Unknøwn

Trade Rumors

1,341 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

**** no. Ian Anderson is on the same path as Mike Soroka. He has Jacob deGrom type of potential 

He's the only guy I'm not trading.

I'll give up 3 of these other dudes for a marginal improvement.

youngbloodz likes this

Just now, Malachore said:

He's the only guy I'm not trading.

I'll give up 3 of these other dudes for a marginal improvement.

I can agree with that.

If I had to choose between Mike Minor or Marcus Stroman give me Mike Minor. Minor has proven he can handle pitching for the Braves and his 1 postseason start is much better than Stroman's 2 postseason starts. He's also been better than Stroman this year. Give me Minor!!

14 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

If I had to choose between Mike Minor or Marcus Stroman give me Mike Minor. Minor has proven he can handle pitching for the Braves and his 1 postseason start is much better than Stroman's 2 postseason starts. He's also been better than Stroman this year. Give me Minor!!

I liked Minor.  Time for him to come home. 

sdogg likes this

Giants have now won 7 straight games, this one thanks to the Mets dropping a fly ball. Giants are now 49-49 this season and 2 games out of the WC race. They're 14-2 in their last 16 games. I'd be pretty surprised if they sell. If they were to sell while playing their best baseball in years that fan base would riot.

LOL!!!! I just laughed my *** off!!! Steve B on the Diamondbacks broadcast!! The Rockies lost again tonight to the New York Savages!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

10 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

First off :tiphat:. I know this might be a stupid question but how is that a change-up? I thought a change-up was a slightly slower fastball that dipped at the last minute? 

7 minutes ago, oztin said:

First off :tiphat:. I know this might be a stupid question but how is that a change-up? I thought a change-up was a slightly slower fastball that dipped at the last minute? 

Minors changeup is a little different. It's more of a change in velocity with late side movement. Part of why it's such an issue for hitters.

sdogg likes this

Anderson, Pache, and Waters are the only 3 I'm not trading. Or well, I would trade Pache or Waters if it was for a great haul, but Anderson would require someone that is just way out of reach. 

youngbloodz, Drew4719 and sdogg like this

Phillies acquire Mike Morin from the Twins for cash. Morin had a good run in Minnesota but was DFA'd for roster space. Phillies also signed Drew Smyly to a minor league deal. Philly is also in on Minor.

49 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Tigers asking price for Boyd is an established young MLB player and prospects. 

So someone like Camargo and mid tier guys or are they WAY overvaluing a guy I've never heard of until this month?

Because even Camargo seems like an overpay for a guy who doesn't look any better than what we have.

28 minutes ago, Malachore said:

So someone like Camargo and mid tier guys or are they WAY overvaluing a guy I've never heard of until this month?

Because even Camargo seems like an overpay for a guy who doesn't look any better than what we have.

They would laugh at that offer. Boyd is a recent breakout but hes been very good and cant be a FA till 2023. His numbers say if you put him on a better defense his ERA auto drops to 3.50. Hes a swing and miss guy that doesnt walk people so add better defense and an NL lineup and he could dip lower. Hes also a very important trade chip to the Tigers rebuild, they need to max their value for him. I dont think they'll get a young established MLB player but they'll get the top prospect they want.

Posted (edited)

Not that I want too see him go,  but I wonder what Camargo could bring. 

Edited by CrimsonFalcon

36 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

They would laugh at that offer. Boyd is a recent breakout but hes been very good and cant be a FA till 2023. His numbers say if you put him on a better defense his ERA auto drops to 3.50. Hes a swing and miss guy that doesnt walk people so add better defense and an NL lineup and he could dip lower. Hes also a very important trade chip to the Tigers rebuild, they need to max their value for him. I dont think they'll get a young established MLB player but they'll get the top prospect they want.

I'm reluctant to think that.

He has a near 5 era for his career and it's up over 4 now. People said the same thing about coming to the NL and getting better defense when we traded for Gausman. 

At that point I'd just rather keep our prospects unless since I'm not seeing the difference between them.

Edit: you are right about walks though. 24 BB to 160 strikouts is eye popping.

8 minutes ago, Malachore said:

I'm reluctant to think that.

He has a near 5 era for his career and it's up over 4 now. People said the same thing about coming to the NL and getting better defense when we traded for Gausman. 

At that point I'd just rather keep our prospects unless since I'm not seeing the difference between them.

Edit: you are right about walks though. 24 BB to 160 strikouts is eye popping.

But, who is the better arm out there that's realistically available? Bauer is likely unavailable because Cleveland leads the AL WC race right now. 

1 minute ago, Unkn0wn said:

But, who is the better arm out there that's realistically available? Bauer is likely unavailable because Cleveland leads the AL WC race right now. 

Are you saying you feel like Boyd is the best realistic arm available between him, Minor, Stroman, Bumgarner?

I highly value your opinion so I'm trying to get on board with you here.

38 minutes ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

Not that I want too see him go,  but I wonder what Camargo could bring. 

By himself probably not much. I'd think he'd be part of a bigger package.

9 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Are you saying you feel like Boyd is the best realistic arm available between him, Minor, Stroman, Bumgarner?

I highly value your opinion so I'm trying to get on board with you here.

The Giants aren't selling. Stroman and Boyd will give you about the same production IMO. You get 2 more years of Boyd than you do Stroman. Stroman's ERA actually projects a little higher than Boyd's with a better defense. Plus I think the Jays will ask more for Stroman because hes the more experienced guy. Minor I like but you could argue the same as Boyd. Minor's track record isn't a long one and he has an extensive injury history. I'd take any of them but I'm not sure the others are clearly better than getting 4 years of Boyd.

2 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

The Giants aren't selling. Stroman and Boyd will give you about the same production IMPO. You get 2 more years of Boyd than you do Stroman. Stroman's ERA actually projects a little higher than Boyd's with a better defense. Plus I think the Jays will ask more for Stroman because hes the more experienced guy. Minor I like but you could argue the same as Boyd. Minor's track record isn't a long one and he has an extensive injury history. I'd take any of them but I'm not sure the others are clearly better than getting 4 years of Boyd.

So what you offering them?

If I'm only looking at this and next I think I'm still taking Minor. We likely go for Boyd and Greene if we talk to Detriot.

13 minutes ago, Malachore said:

So what you offering them?

If I'm only looking at this and next I think I'm still taking Minor. We likely go for Boyd and Greene if we talk to Detriot.

I'd offer Wilson and Allard as the center. That's two top arms they can put in their rotation tomorrow.  

I think Stroman would be a nice add to round out the rotation. Minor would be close to adding another ace. Id much rather have Minor but would be ok with Stroman as well.

sdogg likes this