Never realized how bad LVE wrecked us week 11

Jerz

Those 2 hogs we got in the 1st are looking better to me each day. Though Leighton reminds of the time I was gushing over the thought of potentially having a truly elite unit on defense by trading up for Bush.

I just dont think we field a top 10 D until one of those 3 levels of defense is unquestionably one of the best in the league. And adding a probowl caliber running mate next to Debo would be our quickest/ surefire way in doing so.

Seeing how this dude makes his size and speed work for him, I do not blame Quinn for trying Beasley at LB noting their nearly identical measurables. 

Edited by Jerz #DukeSZN

While I think the kid is great, it was mostly terrible play by us. Hooper is hype around here, but you have to use your body, especially as a TE. He should have stepped into that pass. He also does not use his hands and arms. We all know that it's illegal to push off, but you can sell it as you're making that cut. 

In the second gif, Mack simply missed his block. LVE didn't even have to shed. Had Mack connected with him, Coleman was gone for six.

27 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

While I think the kid is great, it was mostly terrible play by us. Hooper is hype around here, but you have to use your body, especially as a TE. He should have stepped into that pass. He also does not use his hands and arms. We all know that it's illegal to push off, but you can sell it as you're making that cut. 

In the second gif, Mack simply missed his block. LVE didn't even have to shed. Had Mack connected with him, Coleman was gone for six.

Yeah, I agree with a lot of this. We did a poor job here. Even Mack struggled. 

3 hours ago, Faithful Falcon said:

You see that Mack simply missed a block I see Leighton made a quick inside move that caught Mack off guard which made him over pursue. Though it does look like he was just aimlessly running out there to begin with but whatever. I still hand it to the rook for that performance. He has a subtle quickness to his game to go along with those instincts at his size..smh he's going to be a problem.

3 hours ago, Faithful Falcon said:

To the OP’s point, this kid LVE caused a lot of that. He’s gonna be the next great LBer.

7 minutes ago, Jerz #DukeSZN said:

You see that Mack simply missed a block I see Leighton made a quick inside move that caught Mack off guard which made him over pursue. Though it does look like he was just aimlessly running out there to begin with but whatever. I still hand it to the rook for that performance. He has a subtle quickness to his game to go along with those instincts at his size..smh he's going to be a problem.

Yea he just caught Mack underneath. The run is designed to go outside. Lawrence setting a hard edge forced Coleman upfield. But that's why I hate toss sweeps to the short side of the field. Minimal room for error with a back that isn't very agile. 

2 minutes ago, Monolith2001 said:

Taking little from "LVE", that was some less than stellar blocking by our linemen.  All those runs would have been pretty nice if our guys could have made just one block.

Absolutely that blocking was atrocious. Last clip was just disheartening and I'm glad the OL is getting blown up. But they did play an imposing run D and I'm very bullish on the cowboys front 7, mostly Jalen and Leighton but they do have some studs on that line.

6 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

LVE is special...so is Darius Leonard.  Still taking Debo over either.  

I just want to see Debo not have to do it all every week. Imagining a probowl LB next to him makes me salivate.

27 minutes ago, vel said:

Yea he just caught Mack underneath. The run is designed to go outside. Lawrence setting a hard edge forced Coleman upfield. But that's why I hate toss sweeps to the short side of the field. Minimal room for error with a back that isn't very agile. 

Yeah it was at that point in the season where I hated toss sweeps all together. Coleman just tries to outrun everybody to the outside so it's just a matter of making him take wide angles and beating him to the spot which they did perfectly. 

8 hours ago, Jerz #DukeSZN said:

Yeah it was at that point in the season where I hated toss sweeps all together. Coleman just tries to outrun everybody to the outside so it's just a matter of making him take wide angles and beating him to the spot which they did perfectly. 

Maybe you are referring to other plays but the point of the toss sweep is to get to the outside as quickly as possible before the defense can make up the distance/angles it should create.  In the example above, that's down the sideline if it is blocked better.   Heath beats Wes to the point forcing Teco to cut inside.  This causes Mack (who is actually in good position if Teco stays outside, to be over-committed to the outside and cannot get back to get hands on LVE.

Edited by Monolith2001

On 6/1/2019 at 11:02 AM, Jerz #DukeSZN said:

Dang I wish you guys knew players other than the falcons.

You can't expect us to know every single player from other teams, much less by their initials. I don't follow the Cowboys, so other than the household names like Dak, Zeke, and Witten, I'm not gonna know who "LVE" is, nor do I really care to know unless we're playing the Cowboys.

5 hours ago, No.11 said:

You can't expect us to know every single player from other teams, much less by their initials. I don't follow the Cowboys, so other than the household names like Dak, Zeke, and Witten, I'm not gonna know who "LVE" is, nor do I really care to know unless we're playing the Cowboys.

No I definitely hear you. I'll try to be a little more casual next time.