caponine

Shooting In Virginia Beach

268 posts in this topic

Just now, Falconsin2012 said:

If we are tgere together, I’m tripping you and hauling assss

If I survive....the only place you gone be safe is Pelican Bay solitary confinement

FalconsIn2012 likes this

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Tim Mazetti said:

It is illegal to kill people.

An armed citizenry (And there are millions of law-abiding citizens packing firearms every day, but aren't murders.) is a deterrent to tyranny and crime.

A strong democracy, which we do not have in this country, is a deterrent to tyranny and crime.  An armed citizenry in present day times does not deter crime or tyranny.   That made sense around the time this country was founded, but not so much now.   I am all for learning from history and not repeating our mistakes, but to think the 390+ million firearms in this country is preventing tyranny is foolish nra/gun manufacturer propaganda. In fact, the statistics would show the exact opposite.  

Edited by Falcons_Pantera_KoRn

1 minute ago, Falconsin2012 said:

The problem is the repercussions of making firearm ownership illegal.  It simply creates a more violent and completely unregulated Black Market

Of course you can make many an argument why what if and such but a river starts as a drop of water and grows.Its obviously not going to happen in 5 minutes it may take decades.

But if you continue to make excuses and not at least give it a crack this problem will always exist.

5 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Explain please.  You think they could get the guns via a highly organized coup?  That would have to be ‘Night of the Long Knives’ organized

I believe if they tried to remove guns from the average citizen, it would result in a war of some kind.

5 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Ive also had extensive training...Im not going to even try that...I would first quickly check my surroundings to see if  I can use something to swing the advantage or at least equal it...if not...he gone have to catch me...

This isn’t the movies. I have been cut. Best bet is to get some distance and pull your gun while running. I may deter a bit. The uninformed see the knife as a lesser weapon, but many knife and hammer wielders have taken police guns home this way.

6 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Of course you can make many an argument why what if and such but a river starts as a drop of water and grows.Its obviously not going to happen in 5 minutes it may take decades.

But if you continue to make excuses and not at least give it a crack this problem will always exist.

This isn’t just taking a crack at something.  This would be akin to Prohibition.  The law would require unanimous state & federal approval and backing.

I know what you’re getting at.  Just don’t see it in the United States

If this country cared about issues that really matter such as the quality of our food, healthcare, the quality of the air & water, education, democracy, etc. as much as they cared about guns we might actually have a decent place to live.  But we rank so low in categories like these compared to other civilized countries around the world.  

We are still having stupid debates about guns, god, gays, etc. while other countries are passing us in all areas.

lostone and FalconsIn2012 like this

Just now, Falconsin2012 said:

This isn’t just taking a crack at something.  This would be akin to Prohibition.  The law would require unanimous state & federal approval.  

Understood a huge ask then but if you want to fix a gash do you stitch it or use a band aid and hope for the best it feels like the latter to me but I could be wrong.

11 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

I believe if they tried to remove guns from the average citizen, it would result in a war of some kind.

This isn’t the movies. I have been cut. Best bet is to get some distance and pull your gun while running. I may deter a bit. The uninformed see the knife as a lesser weapon, but many knife and hammer wielders have taken police guns home this way.

For sho...there is no shame in retreating

11 minutes ago, Falcons_Pantera_KoRn said:

If this country cared about issues that really matter such as the quality of our food, healthcare, the quality of the air & water, education, democracy, etc. as much as they cared about guns we might actually have a decent place to live.  But we rank so low in categories like these compared to other civilized countries around the world.  

We are still having stupid debates about guns, god, gays, etc. while other countries are passing us in all areas.

You got a link to show that everyone is passing us?

14 minutes ago, Falcons_Pantera_KoRn said:

The fact that you think the US isn't a 'decent place to live' shows you've never lived anywhere else. I haven't either, but I'm not stupid enough to think this isn't a decent place to live considering you won the lottery by being born here instead of North Korea or something. 

16 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

The fact that you think the US isn't a 'decent place to live' shows you've never lived anywhere else. I haven't either, but I'm not stupid enough to think this isn't a decent place to live considering you won the lottery by being born here instead of North Korea or something. 

If you choose to compare us to communist countries then you are setting the bar low.  I prefer to set the bar high and aim for that.

Just now, Yo_Lover said:

Respect, you brought facts.

We don't even need those studies though.  We live hear man, if you can't see it with your own eyes then we really have been fooled.  We deserve better.

Ovie_Lover likes this

Just now, Falcons_Pantera_KoRn said:

We don't even need those studies though.  We live hear man, if you can't see it with your own eyes then we really have been fooled.  We deserve better.

It is what it is. People are fine living the way they are. "Protest" now are scheduled and don't make a difference for ****. Do you think people would have noticed if they had scheduled protest for women's rights or civil rights? **** no. They actually made a **** stand and took people's attention.

22 minutes ago, Falcons_Pantera_KoRn said:

Food quality is a joke. Nobody is forcing you to eat processed crap. That is a choice. Income is a joke. Air/water is fine if you don't live in a big city, again, a choice. 

Posted (edited)

22 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Food quality is a joke. Nobody is forcing you to eat processed crap. That is a choice. Income is a joke. Air/water is fine if you don't live in a big city, again, a choice. 

I would shoot each of these down one by one, but I would be writing a novel in the process.  Let me just encourage you to inform yourself on issues that really do impact you and the ones that you love.  I could only imagine the type of issues that are important to you and that you vote based on...

Edited by Falcons_Pantera_KoRn
rounz likes this

8 minutes ago, Falcons_Pantera_KoRn said:

I would shoot each of these down one by one, but I would be writing a novel in the process.  Let me just encourage you to inform yourself on issues that really do impact you and the ones that you love.  I could only imagine the type of issues that are important to you and that you vote based on...

I can definitely get with you on food quality as I've seen that first hand. People believe these things are a joke, but don't understand how deep it goes.

I don't know about the other stuff mind you, but as far as food goes 1000% with you on that.

2 minutes ago, Zone#7 said:

I can definitely get with you on food quality as I've seen that first hand. People believe these things are a joke, but don't understand how deep it goes.

I don't know about the other stuff mind you, but as far as food goes 1000% with you on that.

Yep, one of the main issues our cancer rates are so high, childhood obesity, etc.  We put so many chemicals in our foods that are straight up banned in other countries.  We allow corporations to sell sugary sodas and high-fructose corn syrup to our kids in their schools, it's disgusting.  Then you have the issue of factory farming and corporations like Monsanto/Bayer basically poisoning our food supply.

2 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

A portal into TATF has been opened. Sadly, thoughts and prayers won't stop this either.

Prayers never stopped anything.

Sn4tteRBoxXeR likes this

4 hours ago, Tim Mazetti said:

Peeps gotta learn not to mess with armed codgers.

I wouldn’t mess with you Timmy....armed or not armed. :ninja:

Tim Mazetti likes this