Unknøwn

Trade Rumors

1,341 posts in this topic

Some rumblings the Giants might not sell. They're just 2.5 out of the WC and in Bochy's final season they might go for it.

41 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Some rumblings the Giants might not sell. They're just 2.5 out of the WC and in Bochy's final season they might go for it.

Exactly what I said. They want one more shot at glory.

6 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Jon Morosi reporting the Braves are interested in Mike Minor.

I read Minor is a little upset at the Rangers.

This just makes so much sense for us.

13 minutes ago, Malachore said:

I read Minor is a little upset at the Rangers.

This just makes so much sense for us.

He is upset. He said trade rumors "piss me off". He also added he doesnt want to leave Texas. 

After today i'd be pretty inclined to look at adding a starter sooner rather than later. We have a legitimate shot at a WS with 2 more arms (1 starter and a legit closer)

7 hours ago, sdogg said:

Please don't tease. AA and his bosses teased us this off-season. 

It's what AA has done since he's gotten here. Only checking in to make the casual fan think he's doing something. 

sdogg likes this

17 hours ago, Malachore said:

I'll ask you the same question you asked the readers. 

Would you do it?

I'm leaning no, but it's tough.

JDFIII and Malachore like this

5 minutes ago, K26dp said:

I'm leaning no, but it's tough.

I'll trade anyone except for Waters and Pache.   These 2 are untouchable in my mind.  

2 hours ago, 007dawg said:

I'll trade anyone except for Waters and Pache.   These 2 are untouchable in my mind.  

Add Anderson to that list and that would be my untouchables, unless they blew me away.

maorifalcon likes this

8 minutes ago, JDFIII said:

Add Anderson to that list and that would be my untouchables, unless they blew me away.

Normally I would do the same, but the way most of our young pitchers have been getting bashed, I'm thinking trade him. 

23 minutes ago, sdogg said:

Normally I would do the same, but the way most of our young pitchers have been getting bashed, I'm thinking trade him. 

Itd be a shame to waste a guy based on the limited performance of others. Imagine trading Mike Soroka because of the way Bryse Wilson looked in his first few starts.

Falconsfan567 and JDFIII like this

Mike Leake wants out of Seattle but the Mariners cant find a trade partner. Arizona reportedly attempted to acquire him in June but they've since backed off.

Arizona is reportedly considering trading Greinke. They're also willing to eat money to increase the return. Greinke holds a substantial no trade list and reportedly has no desire to leave Arizona.

1 hour ago, Unkn0wn said:

Itd be a shame to waste a guy based on the limited performance of others. Imagine trading Mike Soroka because of the way Bryse Wilson looked in his first few starts.

I get what you are saying and most of my comment was an exaggeration. I'd just like to see some better performance out of all these pitchers we've drafted the past few years. And imagine if we had traded Folty in a package for a productive vet, before he fell apart. It works that way as well. 

1 hour ago, sdogg said:

I get what you are saying and most of my comment was an exaggeration. I'd just like to see some better performance out of all these pitchers we've drafted the past few years. And imagine if we had traded Folty in a package for a productive vet, before he fell apart. It works that way as well. 

Thats why it's all a game of chance. You never what guy will do. Even trading you dont know. Uggla, McLouth, Chris Archer. I'm sure Pittsburgh thought they were getting a proven vet. The whole thing is a guessing game. 

sdogg and youngbloodz like this

Man, our scouts are earning their checks right now.  They have been scouting everywhere.  Heck, send them to Antarctica to scout a sea lion if the sea lion can close a game.  

ATL Fan in the DMV likes this

9 hours ago, sdogg said:

**** no. Ian Anderson is on the same path as Mike Soroka. He has Jacob deGrom type of potential 

sdogg likes this