caponine

Shooting In Virginia Beach

268 posts in this topic

41 minutes ago, Falcons_Pantera_KoRn said:

Yep, one of the main issues our cancer rates are so high, childhood obesity, etc.  We put so many chemicals in our foods that are straight up banned in other countries.  We allow corporations to sell sugary sodas and high-fructose corn syrup to our kids in their schools, it's disgusting.  Then you have the issue of factory farming and corporations like Monsanto/Bayer basically poisoning our food supply.

Ever read the Obesity code by Jason Fung? Think it explains things perfectly if I'm honest.

23 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Why don’t the powers that be act and legislate gun ownership correctly.

We just had a mass shooting here in NZ a few months back and we have already got legislation that now is law banning the ownership of semi automatic weapons.They also have a govt funded a buy back program for people handing in these types of weapons.

This is after one incident that’s all it took before our govt said enough enough.

This seems a very common occurrence in the US but the govt stands back and allows this sought of thing to happen.

I don’t get it.

The us population is 81 times larger than New Zealand.  Everything happens more often in the USA than NZ. 

15 minutes ago, Zone#7 said:

Ever read the Obesity code by Jason Fung? Think it explains things perfectly if I'm honest.

I have not, but thank you for the recommendation.  I will check it out.

5 minutes ago, Flip Flop said:

The us population is 81 times larger than New Zealand.  Everything happens more often in the USA than NZ. 

For example, conservatives trying to normalize massacres because guns were involved.

17 minutes ago, Flip Flop said:

We have more people so mass murder is just what it is.

Maga.

evil violence is only feasible if the victims are disarmed or are cowards. a victim that fights back makes the whole business impractical. Nobody wants to HAVE to carry a gun everywhere they go. It is heavy, not fashionable, gets in the way when you go to the bathroom, etc. but evil exists and the Police cannot save you nor prevent it. evil predators being shot down routinely is the best remedy for this carnage. bans, prohibitions, lobbying against the tools to fight back  just move the responsibility back onto the government and they couldn't get laid in a brothel with a pocket full of 100's.

Tim Mazetti likes this

1 hour ago, Doug Carlton said:

evil violence is only feasible if the victims are disarmed or are cowards. a victim that fights back makes the whole business impractical. Nobody wants to HAVE to carry a gun everywhere they go. It is heavy, not fashionable, gets in the way when you go to the bathroom, etc. but evil exists and the Police cannot save you nor prevent it. evil predators being shot down routinely is the best remedy for this carnage. bans, prohibitions, lobbying against the tools to fight back  just move the responsibility back onto the government and they couldn't get laid in a brothel with a pocket full of 100's.

Gun ******* think they live in an action movie lol

17 hours ago, Falcons_Pantera_KoRn said:

A strong democracy, which we do not have in this country, is a deterrent to tyranny and crime.  An armed citizenry in present day times does not deter crime or tyranny.   That made sense around the time this country was founded, but not so much now.   I am all for learning from history and not repeating our mistakes, but to think the 390+ million firearms in this country is preventing tyranny is foolish nra/gun manufacturer propaganda. In fact, the statistics would show the exact opposite.  

Lost me at Democracy. Democracy is the worst form of tyranny. Mob rule: Two wolves and a sheep deciding what to eat for lunch.

3 hours ago, Doug Carlton said:

idiots believe disarming victims will result in disarming criminals

I wouldn't go that far I look at this the same way I think about privacy on the internet. I'm probably not going to stop high ranking hackers or government from going after me, but if I can stop you that's enough for me. Cause 9/10 it's a random kid who's not that good hacking you off of something he copied from internet.

The chances someone will be involved in gang related crimes are not as high as long as you aren't engaging in dumb ****.

48 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

The victim in your own action movie lol

I was the victim of a violent home invasion. So yeah, you could look at it that way if you are a complete *******.

Edited by Doug Carlton
JDaveG likes this

56 minutes ago, Tim Mazetti said:

Lost me at Democracy. Democracy is the worst form of tyranny. Mob rule: Two wolves and a sheep deciding what to eat for lunch.

fyi - most democracies have more than 2 parties.  If you are saying this country specifically has a bad implementation of  democracy then I would agree, but if you are saying democracy in general is bad...Well what is your ideal form of government?

1 hour ago, Tim Mazetti said:

What a gross over simplification

1 hour ago, Doug Carlton said:

I was the victim of a violent home invasion. So yeah, you could look at it that way if you are a complete *******.

Did you have a gun at the time?

The NRA/gun manufacturer myth about a good guy with a gun coming to save the day is false propaganda.  Statistics overwhelmingly show that the 'good guy' with a gun is exponentially more likely to shoot an innocent bystander, in a lot of cases a family member or themselves, more often than they shoot the 'bad guy'.

The rare case where the victim does use their gun to shoot the perpetrator gets plastered all over conservative media and pushed by the NRA to make it seem like this is a common occurrence, but if you look at facts that is simply not the case.

4 minutes ago, Doug Carlton said:

no and I live with the guilt every day.

Got mugged once upon a time. Made peace with the fact that there was nothing I could have done differently about it. Having a gun wouldn't have made a difference either and, if anything, would have just gotten stolen as well.

To each his own, I guess.

2 hours ago, Falcons_Pantera_KoRn said:

fyi - most democracies have more than 2 parties.  If you are saying this country specifically has a bad implementation of  democracy then I would agree, but if you are saying democracy in general is bad...Well what is your ideal form of government?

A Representative Republic, i.e. the United States Constitution. My God man are you a citizen of the US?

1 hour ago, Falcons_Pantera_KoRn said:

The NRA/gun manufacturer myth about a good guy with a gun coming to save the day is false propaganda.  Statistics overwhelmingly show that the 'good guy' with a gun is exponentially more likely to shoot an innocent bystander, in a lot of cases a family member or themselves, more often than they shoot the 'bad guy'.

The rare case where the victim does use their gun to shoot the perpetrator gets plastered all over conservative media and pushed by the NRA to make it seem like this is a common occurrence, but if you look at facts that is simply not the case.

Statistics overwhelmingly show whatever you want them to show, depends on where you get them and how you view the world.Real people in the real world know it is better to fight back even if you lose, because either way a violent predator is going to hurt you.

Real people are victims and real people get training and real people fight back. This is not an NRA/Gun Manufacturer reality, this is a real world reality.

Tim Mazetti likes this

2 hours ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

What a gross over simplification

Really? No protection of the individual liberties of the sheep? Oh, majority rules.