Unknøwn

Trade Rumors

1,341 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, LouDog said:

But you are just assuming that is what he will be. 

We don't know. It's not a crime to watch both guys and think Waters has the higher overall upside.

Malachore likes this

4 hours ago, LouDog said:

Pache's stats are very similar to what Albies did in the minors as far as average goes. Waters are very similar to Rileys. Yet Rileys average continues to drop and albies has been a very consistent hitter. Hard to say what someone will do offensively once they reach the big leagues just based on minor league numbers alone.

Wait, what? That is nowhere near a fair assessment of Ozzie Albies. Albies has been as hot and cold as it gets in his 2 plus years in the majors.

4 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

I was going to say that but you can really slide Acuna down? The guy is so electric there. Maybe in the 2 hole.

I don't know yet. Acuna might become more comfortable as he gains more experience to hit anywhere. But Acuna 1st and Waters 2nd would also work.

2 hours ago, tl;dr said:

And then you ask the question about Dansby too. I like what he has done in the 2 hole. 

In 228 AB's this year, he is hitting .276. We have finally found a place for him in the lineup. If he moves, just keep him out of the 6 hole, because that hasn't gone well thus far. 

Dansby has been great in the 2nd round. With the way Dansby hits with RISP I actually like him in the 5th spot in the lineup.

9 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Wait, what? That is nowhere near a fair assessment of Ozzie Albies. Albies has been as hot and cold as it gets in his 2 plus years in the majors.

He has been very consistent right handed and kinda back and forth hitting from the left side. Id honestly be interested to see how he looks batting right handed all the time

5 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

What kind of value does Markakis have? I think very little.

I don't think he would get the deal done by himself but he could be a nice complimentary piece in a deal.

12 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

We don't know. It's not a crime to watch both guys and think Waters has the higher overall upside.

Agreed. Same with Pache's defense.

2 hours ago, LouDog said:

I don't think he would get the deal done by himself but he could be a nice complimentary piece in a deal.

You have to ask yourself why a team who is looking to unload a player for prospects would want a player in return that not only costs more than the player they likely just traded but offers nothing past this season either. Nick has little value to anyone other than the Braves, even paired with a prospect it would essentially be just giving him away to another team. At that point he's better off here as a 4th OF and locker room presence.

2 hours ago, LouDog said:

Everyone still against trading Markakis for pitching help?

Yes.. he deserves better than that.. 

now Ender on the other hand.. 

31 minutes ago, Malachore said:

You have to ask yourself why a team who is looking to unload a player for prospects would want a player in return that not only costs more than the player they likely just traded but offers nothing past this season either. Nick has little value to anyone other than the Braves, even paired with a prospect it would essentially be just giving him away to another team. At that point he's better off here as a 4th OF and locker room presence.

Honestly id rather have Charlie or even Camargo as our 4th outfielder if we brought someone up to replace Markakis. But i guess as old as he is nobody else would want him either. Last time i talked **** about him on here he got hot for a few days. Maybe it will happen again lol

1 minute ago, LouDog said:

Honestly id rather have Charlie or even Camargo as our 4th outfielder if we brought someone up to replace Markakis. But i guess as old as he is nobody else would want him either. Last time i talked **** about him on here he got hot for a few days. Maybe it will happen again lol

I'm with you, I didn't like brin6him back to begin with.

LouDog likes this

Why are we hating on Markakis? Hes currently hitting .286/.358/.441. Hes also among the top 10 in doubles. What more do you want him to do? Just because hes not flashy doesnt mean he isn't doing his job. It's just easy to overlook Markakis but hes doing a good job.

1 hour ago, Unkn0wn said:

Why are we hating on Markakis? Hes currently hitting .286/.358/.441. Hes also among the top 10 in doubles. What more do you want him to do? Just because hes not flashy doesnt mean he isn't doing his job. It's just easy to overlook Markakis but hes doing a good job.

He's on a nice little hot streak to get his numbers back up. He's hit .342/.338/.513 (.851) in his last 20 games. The reason his average is higher than his OBP in that stretch is because he's walked none!! But you don't need to walk when you're hitting .342. Prior to that he was in one heIl of a funk hitting only .208/.301/.328 (.629) in a 36 game stretch. He started off the season on fire hitting .331/.425/.512 (.937) in his first 35 games of the season.

7 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

He's on a nice little hot streak to get his numbers back up. He's hit .342/.338/.513 (.851) in his last 20 games. The reason his average is higher than his OBP in that stretch is because he's walked none!! But you don't need to walk when you're hitting .342. Prior to that he was in one heIl of a funk hitting only .208/.301/.328 (.629) in a 36 game stretch. He started off the season on fire hitting .331/.425/.512 (.937) in his first 35 games of the season.

I believe it goes back to him needing more days off. A fresh Markakis is a very effective one. Hopefully Snitker focuses on him getting decent time off in the second half. Culberson deserves way more playing time than he gets. Camargo can handle the IF.

Falconsfan567 likes this

Because once again he has a couple good months to inflate his value. He's not been much good since this time last year.

13 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

I believe it goes back to him needing more days off. A fresh Markakis is a very effective one. Hopefully Snitker focuses on him getting decent time off in the second half. Culberson deserves way more playing time than he gets. Camargo can handle the IF.

Eh, it's not like Snit didn't know any of this going into the season, and he still didn't give Kakes more rest. Not sure what would make the light turn on for Snit about it now. Pisses me off. 

35 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

How is it possible for your average to be higher than your OBP? Not being a smart ***. Seriously asking. It seems with no walks his OBP and average would be the same.

Trading Kakes isn’t happening and would be foolish. This is a young team. The locker room and dugout actually matters to them. Anyone think those young players don’t look up to Kakes? It matters on these types of teams. Don’t rock the boat. It’s not like he’s sucking. Baseball is hard man. 

Markakis has produced every year that he has been with the Braves. Every.Single.Year!

2 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

Trading Kakes isn’t happening and would be foolish. This is a young team. The locker room and dugout actually matters to them. Anyone think those young players don’t look up to Kakes? It matters on these types of teams. Don’t rock the boat. It’s not like he’s sucking. Baseball is hard man. 

My main issues with him are defensively. I think we could get similar production offensively with much better defense from one of the young guys that will be coming up soon.

10 minutes ago, LouDog said:

My main issues with him are defensively. I think we could get similar production offensively with much better defense from one of the young guys that will be coming up soon.

Soon.. yes

not now

LouDog likes this

25 minutes ago, LouDog said:

How is it possible for your average to be higher than your OBP? Not being a smart ***. Seriously asking. It seems with no walks his OBP and average would be the same.

Because when you hit a sacrifice fly it counts against your OBP. I personally think that is stupid because a sacrifice bunt doesn't count against your OBP but a sac fly does. It doesn't make one lick of sense to punish a player for doing something right.

2 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Because when you hit a sacrifice fly it counts against your OBP. I personally think that is stupid because a sacrifice bunt doesn't count against your OBP but a sac fly does. It doesn't make one lick of sense to punish a player for doing something right.

Ah ok. I guess that makes sense