrows could get a deal done.

Vázquez, 27, is in his prime and controllable through 2023 with the last two years of his deal being team options. He’s under a club-friendly deal that pays him $4.5 million this year, $5.75 million in 2020 and $7.75 million in 2021 with club options at $10 million for both 2022 and 2023 and the buyouts totaling $1.5 million. Vázquez has appeared in 26 games this year with a 2.22 ERA with 15 saves and a staggering 46 strikeouts in 28 1/3 innings.

In return, the Pirates would need one of the Braves’ top starting pitching prospects, and although they can’t get Ian Anderson from them, they might be able to pry away 21-year-old Allard. The lefty is currently pitching at Triple-A Gwinnett in the International League and is 5-3 with a 3.88 ERA. Allard has an 89-92 mph sneaky fastball with a filthy curveball and a solid changeup and would fit nicely in the Pirates’ young rotation. Burrows, 24, was the Mariners’ fourth-round pick back in 2016 and was acquired by Atlanta, along with Luiz Gohara, for outfielder Mallex Smith and right-handed reliever Shae Simmons. Burrows has pitched at both Double A and Triple A and has struck out 28 batters in 25 1/3 innings over 21 appearances. His lack of command is the only thing standing in his way of being a productive left-handed set-up reliever in the majors.

This deal would make the Braves heavy favorites in the NL East and give them a legitimate chance of getting back to the World Series. For the Pirates, it’s business as usual, lowering payroll and building for the future.

Allard as the best prospect in a deal for Vasquez? Where do I sign?

27 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Allard as the best prospect in a deal for Vasquez? Where do I sign?

Allard has been getting noticed recently, hes found his velocity again. His stock is on the right path.

Drew4719, Dawggone and youngbloodz like this

36 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Allard has been getting noticed recently, hes found his velocity again. His stock is on the right path.

That's good then. I wonder if we should flip him while he's hot though? I don't know, but I know we do need a closer. 

12 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

That's good then. I wonder if we should flip him while he's hot though? I don't know, but I know we do need a closer. 

Do it and not think twice, if the guy built his value back up then get what you can. 

youngbloodz, sdogg, tl;dr and 1 other like this

55 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Allard is a trade bait arm to me. Wilson, Allard, Touki are all MLB ready SPs that can be flipped

Please do it

2 hours ago, TheTrue7 said:

Allard.. that’s fine..

Just not Anderson..

Anderson and Wright are the only two I REALLY want to keep. Would love to keep everyone, but the reality is, not everyone is going to want to be a BP arm lol

Drew4719 likes this

9 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Anderson and Wright are the only two I REALLY want to keep. Would love to keep everyone, but the reality is, not everyone is going to want to be a BP arm lol

So many good arms.. several great.. I’m okay losing a good.. good to see AA out there working.. 

tl;dr likes this

11 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Been wanting him since before the name change. Would be a dream and make us very dangerous. 

Yes, before the name change. Just think if the Astros still had him? The Astros have such a loaded team but they could be even better if they still had guys like him and J.D. Martinez. That's scary to think about.

Drew4719 and Malachore like this

15 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Yes, before the name change. Just think if the Astros still had him? The Astros have such a loaded team but they could be even better if they still had guys like him and J.D. Martinez. That's scary to think about.

Who they trade him for, Melancin?

5 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Who they trade him for, Melancin?

I was wrong. Nationals had him and traded him to the Pirates for Melancon. Rays originally had him and traded him to the Nationals for Jose Lobaton.

Malachore likes this

1 hour ago, Unkn0wn said:

Some rumblings the Indians may make some vets available including Brad Hand. I would kill to get Hand in the Braves bullpen.

That package will be interesting.

1 hour ago, Unkn0wn said:

Some rumblings the Indians may make some vets available including Brad Hand. I would kill to get Hand in the Braves bullpen.

Didn't they give up a Top 10 prospect for him?

2 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Could see the Braves biting, especially considering they were interested in Diaz. He’s got a very reasonable remaining salary ($8m guaranteed with a $10m club option in ‘21) and is only 29. At most you get locked into the remaining portion of his ‘19 salary and another $17m on top of that. 

Falconsfan567 likes this

I've become more optimistic about Allard, he's shown real improvement in Gwinnett both in velocity of the 4-seamer and location of all his pitches. 

That said, if Allard and Burrows gets Felipe Vázquez through 2023, you make that trade right ******* now and pray the Pirates don't come to their senses.