caponine

Shooting In Virginia Beach

268 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, AndrewsFrancisBart said:

Oh, I'm not arguing that there isn't plenty of room for different interpretations and heated disagreements about the intentions of the founders. 

The Federalist Papers (Now in book form.) make the Founders' intentions crystal clear.

That is why we still have, and can argue for less restrictions on free speech and the right to peaceful assembly.

6 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

When times change society must move with that change.

Man has not changed for his lust for power. Over 120M people killed by governments in the last 100 years.

These lusts were limited by the US Constitution.

6 minutes ago, Tim Mazetti said:

Man has not changed for his lust for power. Over 120M people killed by governments in the last 100 years.

Needs to be fixed man surely acts like this can’t be accepted or become a norm.If I was in power there surely common sense has to take precedent here.Obviously not if there going to live by stuff that is over a 100 years old nothing will change.

Just now, kiwifalcon said:

Needs to be fixed man surely acts like this can’t be accepted or become a norm.If I was in power there surely common sense has to take precedent here.Obviously not if there going to live by stuff that is over a 100 years old nothing will change.

It is illegal to kill people.

An armed citizenry (And there are millions of law-abiding citizens packing firearms every day, but aren't murders.) is a deterrent to tyranny and crime.

28 minutes ago, Tim Mazetti said:

That 120 million number can’t be right. Must be way higher.  Hitler & Stalin alone accounted for over 60 million cases  of democide.  That’s not including the actual war 

Edit: Rommel estimates over 262 million cases of democide in the past century.  That excludes wars.

Tim Mazetti likes this

29 minutes ago, Tim Mazetti said:

An armed citizenry (And there are millions of law-abiding citizens packing firearms every day, but aren't murders.) is a deterrent to tyranny and crime.

It’s true.  If by some miracle China invaded they could push inland until they hit Texas.  At that point the amount of citizen guns would turn the Chinese army back

On a simpler level, its proven that house alarms don’t deter burgers.  Know what is the best deterrent? A dog.

It’s ok for the population to protect itself. I personally think all teachers should have mandatory firearm training and be forced to carry a weapon in class that can be quickly accessed

Deterrents like firearms or dogs are effective.  Just look at Kennesaw when they had mandatory gun ownership on the county.  Crooks simply drive by to the next county

Tim Mazetti likes this

Just now, Falconsin2012 said:

That 120 million number can’t be right. Must be way higher.  Hurler & Stalin alone did 40-50 million of genecide.  That’s not including the actual war 

Could be more than 120M.

The Turks exterminated over a million Armenians. Pot killed 6M? Cambodians, Mao killed 60M.  After the Rwandans were disarmed they were hacked to the tune of 2M deaths. Idi Amin slaughtered millions.

There are the Castro's and other tin horned murders.

1 minute ago, Tim Mazetti said:

Could be more than 120M.

The Turks exterminated over a million Armenians. Pot killed 6M? Cambodians, Mao killed 60M.  After the Rwandans were disarmed they were hacked to the tune of 2M deaths. Idi Amin slaughtered millions.

There are the Castro's and other tin horned murders.

I looked it up.  Over 262 million cases of democide in the past 100 years.  Not including any wars

Tim Mazetti likes this

1 hour ago, Tim Mazetti said:

I, an old codger, who grew-up in the fifty's-sixties am saddened, indeed, to witness an horrific change in the behavior of people.

It seems Western Civilization is collapsing before our eyes.

I think the worst part is the more aggressive drivers. It doesn't matter what time of day you go out there is usually some @$$hole on the road. Sunday morning is probably the best time to drive.

Tim Mazetti likes this

32 minutes ago, Tim Mazetti said:

Just think you got to find a happy medium is all.

The access and availability of weapons needs to be looked at this in my eyes will help cull these problems.

Its almost seems that you guys just accept that these shootings and such are basically acceptable and are part and parcel of the pitfalls or what looks like open gun ownership laws.

Tim Mazetti likes this

13 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Just think you got to find a happy medium is all.

The access and availability of weapons needs to be looked at this in my eyes will help cull these problems.

Its almost seems that you guys just accept that these shootings and such are basically acceptable and are part and parcel of the pitfalls or what looks like open gun ownership laws.

The issue is that now that there over 600 million fire arms here, if the government makes it illegal and the population turns them in (The turn-in part will never happen.) then only the mentally deranged and criminals will have them.

Just now, Tim Mazetti said:

The issue is that now that there over 600 million fire arms here, if the government makes it illegal and the population turns them in (The turn-in part will never happen.) then only the mentally deranged and criminals will have them.

Fark me really that’s an issue it almost feels like successive governments for decades have let this get too big so they can’t even regulate it or govern it effectively.

Whats the answer just continue to accept what’s happening?

Feels like your powers that be don’t care or they’ve flat out given up on this issue.

2 hours ago, mtldirtybird said:

Serious question; are you really that scared? I would just confront them man to man...Just walk out and say Yo WTF? What if it's a drunk person who walked into the wrong house or something by mistake? What if it is a criminal but they only have a knife or some other non-automatically lethal weapon that you can easily avoid or dislodge? You have the right to just end their life? 

Maybe those who are afraid are smaller in stature/timid/meek and can't handle themselves? Or is it that you actually truly believe someone is going to walk into your house and shoot you for no reason? The odds of that happening are extremely thin + putting up a fight lowers the odds of actually having your life at risk. I rather a bunch of crazy people don't have easy access to end lives and shoot up schools and take my chances with the scenario I suggested. Maybe I'm just in Canada and it's not normal for people to storm a house and murder you for no reason? 

I can agree with you until there. A knife isn't "easy" to dislodge. Idc who you are if someone has a knife and you're going against them I promise you're gonna get cut at least once. 

FalconsIn2012 likes this

I teach self defense on all levels. If a man has a knife out and your gun is holstered, you run! You get out of there! You are NOT dislodging a knife, you will likely get messed up good. Hopefully you can pull your gun before the attacker advances. 

Ovie_Lover and FalconsIn2012 like this

39 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Fark me really that’s an issue it almost feels like successive governments for decades have let this get too big so they can’t even regulate it or govern it effectively.

Whats the answer just continue to accept what’s happening?

Feels like your powers that be don’t care or they’ve flat out given up on this issue.

One side likes the weapons while the other side generally doesnt.  No sitting President will ever take the guns out of the US population.  He would likely be assassinated for even trying

Knight of God likes this

2 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

One side likes the weapons while the other side generally doesnt.  No sitting President will ever take the guns out of the US population.  He would likely be assassinated for even trying

A coup. 

FalconsIn2012 likes this

1 minute ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Without a doubt but the common good sometimes has to outweigh what the masses want.Its no different from a man or woman making a stand on a unpopular solution.Someones gotta make a stand on it is all if it starts from the top slowly people will accept it.Just standing pat won’t fix anything.

3 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

A coup. 

Explain please.  You think they could get the guns via a highly organized coup?  That would have to be ‘Night of the Long Knives’ organized

Knight of God likes this

5 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

I teach self defense on all levels. If a man has a knife out and your gun is holstered, you run! You get out of there! You are NOT dislodging a knife, you will likely get messed up good. Hopefully you can pull your gun before the attacker advances. 

Ive also had extensive training...Im not going to even try that...I would first quickly check my surroundings to see if  I can use something to swing the advantage or at least equal it...if not...he gone have to catch me...

4 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Without a doubt but the common good sometimes has to outweigh what the masses want.Its no different from a man or woman making a stand on a unpopular solution.Someones gotta make a stand on it is all if it starts from the top slowly people will accept it.Just standing pat won’t fix anything.

The problem is the repercussions of making firearm ownership illegal.  It simply creates a more violent and completely unregulated Black Market

7 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Ive also had extensive training...Im not going to even try that...I would first quickly check my surroundings to see if  I can use something to swing the advantage or at least equal it...if not...he gone have to catch me...

If we are there together, I’m tripping you and hauling assss