Unknøwn

Trade Rumors

1,341 posts in this topic

It's that time of year again. We start off with Seattle. The Mariners are reportedly trying to trade anything not nailed down. 

The Phillies are reportedly making progress on acquiring Jay Bruce. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yankees and Jays have reportedly talked Marcus Stroman. Yankees are also known to be interested in Bumgarner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Yankees and Jays have reportedly talked Marcus Stroman. Yankees are also known to be interested in Bumgarner.

After watching his whiny, belligerent exchanges with the ump then Muncey he can stay where hes at. He initiated both incidents and on the homer he was offbase. If u watch the breakdown on YouTube it was if he got sauced prior to the game. Not joking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/1/2019 at 3:36 PM, Unkn0wn said:

It's that time of year again. We start off with Seattle. The Mariners are reportedly trying to trade anything not nailed down. 

The Phillies are reportedly making progress on acquiring Jay Bruce. 

What a mess in Seattle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ATLBrave said:

Report out that Tigers will listen to offers on a number of vets, including Matthew Boyd. I'd be banging on Al Aliva's door right now to inquire on Boyd.

I have seriously never heard of him, guess I got some research to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Malachore said:

I have seriously never heard of him, guess I got some research to do.

28 year old SP. Not the greatest career numbers but hes really putting it together the last couple of years. Has 105 Ks in 84 innings with just 15 walks this year with a 3.08 ERA. Has 4 years of control left. 

JDFIII and Malachore like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ATLBrave said:

Report out that Tigers will listen to offers on a number of vets, including Matthew Boyd. I'd be banging on Al Aliva's door right now to inquire on Boyd.

Absolutely!! I can get behind a package deal that brings Boyd and Greene to the ATL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

From the Athletic  

Texas Rangers
Trade partner: Atlanta Braves

The Rangers have had a difficult time solving center field. Delino DeShields Jr. has never quite developed his bat and although Joey Gallo has done an adequate job, he’s still much better on a corner. Since the Rangers are legitimate wild-card contenders, they should try to improve the defense in center field and help the pitching staff with run prevention. Braves’ center fielder Ender Inciarte is presently on the injured list with a lumbar strain and although he’s still weeks away, he would be a wise trade target. The former Gold Glove winner has lost his job in the outfield as rookie sensation Austin Riley has taken over in left and Ronald Acuña Jr. has now been moved to center field full-time.

The Braves need bullpen help and depending on their latest scouting reports and analytics, perhaps either José Leclerc or Shawn Kelley (or both) would make sense for them in a swap. Leclerc, 25, was one of the game’s best closers last August and September but has struggled this year, as shown by his 5.28 ERA and 1.345 WHIP, but he has also punched out 46 in 29 innings. Kelley, 35, is having a terrific year, with a 2.66 ERA, 1.099 WHIP and seven saves. The Rangers get their defensive center fielder and the Braves improve their bullpen by once again holding on to all of their prospects. Done.

This is just a trade contenders could make at the deadline

Edited by oztin
maorifalcon, g-dawg, JDFIII and 3 others like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, oztin said:

From the Athletic  

Texas Rangers
Trade partner: Atlanta Braves

The Rangers have had a difficult time solving center field. Delino DeShields Jr. has never quite developed his bat and although Joey Gallo has done an adequate job, he’s still much better on a corner. Since the Rangers are legitimate wild-card contenders, they should try to improve the defense in center field and help the pitching staff with run prevention. Braves’ center fielder Ender Inciarte is presently on the injured list with a lumbar strain and although he’s still weeks away, he would be a wise trade target. The former Gold Glove winner has lost his job in the outfield as rookie sensation Austin Riley has taken over in left and Ronald Acuña Jr. has now been moved to center field full-time.

The Braves need bullpen help and depending on their latest scouting reports and analytics, perhaps either José Leclerc or Shawn Kelley (or both) would make sense for them in a swap. Leclerc, 25, was one of the game’s best closers last August and September but has struggled this year, as shown by his 5.28 ERA and 1.345 WHIP, but he has also punched out 46 in 29 innings. Kelley, 35, is having a terrific year, with a 2.66 ERA, 1.099 WHIP and seven saves. The Rangers get their defensive center fielder and the Braves improve their bullpen by once again holding on to all of their prospects. Done.

This is just a trade contenders could make at the deadline

Sounds like a fair swap.  Braves need two more upgrades in bullpen.  Would be nice to deal Incairte as soon as healthy for one, and then another before July 31 deadline.   

Not giving up any Top 10 prospects for a rental relief pitcher though.

sdogg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/13/2019 at 6:23 PM, jidady said:

That's not the way we're gonna win. We should trade for Mike Trout and Nolan Arenado.

Finally!!! Someone who gets it!!

jidady likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wanted Cody Allen signed during the offseason and would still take him in a heartbeat!! He got off to a tremendous start this year before things went south. So there's some hope there for a rebound.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Sounds like a fair swap.  Braves need two more upgrades in bullpen.  Would be nice to deal Incairte as soon as healthy for one, and then another before July 31 deadline.   

Not giving up any Top 10 prospects for a rental relief pitcher though.

I want no part of Shawn Kelley!! How quickly we forget how horrendous he was with the Nationals. He also couldn't hack it with the Yankees. Dude looks great for the Padres and Rangers but put him in a pennant race and he cracks!! Last thing the Braves need is another pitcher that cracks under pressure!! We've got way too many of them right now.

Jose Leclerc is an interesting option though and I'd take a chance on him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I want no part of Shawn Kelley!! How quickly we forget how horrendous he was with the Nationals. He also couldn't hack it with the Yankees. Dude looks great for the Padres and Rangers but put him in a pennant race and he cracks!! Last thing the Braves need is another pitcher that cracks under pressure!! We've got way too many of them right now.

Jose Leclerc is an interesting option though and I'd take a chance on him.

Give me Will Smith or Ken Giles.  Brad Hand from Cleveland would be nice.  HAs playoff experience.  

Malachore and Falconsfan567 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I want no part of Shawn Kelley!! How quickly we forget how horrendous he was with the Nationals. He also couldn't hack it with the Yankees. Dude looks great for the Padres and Rangers but put him in a pennant race and he cracks!! Last thing the Braves need is another pitcher that cracks under pressure!! We've got way too many of them right now.

Jose Leclerc is an interesting option though and I'd take a chance on him.

I have no idea about that guy specifically.  Just know we need 2 more arms in the bullpen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Unkn0wn said:

Yankees have acquired Edwin Encarnacion from Seattle. Edwin leads the AL with 21 HR.

:tiphat:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yankees sent Clint Frazier to AAA. Frazier was hitting .285/.333/.522 with 11 HR. Speculation is he might be bait to get Bumgarner or Stroman in July.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some whispers regarding Max Scherzer and if he's available in July. Nats GM strongly denies he'll even answer the phone if it's about Scherzer. Max has 2 years left on his contract and would likely cost the entire farm system for anyone interested. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Some whispers regarding Max Scherzer and if he's available in July. Nats GM strongly denies he'll even answer the phone if it's about Scherzer. Max has 2 years left on his contract and would likely cost the entire farm system for anyone interested. 

They're not trading Scherzer. A team with a 93 year old owner isn't going to do a rebuild.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From The Athletic 

Atlanta Braves
Trade Partner: Pittsburgh Pirates

The Atlanta Braves made a big splash last week when they signed left-handed starting pitcher Dallas Keuchel in free agency, but GM Alex Anthopoulos is not done making moves. He’s been very aggressive on the trade front, talking to several GMs on a regular basis regarding every possible reliever and closer who’s available or could become available. If the Pirates continue to fall out of the race, the Braves might be a perfect match in a trade for impact closer Felipe Vázquez. Perhaps a package of southpaws Kolby Allard and Thomas Burrows could get a deal done.

Vázquez, 27, is in his prime and controllable through 2023 with the last two years of his deal being team options. He’s under a club-friendly deal that pays him $4.5 million this year, $5.75 million in 2020 and $7.75 million in 2021 with club options at $10 million for both 2022 and 2023 and the buyouts totaling $1.5 million. Vázquez has appeared in 26 games this year with a 2.22 ERA with 15 saves and a staggering 46 strikeouts in 28 1/3 innings.

In return, the Pirates would need one of the Braves’ top starting pitching prospects, and although they can’t get Ian Anderson from them, they might be able to pry away 21-year-old Allard. The lefty is currently pitching at Triple-A Gwinnett in the International League and is 5-3 with a 3.88 ERA. Allard has an 89-92 mph sneaky fastball with a filthy curveball and a solid changeup and would fit nicely in the Pirates’ young rotation. Burrows, 24, was the Mariners’ fourth-round pick back in 2016 and was acquired by Atlanta, along with Luiz Gohara, for outfielder Mallex Smith and right-handed reliever Shae Simmons. Burrows has pitched at both Double A and Triple A and has struck out 28 batters in 25 1/3 innings over 21 appearances. His lack of command is the only thing standing in his way of being a productive left-handed set-up reliever in the majors.

This deal would make the Braves heavy favorites in the NL East and give them a legitimate chance of getting back to the World Series. For the Pirates, it’s business as usual, lowering payroll and building for the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now