atljbo

Vaughn McClure Speaking to Vic Beasley

60 posts in this topic

51 minutes ago, droopy1592 said:

The LEO and SAM IIRC yes 

Bear_Front.JPG

cool. That's what I thought. Looks like DQ is simply trying to bust out of that vanilla Manuel Scheme and fulfill his scheme to the max. I love that pic and how confusing that defense is to a QB. Cominsky holds the edge as a jumbo. DE very well btw for the other looks and certainly can move inside.

Vandy likes this

1 hour ago, Dirtybird56 said:

I’m obviously no Beasley fan but I can appreciate how much more explosive he is than Bud Dupree

Dude us ultra explosive..... again... it's just about developing a secondary move and using more stench in his game....

Schwarzwald and Vandy like this

I mean it really isn't any of our business why he didn't show up but the fact that DQ was disappointed and VB44 didn't want to comment makes me wonder....

27 minutes ago, Macintez said:

This says everything I need to know about him as a competitor.

This has to be the most overhyped pic I've ever seen.... I've seen LeBron walk in the locker room before time on the clock.... 

I'm not saying it's a good look but it'd wayyyyyyy over hyped.

The fact is a lot of fans don't like beasley.... He had a promising rookie year... A all pro 2nd year and never took that next step so I get it... below average 2 years... so I get why ppl feel a certain way.

He has this year to prove himself

Duff_Man, Vandy, falcons007 and 5 others like this

3 minutes ago, atljbo said:

This has to be the most overhyped pic I've ever seen.... I've seen LeBron walk in the locker room before time on the clock.... 

The fact is a lot of fans don't like beasley.... He had a promising rookie year... A all pro 2nd year and never took that next step so I get it... below average 2 years... so I get why ppl feel a certain way.

It’s not over-hyped to me. Dude was the only Falcon player close to the locker room. Why would you leave your teammates out there to watch? Just stay out there; y’all came out as a team so leave as a team. To me it’s the little things that give the most insight to a player and Beasley had a BAD game that day. I was already done with him before then but after that I was just COMPLETELY finished with him. Would love for him to prove me wrong about the type of football player he is but he seems like more of an elite athlete than football player and the reason why is because he doesn’t have a competitive edge. I don’t think he will put it together this year. I’ll give him about 7-8 sacks this year, which about half will be “garbage” sacks that won’t impact the game. About 30-35 tackles. Which will probably be enough to warrant a very cheap deal to stay in ATL, which he will be fine with him, because he has more money than he ever imagined having. Which means people will continue to hope for him to become an impact player. Hence....

The Circle of Life 

54 minutes ago, atljbo said:

Dude us ultra explosive..... again... it's just about developing a secondary move and using more stench in his game....

True.but its been what 4 years? And he still hasnt developed an effective second move

44 minutes ago, atljbo said:

THANK YOU. Its literally a pic from where they were running continuous nickel. He couldn't catch his breath at all. Has nothing to do with his competitiveness. He's not Vontae Davis or somebody like that. 

VTCrunkler likes this

3 hours ago, droopy1592 said:

The LEO and SAM IIRC yes 

Bear_Front.JPG

Patriots-4-3-Under.jpg

Seahawks-4-3-Under.jpg

As you can see, it all comes down to the two weak side defensive lineman being dynamic.  They are relatively isolated so have to create chaos while the strong side can offer run support.  

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

2 hours ago, GrimeyKidd said:

THANK YOU. Its literally a pic from where they were running continuous nickel. He couldn't catch his breath at all. Has nothing to do with his competitiveness. He's not Vontae Davis or somebody like that. 

Do some more research about this pic.  You're wrong.

4 hours ago, MSalmon said:

cool. That's what I thought. Looks like DQ is simply trying to bust out of that vanilla Manuel Scheme and fulfill his scheme to the max. I love that pic and how confusing that defense is to a QB. Cominsky holds the edge as a jumbo. DE very well btw for the other looks and certainly can move inside.

DQ ran way more stunts, five man rushes, and more 3-4 concepts than Manuel. He seemed to mix it between press man and soft zone way more than Manuel and more zone/man three safety looks (rare) when he was running the defense at the end of 2016. We still gave up some yards, but we created more turnovers and had QBs running scared. We may not be a true top-10 D but with DQ running the show we won’t be as predictable. If we can repeat anything close to the 16 offense, DQ will let the defense loose and run wild. 

Hopefully. 

athell and falcons007 like this

13 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

We basically already do. 4-3 under is very similar to 3-4. That’s why Quinn takes 3-4 type players. They fit in a 4-3 under. All they have to do is back up off the ball in a 2 point stance and now it’s a 3-4. 

KzXPA4g.gif

BoomGoesTheDynamite likes this

I think Vic will have a really good season.. But If he don't get 15 or 20 sacks,, will not mean he had a bad season ...  He can have a great year and only have like 8 or 10 sacks.. how many tkles ,, how many assit. how many pressures... Thankfully the HC knows that.. a lot of fans needs to understand,, Vic is Good.. he's all good... :lol:

10 hours ago, atljbo said:

People called Vic bust and then had to back track in 2016. All that bust crowd from 2015 is back to hating.  In 2017 he was used as a LB and spy more than he should have been. He was underwhelming in 2018, so was every one on that DL including Takk. DQ is betting his job on Vic, he probably knows some thing we don’t or it will be a mistake. As a falcon fan, I hope Beasley gets double digit sacks and tears up the league.

VTCrunkler likes this

7 hours ago, droopy1592 said:

DQ ran way more stunts, five man rushes, and more 3-4 concepts than Manuel. He seemed to mix it between press man and soft zone way more than Manuel and more zone/man three safety looks (rare) when he was running the defense at the end of 2016. We still gave up some yards, but we created more turnovers and had QBs running scared. We may not be a true top-10 D but with DQ running the show we won’t be as predictable. If we can repeat anything close to the 16 offense, DQ will let the defense loose and run wild. 

Hopefully. 

That was MM undoing, heck most of the year DL couldn’t even line up in right place.

37 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

That was MM undoing, heck most of the year DL couldn’t even line up in right place.

It wasn’t our best defense but the end of 2016 defense was fun to watch. 

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

Is it possible that Beasley is irritated that the Falcons picked up his 5th year as he wants to go elsewhere (like Pittsburgh)?

11 hours ago, atljbo said:

Exactly true,, it is.. that's why I don't even try to continue on this thread,, I mean , anybody can say anything about any picture and guess what was going on,, and 99% of the time they will be wrong,, I do know most of the people putting him down from just this pic are just pure Vic Beasley  hatters,,  And wont to put  him down with there words.. He's still who he is,, And he's a great person and is trying to be a good LBer for our team. Hatters are going to hate.. I'm his biggest fan. And I truly believe he will be a good player this year.. Above average is what I think he will be.

12 hours ago, Macintez said:

It’s not over-hyped to me. Dude was the only Falcon player close to the locker room. Why would you leave your teammates out there to watch? Just stay out there; y’all came out as a team so leave as a team. To me it’s the little things that give the most insight to a player and Beasley had a BAD game that day. I was already done with him before then but after that I was just COMPLETELY finished with him. Would love for him to prove me wrong about the type of football player he is but he seems like more of an elite athlete than football player and the reason why is because he doesn’t have a competitive edge. I don’t think he will put it together this year. I’ll give him about 7-8 sacks this year, which about half will be “garbage” sacks that won’t impact the game. About 30-35 tackles. Which will probably be enough to warrant a very cheap deal to stay in ATL, which he will be fine with him, because he has more money than he ever imagined having. Which means people will continue to hope for him to become an impact player. Hence....

The Circle of Life 

Very good explaination. Not that you had to explain anyway.