Unknøwn

Trade Rumors

1,341 posts in this topic

As mentioned here the extra wildcard and all the teams competing for the slot means so many fewer sellers. It may be slim pickings. Minor would def be an upgrade. However, if there is a silver lining for us on some disappointing performances thus far, it is this. What if Folty and/or Gausman find themselves amd come back as last years versions? I know everyone thinks Folty could potentially be a dominant high leverage situation guy in the pen. Duvall could contribute as well.

Jays reportedly want two top prospects for Stroman. They want something similar to what Pitt gave for Archer. That was a top arm and a top bat.

3 minutes ago, Dawggone said:

As mentioned here the extra wildcard and all the teams competing for the slot means so many fewer sellers. It may be slim pickings. Minor would def be an upgrade. However, if there is a silver lining for us on some disappointing performances thus far, it is this. What if Folty and/or Gausman find themselves amd come back as last years versions? I know everyone thinks Folty could potentially be a dominant high leverage situation guy in the pen. Duvall could contribute as well.

They could help the pen if nothing else.

34 minutes ago, LouDog said:

I think Stroman would be a nice add to round out the rotation. Minor would be close to adding another ace. Id much rather have Minor but would be ok with Stroman as well.

I'd like to see Minor and Smith. My gut says we are going to go with 2 separate deals to add a starter and closer. But, the Giants aren't too far off right now, so who knows if they will even sell. 

Hopefully the Rangers, Giants, and similar teams decide that they aren't going to be threats with how they correctly are constructed

29 minutes ago, Dawggone said:

That is why trades made have to be with an AL team. All the NL teams except the Marlins are still in it. Mets are quickly falling out of it.

15 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

I'd like to see Minor and Smith. My gut says we are going to go with 2 separate deals to add a starter and closer. But, the Giants aren't too far off right now, so who knows if they will even sell. 

Hopefully the Rangers, Giants, and similar teams decide that they aren't going to be threats with how they correctly are constructed

The Giants ain't selling. Folks need to accept that reality. This is Bruce Bochey's last year and they're 14-2 in their last 16 games and now are just 2 out in the WC. They ain't selling.

JD dirtybird21 likes this

Minor is having a tremendous season. I wouldnt overpay just to win the bidding though. For the right deal I'm all over it. 

Honestly all this new trade line is doing is making it that much easier for the big market teams to keep on winning.

Detroit is seeking a Jose Quintana type package for Boyd. Which is "multiple high end prospects" if they cant get an established young player. Unfortunately for the Braves it's a seller's market. Too many teams in the hunt leads to less available. 

22 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Jays reportedly want two top prospects for Stroman. They want something similar to what Pitt gave for Archer. That was a top arm and a top bat.

If they are going to give up top prospects then it should be for a player who is under contract for several seasons like Sonny Gray. A potential free agent like Stroman isn't worth an Archer-type deal.

20 minutes ago, The Kingfish said:

If they are going to give up top prospects then it should be for a player who is under contract for several seasons like Sonny Gray. A potential free agent like Stroman isn't worth an Archer-type deal.

You'd still get Stroman for all of next season. Gray just scares me because of his Yankees stint. He credited the Reds staff with his rejuvenation. I'm afraid of what would happen if you took him away from them right now. You'd also be taking on his nearly $10.5M per year salary. 

22 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

The Giants ain't selling. Folks need to accept that reality. This is Bruce Bochey's last year and they're 14-2 in their last 16 games and now are just 2 out in the WC. They ain't selling.

I’m a giants fan and I’ll concur on this statement. Team is very much going for it

1 minute ago, Unkn0wn said:

DOB said he hears the Braves are interested in Ken Giles but have not asked about Stroman.

I would love it if we got Giles. Have him close, Swarzak in the 8th, Webb in the 7th, and Newk to give the other guys a day off, or as our long relief guy. Could be a very good bullpen.

Ken Rosenthal said the Jays reluctance to trade with Anthopolous has softened. Ken mentioned Giles might be the more preferred target.

14 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Ken Rosenthal said the Jays reluctance to trade with Anthopolous has softened. Ken mentioned Giles might be the more preferred target.

I still don't understand why the Jays have sour grapes with AA. What did he do that was so bad to piss them off? If every team held it against an executive every time they took another job we wouldn't have any trades ever.

sdogg likes this

24 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I still don't understand why the Jays have sour grapes with AA. What did he do that was so bad to piss them off? If every team held it against an executive every time they took another job we wouldn't have any trades ever.

Considering they screwed him over makes it worse. The Jays hired Mark Shapiro, the Indians GM, as President of Baseball Operations and then asked Anthopolous to stay in Toronto and answer to Shapiro. They actually offered him a 5 year extension afterwards. Anthopolous had just won Executive of the Year and taken the Jays to the ALCS for the first time in 20 years. Anthopolous had every right to be infuriated but the Jays got offended he left instead.

Falconsfan567 likes this

Detroit media reporting the Cubs have made some progress in talks for Castellanos. Speculation is the Cubs would move Heyward to CF and allow the defensively challenged Castellanos to roam a corner. 

3 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Considering they screwed him over makes it worse. The Jays hired Mark Shapiro, the Indians GM, as President of Baseball Operations and then asked Anthopolous to stay in Toronto and answer to Shapiro. They actually offered him a 5 year extension afterwards. Anthopolous had just won Executive of the Year and taken the Jays to the ALCS for the first time in 20 years. Anthopolous had every right to be infuriated but the Jays got offended he left instead.

Well Ken Giles would be a nice "We're sorry" present :lol:

Boston is on Giles. Toronto is said be asking a very steep price for him. They're also in on Kirby Yates but SD has made it clear they dont really want to trade him and would need to be blown away to consider it.

28 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Hearing rumors the Braves are checking in on Greinke. 

Arizona is reportedly willing to eat money but they'd have to eat a lot. He'll be 36 next season and has 2 years $70M left on his contract.

Malachore likes this

26 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Hearing rumors the Braves are checking in on Greinke. 

They were talking about that on the radio here in Phx this morning.....they said that Atlanta would be a home run for him.

I just can't see the Braves ....or any team picking up 60+ mill over 2 seasons.

The Dbacks are going to have to eat so much of that

Malachore likes this

10 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Arizona is reportedly willing to eat money but they'd have to eat a lot. He'll be 36 next season and has 2 years $70M left on his contract.

I have heard upwards of 40%.

That still means 21 million a year for 2 years.

Plus they will want a top pitching prospect.....they need pitching bad.