caponine

Shooting In Virginia Beach

268 posts in this topic

40 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Now we’re getting somewhere....

But even capitalism done poorly is better than any other economic system.

And it’s not even close. Go talk to the Venezuelan people. Man a once vibrant nation in complete turmoil. Like it went to **** in a hand basket virtually over night historically speaking. 

16 hours ago, Tim Mazetti said:

Arm yourselves to protect your loved ones from the miscreants and Satanists.

I'm a light sleeper and my hearing is extremely good. Anybody coming into my house uninvited will be served a free hot lead sammich.

Tim Mazetti likes this

15 hours ago, Falcons_Pantera_KoRn said:

If you are referring to violence you are very wrong.  Violent crime statistics are tremendously lower than in the 1990's.   I know it's hard to believe with the way the media sensationalizes everything nowadays, but the stats tell us different.

Where I live it's definitely gotten worse. It used to be a laid back small town like area now is a congested rat race. They almost had a school shooting where I live in 2015 but they caught them planning it and stopped them. There is definitely more nuts where I live now then there was 20-30 years ago but there is also a lot more people. 

I think what they mean by violence is for example maybe in the 80's maybe 6 out of every 100 people was violent. Maybe now 4 out of every 100 people is violent. But if the population doubles in that amount of time it may seem like it's worse because there is more people, more rat race etc. 

If I had to guess I would say the cities are safer and the suburbs have more nuts now then 30 years ago. Rural area probably had more nuts 30 years ago.

14 hours ago, Zone#7 said:

Kent state says hello so does the Texas shooting in 90s as well.

I said we need to look in our mirrors, but also look to the television if you want to find the culprit. Also let's just say media in general online or offline.

Plus there are many shootings that probably never made national news back in the day. Excuse me for sounding rude, but people saying things are worse than ever are romanticizing what happened in the past big time.

Social media is new but statistics are not. Even back in the 70s and 80s we collected data on mass shootings.  The data is overwhelming and ignoring the facts makes us complacent. Don't ignore the problem, because it won't magically go away. It's only getting worse. 

2 hours ago, caponine said:

No because I thought we could talk about the people here , not  this other bs,  we focus on the wrong things way too much. Capitalism, guns, all that bs doesnt matter rn. Everytime a tragedy strikes people use it as an excuse to force their political beliefs or tell how terrible another is. This board is no different. It deserves to get locked down. 

Not defending any of that, but as long as you’ve been around, you should have known it would turn into what it did. 

And no TAFT should not be locked down, it’s a sports forum. 

17 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Not defending any of that, but as long as you’ve been around, you should have known it would turn into what it did. 

And no TAFT should not be locked down, it’s a sports forum. 

This thread is what I meant,  and why kinda. Still had hope in this board though 

18 hours ago, Tim Mazetti said:

Arm yourselves to protect your loved ones from the miscreants and Satanists.

Or promote proper mental health, lock your doors, make something of yourself so that you can live in a safe neighborhood and let the trained police handle it? I've lived in many different places and had my cars and houses robbed and never was a gun and ending someone's life necessary. Most people are scared of conflict and a potential fight and just run upon being seen. 

I would never get into this here but since you felt the need to try to influence others into sharing your views I figured someone should do the same for the other side. Eye for an eye right? ;)

kiwifalcon likes this

19 hours ago, Knight of God said:

This pisses me off! Tired of stupid people. 

Why can't these psycho-morons just jump off a bridge or run their car into a brick wall and leave the rest of us alone?

Tim Mazetti and Knight of God like this

2 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

I'm a light sleeper and my hearing is extremely good. Anybody coming into my house uninvited will be served a free hot lead sammich.

Serious question; are you really that scared? I would just confront them man to man...Just walk out and say Yo WTF? What if it's a drunk person who walked into the wrong house or something by mistake? What if it is a criminal but they only have a knife or some other non-automatically lethal weapon that you can easily avoid or dislodge? You have the right to just end their life? 

Maybe those who are afraid are smaller in stature/timid/meek and can't handle themselves? Or is it that you actually truly believe someone is going to walk into your house and shoot you for no reason? The odds of that happening are extremely thin + putting up a fight lowers the odds of actually having your life at risk. I rather a bunch of crazy people don't have easy access to end lives and shoot up schools and take my chances with the scenario I suggested. Maybe I'm just in Canada and it's not normal for people to storm a house and murder you for no reason? 

14 minutes ago, mtldirtybird said:

Serious question; are you really that scared? I would just confront them man to man...Just walk out and say Yo WTF? What if it's a drunk person who walked into the wrong house or something by mistake? What if it is a criminal but they only have a knife or some other non-automatically lethal weapon that you can easily avoid or dislodge? You have the right to just end their life? 

Maybe those who are afraid are smaller in stature/timid/meek and can't handle themselves? Or is it that you actually truly believe someone is going to walk into your house and shoot you for no reason? The odds of that happening are extremely thin + putting up a fight lowers the odds of actually having your life at risk. I rather a bunch of crazy people don't have easy access to end lives and shoot up schools and take my chances with the scenario I suggested. Maybe I'm just in Canada and it's not normal for people to storm a house and murder you for no reason? 

Scared? I have to be scared to be willing to shoot somebody who's broken into my house in the middle of the night? That's a vacuous assumption. 

LOL @ "What if it's a criminal but they 'only have a knife'.  Come on, dude. You'd be fine with some criminal coming into your house at night while you're asleep to steal from you or attack you, so long as they "only" brought a knife with them? 

I'm supposed to try to get up out of bed in the dark and see if I can figure out who's in my house and how seriously they're armed before I react? Are you that stupid? Cause I'm not.

If you're so big and brave and tough and sympathetic, why don't you just put "Open House"  "Free Stuff" "Take anything you want" signs on your front lawn so they come to your house and don't get shot by people like me. That would solve everything.

Tim Mazetti, RING OF HONOR and Beef like this

31 minutes ago, mtldirtybird said:

Or promote proper mental health, lock your doors, make something of yourself so that you can live in a safe neighborhood and let the trained police handle it? I've lived in many different places and had my cars and houses robbed and never was a gun and ending someone's life necessary. Most people are scared of conflict and a potential fight and just run upon being seen. 

I would never get into this here but since you felt the need to try to influence others into sharing your views I figured someone should do the same for the other side. Eye for an eye right? ;)

I like this I was bought up in a small town grew up where robbing and stealing people’s stuff was part of that neighbourhood.Gang HQ round the corner.Our family home is still there.We as a family and others around us made a statement to whoever came onto ours that the above mentioned wouldn’t be tolerated.No weapons needed.You look out for me we’ll do the same for you.

Now in the early days back in the late 70s early 80s when I was a pup there were issues but my parents and the others mentioned stood up to those who chose to do the robbing the stealing and basically stood over them and I saw it with my own eyes anything untoward there’s a price to pay.

We and the others mentioned not only have made life long friends but we have a safe pocket in this given neighbourhood no dramas we can walk around at night regardless safely because of what was established all those years ago.

3 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

Soooo, you don't need a barking Yokie?

Number four buckshot In my pump for when he barks, as I am a heavy sleeper.

Er, the buckshot is not for the barking Yorkie.

Edited by Tim Mazetti
Beef and PokerSteve like this

2 minutes ago, Tim Mazetti said:

Soooo, you don't need a barking Yokie?

Number four buckshot In my pump for when he barks, as I am a heavy sleeper.

Er, the buckshot is not for the barking Yorkie.

We outchea.

PokerSteve and Tim Mazetti like this

Another mass shooting with legally obtained firearms by an old, Christian, ex-military dude powered by toxic masculinity & the Falcons message board blames *checks notes* Satanists, young people, social media & not enough legal guns.

Never change, guys.

19 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

the world is a lot crazier now than it was in the 90's when I was growing up. I am personally glad I don't have any kids because I think our society will continue to get worse. But at least the Falcons have a bright future.

I, an old codger, who grew-up in the fifty's-sixties am saddened, indeed, to witness an horrific change in the behavior of people.

It seems Western Civilization is collapsing before our eyes.

PokerSteve and Falcons Fan MVP like this

1 hour ago, mtldirtybird said:

gtfo-take-fail.jpg

Tim Mazetti likes this

18 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Why don’t the powers that be act and legislate gun ownership correctly.

We just had a mass shooting here in NZ a few months back and we have already got legislation that now is law banning the ownership of semi automatic weapons.They also have a govt funded a buy back program for people handing in these types of weapons.

This is after one incident that’s all it took before our govt said enough enough.

This seems a very common occurrence in the US but the govt stands back and allows this sought of thing to happen.

I don’t get it.

This country (The united States.) is one in which government was founded to guarantee individual liberty bequeathed by God.

We don't get our rights from government.

Yes, things have gone south a bit. The US Constitution guarantees the right of the individual states to succeed from the union, but the War of Northern Aggression (Some mistakenly call it our Civil War, but a Civil war by definition infeers sides battling each other for control of government.) proved that the Constitution can and is being attacked from within.

PokerSteve likes this

4 minutes ago, Tim Mazetti said:

This country (The united States.) is one in which government was founded to guarantee individual liberty bequeathed by God.

We don't get our rights from government.

Yes, things have gone south a bit. The US Constitution guarantees the right of the individual states to succeed from the union, but the War of Northern Aggression (Some mistakenly call it our Civil War, but a Civil war by definition infeers sides battling each other for control of government.) proved that the Constitution can and is being attacked from within.

When times change society must move with that change.

Not the first time in recent Virginia history that a disgruntled employee has come back to the office for retribution. A couple years ago a reporter was shot and killed live on Facebook live. That shook me. 

Edited by VTCrunkler