Unknøwn

Trade Rumors

1,341 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Dbacks Robbie Ray is emerging as a top trade target. Phillies and Astros have already checked in according to Jon Morosi.

Always liked him, thought he had a very good arm just throws too many pitches.

1 hour ago, Malachore said:

Always liked him, thought he had a very good arm just throws too many pitches.

I'm glad the Nationals still don't have him.

I think it's gonna be next to impossible to trade with an NL team. The only NL team that is basically out of the playoff hunt is the Marlins. Everyone from the Mets up is within 6 games of the 2nd WC spot. Everyone from the Reds up is 4.5 games out of the 2nd WC spot. If we make a trade it's gonna have to come from an AL team that's already out of it like the Tigers. I'd love to see Matthew Boyd and Shane Greene in a package deal.

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I think it's gonna be next to impossible to trade with an NL team. The only NL team that is basically out of the playoff hunt is the Marlins. Everyone from the Mets up is within 6 games of the 2nd WC spot. Everyone from the Reds up is 4.5 games out of the 2nd WC spot. If we make a trade it's gonna have to come from an AL team that's already out of it like the Tigers. I'd love to see Matthew Boyd and Shane Greene in a package deal.

Surely the Giants are sellers? 

10 minutes ago, maorifalcon said:

Surely the Giants are sellers? 

Giants have been playing much better of late. They're 22-15 in their 37 games and 9-2 in their last 11 games. They're now only 5 games under .500 and 3.5 games out of the 2nd WC spot. They've spent the last two years loading up for one more shot at glory before they lose guys like Bumgarner and Posey. There's no way they sell when they're still right in the middle of it when they're playing great.

44 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Giants have been playing much better of late. They're 22-15 in their 37 games and 9-2 in their last 11 games. They're now only 5 games under .500 and 3.5 games out of the 2nd WC spot. They've spent the last two years loading up for one more shot at glory before they lose guys like Bumgarner and Posey. There's no way they sell when they're still right in the middle of it when they're playing great.

There’s no way they don’t sell. They are about to lose the two best trade pieces they have for nothing in the offseason, while they could strike while the iron’s hot in a definite seller’s market. Not to mention that farm system is barren. 

4 minutes ago, ATLBrave said:

There’s no way they don’t sell. They are about to lose the two best trade pieces they have for nothing in the offseason, while they could strike while the iron’s hot in a definite seller’s market. Not to mention that farm system is barren. 

It would make sense for them to sell but I just don't see it happening. It's not the way they've operated the last two years when the smart thing would have been to raise the white flag after the 2017 season.

5 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

It would make sense for them to sell but I just don't see it happening. It's not the way they've operated the last two years when the smart thing would have been to raise the white flag after the 2017 season.

It's a new regime in SF. They hired Farhan Zaidi from LA as GM over the winter so I wouldn't be surprised to see them move some people.

Cubs acquired Martin Maldonado from KC for Mike Montgomery. KC will turn Montgomery into a full time SP.

Yankees are joining the Robbie Ray market.

Rays are interested in Zack Wheeler if he gets healthy before the end of the month. According to the report multiple teams think the Rays will go for it and make impactful moves in July.

Reds are considering moving Yasiel Puig, he is a rental. 

4 minutes ago, Nereek said:

Any news on braves lately?

They had scouts watching the Tigers Matthew Boyd's last start. 

2 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

They had scouts watching the Tigers Matthew Boyd's last start. 

That's a start.

8 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Cubs acquired Martin Maldonado from KC for Mike Montgomery. KC will turn Montgomery into a full time SP.

I think what has hurt Mike Montgomery with the Mariners and Cubs is that he kept jumping back and forth from starting to the bullpen. It's very rare that a pitcher can handle that sort of thing. He's shown flashes of being very good. He's a good guy for the Royals to take a flyer on.

On 7/15/2019 at 1:23 PM, Drew4719 said:

I can't imagine the Giants giving those guys up for that little. Would be amazing though.

That would be a great haul for two months of those guys. 

ATLBrave likes this

1 hour ago, Unkn0wn said:

Rangers have reportedly decided to move Mike Minor. Brewers and Phillies in.

I wish we would get in on that

sdogg and Drew4719 like this

On 7/16/2019 at 2:11 PM, Nereek said:

Any news on braves lately?

Braves reportedly had scouts at the Orioles game last night to watch Mychal Givens pitch.

Givens is an interesting target. Could fill a middle RP role at a lesser trade cost. Strikes out a lot of guys. Opponents only hit .217 against him and he averages about 13 Ks per 9. His ERA this year isn't pretty but that's inflated by a couple of bad outings.

maorifalcon likes this

1 minute ago, Unkn0wn said:

Givens is an interesting target. Could fill a middle RP role at a lesser trade cost. Strikes out a lot of guys. Opponents only hit .217 against him and he averages about 13 Ks per 9.

Has given up 8 HRs this season, with 6 of them coming at home. The two away bombs were @ TB and @ COL. Additionally, 4 of the 8 have come against the Yankees and Red Sox.

Yankees acquire Terrance Gore from KC for cash. Gore will report to AAA. He'll  be the Yankees pinch runner in September and October.