Unknøwn

Trade Rumors

1,341 posts in this topic

It is worth noting that according to the reports from last winter the Braves are not on his no trade list. He couldn't block a deal to Atlanta which does give the Braves more bargaining power if Arizona is really motivated. Greinke reportedly wants to stay in Arizona so he wouldnt be motivated to waive his no trade.

16 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

It is worth noting that according to the reports from last winter the Braves are not on his no trade list. He couldn't block a deal to Atlanta which does give the Braves more bargaining power if Arizona is really motivated. Greinke reportedly wants to stay in Arizona so he wouldnt be motivated to waive his no trade.

Atlanta has long been a destination that Greinke was amenable to going to. 

41 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

I have heard upwards of 40%.

That still means 21 million a year for 2 years.

Plus they will want a top pitching prospect.....they need pitching bad.

I'd give them Wilson and take in that much. I think he'd help us tremendously. 

It's AZ though so they are probably expecting much more.

15 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Depends on how much salary they have to eat. They want more, better prospects in return for the money. I do agree Greinke would be great, tons of playoff experience. Pair him with Keuchel and you got 2 veteran arms that have been through the playoff wars.

Malachore and Drew4719 like this

24 minutes ago, Malachore said:

I had the same thought...Wilson and another decent but not great prospect

Malachore and Drew4719 like this

Gosh, during the offseason I was against adding Zack Greinke just because of his contract but given his performance this year!! Having him as a true #1 going into the playoffs with Keuchel and Soroka following!! Holy crap would that give the Braves more than a fighter's chance at making a deep run come October.

sdogg likes this

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, ATLBrave said:

Yes.

Good. Looks like the braves and phillies are the main 2 trying to get him

Edited by LouDog

Phillies GM is traveling to Detroit with the team. They've been talking Boyd and Greene. Boyd pitches against Philly tomorrow night.

9 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Phillies GM is traveling to Detroit with the team. They've been talking Boyd and Greene. Boyd pitches against Philly tomorrow night.

The capital and bankroll they have is just ridiculous... 

Falconsfan567 likes this

4 minutes ago, Malachore said:

I hate this new rule. Teams like the Yankees, Red Sox, Dodgers can continue to pull ahead.

Which one?

9 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Which one?

The July 31st deadline for everything. It might keep teams in it but it raises the price because teams like the Giants foolishly think they have a chance.

Greinke would be awesome. His contract looks a lot better now that he only has 2 years left after this. I hope we can find a way to get him. 

7 minutes ago, Malachore said:

The July 31st deadline for everything. It might keep teams in it but it raises the price because teams like the Giants foolishly think they have a chance.

Oh ok, I don't think the Giants really believe they can win the WS. It's just more sentimental. Make one last run with Bochy and Bumgarner. 

5 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

I have heard upwards of 40%.

That still means 21 million a year for 2 years.

Plus they will want a top pitching prospect.....they need pitching bad.

I would give them someone like Allard or Wilson. Heck, send them Touki lol. We have enough pitching prospects to be okay. Just don't give up Anderson. 

Just now, tl;dr said:

I would give them someone like Allard or Wilson. Heck, send them Touki lol. We have enough pitching prospects to be okay. Just don't give up Anderson. 

I still believe in Touki.....he has great stuff but he just has not been able to be consistent.

If he can learn to pinpoint his breaking stuff....he is going to be a really really good pitcher.

But it does bring up the fact that there is sooooo much young arm talent in the system now....there is no room for all of them.

It will be interesting to see how they use the assets

1 hour ago, Malachore said:

I hate this new rule. Teams like the Yankees, Red Sox, Dodgers can continue to pull ahead.

I actually believe the opposite is true!! I think it helps the mid market teams because teams like the Yankees, Red Sox, and Dodgers can't load up on August waiver claim players like in years past because they have the money to do that. Teams like the Braves can't risk putting in a waiver claim in August on a player that might be making too much money but that wouldn't be an issue for the big money teams. I think that levels the playing field somewhat.

53 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

I still believe in Touki.....he has great stuff but he just has not been able to be consistent.

If he can learn to pinpoint his breaking stuff....he is going to be a really really good pitcher.

But it does bring up the fact that there is sooooo much young arm talent in the system now....there is no room for all of them.

It will be interesting to see how they use the assets

I hate Touki's delivery. Wish they would fix it like they did Julio's.

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

I actually believe the opposite is true!! I think it helps the mid market teams because teams like the Yankees, Red Sox, and Dodgers can't load up on August waiver claim players like in years past because they have the money to do that. Teams like the Braves can't risk putting in a waiver claim in August on a player that might be making too much money but that wouldn't be an issue for the big money teams. I think that levels the playing field somewhat.

I can see that POV but I feel like less teams trading means less of a chance for a mid market team to close the gap.

1 minute ago, Malachore said:

I can see that POV but I feel like less teams trading means less of a chance for a mid market team to close the gap.

We're just in a weird year where more teams are in it this late than normal. There's really only 2 elite teams in the NL, Dodgers and Braves, and then the rest are somewhere in the middle and then the Marlins at the bottom. Picture is much more clear in the AL and therefore more teams in the AL willing to sell.

Malachore likes this