Unknøwn

Trade Rumors

1,341 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Oakland has acquired Homer Bailey from KC.

Still can't believe Cincinnati gave him that much $$$.

Thoughts on this scenario? I'd do this in a heartbeat

The Braves make some Giant acquisitions

Atlanta gets: LHP Madison Bumgarner and LHP Will Smith

San Francisco gets: RHP Bryse Wilson, LHP Kolby Allard and OF Justin Dean

Though the Braves added to their rotation with the Dallas Keuchel signing last month and have had a much better bullpen than it looked early in the year, Atlantans could breathe a lot easier if both areas were bolstered at this Deadline. And the good news is that the Braves are about as well-situated as any club to make upgrades. Something about Bumgarner returning to his Southeast roots (and potentially getting a shot at the Dodgers in the postseason) feels right, as does Smith’s return to his native Georgia (don’t ever doubt his Falcons fandom).

tl;dr, sdogg, slickgadawg and 1 other like this

26 minutes ago, ATLFalcon36 said:

Though the Braves added to their rotation with the Dallas Keuchel signing last month and have had a much better bullpen than it looked early in the year, Atlantans could breathe a lot easier if both areas were bolstered at this Deadline. And the good news is that the Braves are about as well-situated as any club to make upgrades. Something about Bumgarner returning to his Southeast roots (and potentially getting a shot at the Dodgers in the postseason) feels right, as does Smith’s return to his native Georgia (don’t ever doubt his Falcons fandom).

I'd do it in a heartbeat but the Giants won't.

Malachore likes this

Not that anyone cares, but here is a list of RPs (ranked) that I think will be available and we have a realistic shot at landing:

1. Ken Giles, TOR

2. Will Smith, SFG

3. Alex Colome, CHW

4. Sam Dyson, SFG

5. Greg Holland, ARZ

6. Shane Greene, DET

7. Brad Hand, CLE

8. Roenis Elias, SEA

9. Tony Watson, SFG

10. Kirby Yates, SDP

Not an all-encompassing list, but it's a start. I think if we could get two of the above listed 10 (including 1 of the top 3), we will be set on the back-end.

ATL Fan in the DMV likes this

Same as above, but for SP:

1. Trevor Bauer, CLE
  2. Madison Bumgarner, SFG
  3. Matthew Boyd, DET
  4. Marcus Stroman, TOR
  5. Robbie Ray, ARZ
  6. Zack Greinke, ARZ
  7. Noah Syndergaard, NYM
  8. Jacob DeGrom, NYM
  9.  Mike Minor, TEX

I doubt DeGrom or Greinke get dealt, as they'd be #1 and #2, respectively, if they were for sure on the market, but I think any of the 10 will shut the revolving 5th spot in our rotation in 2019.

EDIT: Removed Wheeler, as he's just been placed on the IL with shoulder fatigue. His value is basically shot.

ATL Fan in the DMV likes this

Is Zack Wheeler a free agent next year? If not i would take a flyer on him for next year for the right price

3 minutes ago, oztin said:

Is Zack Wheeler a free agent next year? If not i would take a flyer on him for next year for the right price

He is a free agent after this season.

oztin likes this

3 minutes ago, oztin said:

He is. 

oztin likes this

Dbacks Robbie Ray is emerging as a top trade target. Phillies and Astros have already checked in according to Jon Morosi.

4 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

He is a free agent after this season.

4 minutes ago, ATLBrave said:

He is. 

Thanks guys

ATLBrave likes this

9 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Dbacks Robbie Ray is emerging as a top trade target. Phillies and Astros have already checked in according to Jon Morosi.

He's a guy I'd like to see outside of the desert. His numbers have been tremendously better on the road over his career (outside of 2019) and he's still pretty young (doesn't turn 28 until October). Has the potential to see a Gerrit Cole-like boost if he goes to the right situation.

1 hour ago, ATLBrave said:

Same as above, but for SP:

1. Trevor Bauer, CLE
  2. Madison Bumgarner, SFG
  3. Matthew Boyd, DET
  4. Marcus Stroman, TOR
  5. Robbie Ray, ARZ
  6. Zack Greinke, ARZ
  7. Noah Syndergaard, NYM
  8. Jacob DeGrom, NYM
  9.  Mike Minor, TEX

I doubt DeGrom or Greinke get dealt, as they'd be #1 and #2, respectively, if they were for sure on the market, but I think any of the 10 will shut the revolving 5th spot in our rotation in 2019.

EDIT: Removed Wheeler, as he's just been placed on the IL with shoulder fatigue. His value is basically shot.

Why is Boyd listed so high? He has looked very bad latley. He has given up atleast 4 runs in five of his last 6 starts. Honestly id be more comfortable with Julio starting a playoff game over Boyd.

Just now, LouDog said:

Why is Boyd listed so high? He has looked very bad latley. He has given up atleast 4 runs in five of his last 6 starts. Honestly id be more comfortable with Julio starting a playoff game over Boyd.

Definitely hasn't look "very bad". He underlying numbers, outside of hits allowed and ERs have still been very good. He's accumulated almost a 3.0 WAR for both BR and FG, his xFIP is 3.34, ERA and FIP- are 86 and 75, respectively, and he's still mostly limiting baserunners. He's playing on a truly dreadful team that is one of the worst defensive units in all of baseball. 

13 minutes ago, ATLBrave said:

Definitely hasn't look "very bad". He underlying numbers, outside of hits allowed and ERs have still been very good. He's accumulated almost a 3.0 WAR for both BR and FG, his xFIP is 3.34, ERA and FIP- are 86 and 75, respectively, and he's still mostly limiting baserunners. He's playing on a truly dreadful team that is one of the worst defensive units in all of baseball. 

Agree to disagree. Ive personally never been impressed with the guy

4 hours ago, ATLFalcon36 said:

The Braves definitely need more help in the rotation.  That would be a good move...

3 hours ago, ATLBrave said:

Not that anyone cares, but here is a list of RPs (ranked) that I think will be available and we have a realistic shot at landing:

1. Ken Giles, TOR

2. Will Smith, SFG

3. Alex Colome, CHW

4. Sam Dyson, SFG

5. Greg Holland, ARZ

6. Shane Greene, DET

7. Brad Hand, CLE

8. Roenis Elias, SEA

9. Tony Watson, SFG

10. Kirby Yates, SDP

Not an all-encompassing list, but it's a start. I think if we could get two of the above listed 10 (including 1 of the top 3), we will be set on the back-end.

Is this your personal ranking why Yates is so low.

7 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Is this your personal ranking why Yates is so low.

Should have better explained. It’s a conflux of who I think will be the most readily available/who is the best available. I think Yates certainly could get traded, but the likelihood of a team paying Preller’s asking price is minuscule. Same for the DeGrom on the starter list. He’s easily the best on there, but I’d put his chances of getting dealt around 5-10%. 

25 minutes ago, ATLBrave said:

Should have better explained. It’s a conflux of who I think will be the most readily available/who is the best available. I think Yates certainly could get traded, but the likelihood of a team paying Preller’s asking price is minuscule. Same for the DeGrom on the starter list. He’s easily the best on there, but I’d put his chances of getting dealt around 5-10%. 

Had a feeling it was a combo of that after glancing the SP. 

Good list, pretty much how I feel.

ATLBrave likes this