Unknøwn

Trade Rumors

1,341 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, LouDog said:

My main issues with him are defensively. I think we could get similar production offensively with much better defense from one of the young guys that will be coming up soon.

Not mid season. It’s not happening unless there’s an injury. 

LouDog likes this

24 minutes ago, LouDog said:

My main issues with him are defensively. I think we could get similar production offensively with much better defense from one of the young guys that will be coming up soon.

I get it but He’s our right fielder this year. I wish him well and much success as I know you do too friend. 

2 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

I get it but He’s our right fielder this year. I wish him well and much success as I know you do too friend. 

Definetly. Ive always been a fan. But im also always down for a move that will improve the team. 95 was so **** long ago lmao

1 minute ago, LouDog said:

Definetly. Ive always been a fan. But im also always down for a move that will improve the team. 95 was so **** long ago lmao

I get it. Not going to happen. And yes 95 was a long time ago. I was a sailor in the United States Navy then. My first wife and I were still very much in love. Long, long time ago. Long time ago for sure. 

LouDog likes this

9 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

I get it. Not going to happen. And yes 95 was a long time ago. I was a sailor in the United States Navy then. My first wife and I were still very much in love. Long, long time ago. Long time ago for sure. 

Yep. I was 13 and either high or drunk every day of it. I kinda remember it lol

19 minutes ago, LouDog said:

I don't even have the memories of 95 to enjoy. I was less than 10 years old at the time. The only memory I have of 95 was Game 1 of the NLDS in Colorado against the Rockies. Bottom of the 8th inning Chipper made a diving stop on a hot smash by Andres Galarraga to end the inning and leave the bases loaded. He then homered in the 9th inning to win the game 5-4. That's all I can give you about 95. But by 96 I was old enough to live through and remember the heartbreak of blowing the series against the Yankees.

LouDog likes this

8 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I don't even have the memories of 95 to enjoy. I was less than 10 years old at the time. The only memory I have of 95 was Game 1 of the NLDS in Colorado against the Rockies. Bottom of the 8th inning Chipper made a diving stop on a hot smash by Andres Galarraga to end the inning and leave the bases loaded. He then homered in the 9th inning to win the game 5-4. That's all I can give you about 95. But by 96 I was old enough to live through and remember the heartbreak of blowing the series against the Yankees.

**** Jim Leyritz will be written on my tombstone. 

10 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I remember it but i want it to happen again soon so i can remember it a tad better lol 

I was 22 then. So basically you effers are still warming up for the show. News flash. You’re running out of time. Don’t waste time. Life goes fast. Go Braves. 

LouDog likes this

15 minutes ago, Malachore said:

There were just so many things in that series that went wrong after the Braves totally killed the Yankees in games 1 and 2. Game 3 John Smoltz pitched a heIl of a game making up for the stinker he laid in 95 in Cleveland and the Braves lost 1-0 because Jermaine Dye and Marquis Grissom had miscommunication and let a fly ball drop. Should have been up 3-0 in the series.

Just now, Tomahawk Choppa said:

I was only 5, so I don't remember anything lol

You remember peeing in the bath tub though. So do I. Go Braves! 

20 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Jim Leyritz killed a mother of 2 drunk driving. Bet he remembers that moment forever. 

6 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Dansby has been great in the 2nd round. With the way Dansby hits with RISP I actually like him in the 5th spot in the lineup.

I'm fine with that too. Either 2nd or 5th for him if you ask me. 

18 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Dansby has been great in the 2nd round. With the way Dansby hits with RISP I actually like him in the 5th spot in the lineup.

Who would you put batting 2nd if Dansby got moved to the 5 spot? Ozzie?

1 hour ago, LouDog said:

I think the thought would be that eventually we go:

Ronald
Waters
Freddie
Riley
Dansby
Ozzie
Pache
Catcher

Unsure about 6-8, but I think 1-5 is everyone's "plan"

Posted (edited)

36 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Ronald
Waters
Freddie
Riley
Dansby
Ozzie
Pache
Catcher

Id want to see Riley improve a good bit before i put him in the clean up spot. The homers are nice but until he gets better at recognizing pitchers he is going to keep on striking out.

Edited by LouDog
tl;dr likes this

1 hour ago, LouDog said:

I was talking about Waters batting 2nd. I was thinking about next year's lineup.

LouDog likes this

56 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Ronald
Waters
Freddie
Riley
Dansby
Ozzie
Pache
Catcher

If Dansby keep this up the 2 hole should permanently be his. Acuna,Dansby,Freddie should be our top 3 for the foreseeable future no matter who we get or bring up

2 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

If Dansby keep this up the 2 hole should permanently be his. Acuna,Dansby,Freddie should be our top 3 for the foreseeable future no matter who we get or bring up

Maybe Ozzie in the seven hole, the pitcher in 8 and waters in nine.  a lot of speed at the bottom.  

youngbloodz and Beef like this

58 minutes ago, usmcdirtybird said:

Maybe Ozzie in the seven hole, the pitcher in 8 and waters in nine.  a lot of speed at the bottom.  

Not happening. Snitker tried the P #8 last year and then stopped. Said he didnt feel comfortable with that.

Some questions around Ken Giles. The Jays did not use him for the 9th today. Turns out he has some nerve inflammation in his elbow. Not what the Jays or bullpen needy teams want to hear right now.

First trade hits

Boston gets: Andrew Cashner and cash

Baltimore gets: Elio Prado and Noelberth Romero.

8 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

I would be fine with that too. The thought with Dansby at 5 is that he is so good with RISP. But hey, maybe Waters will prove to do that same thing.

youngbloodz likes this

2 hours ago, tl;dr said:

I would be fine with that too. The thought with Dansby at 5 is that he is so good with RISP. But hey, maybe Waters will prove to do that same thing.

Very well could