caponine

Shooting In Virginia Beach

268 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

True words

You’re one of my guys man. We don’t always agree but we understand each other. I’m glad you’re in my life even in cyber world and you know I’m good. I don’t front. (Love the old school stuff) I have a loving beautiful wife and beautiful teenage daughters that still actually want to be seen with me. We deal with ish but you know. That’s just life. Point being even though I’m good, I’m glad that you and this time together is in my life. You know, some things need to be said. I’ve got hard core old navy friends to this day but I consider you a brother. That’s that. 

VTCrunkler and RING OF HONOR like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NWFALCON said:

There is something going on in our society whether it’s because of social media, bullying, or lack of parenting but kids and adults are looking at this as an answer to their issues of revenge, depression, low self confidence, or anger. 

I have responded to a lot of welfare checks of people on the edge of doing something like this and have investigated claims and threats of shootings. I think the sooner the initial signs are seen the sooner the person can get help whether It be counseling or commital. Pretty sad. 

Vaccines, GMOs, high fructose corn syrup. fluoride, et.al. They're trying to kill us. Oh, and Monsanto AKA FDA loves the  glyphosate in most foods.

Faithful Falcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, NWFALCON said:

Amen to that but please have a gun safe that is bolted down. So many crimes are committed with guns stolen from burglaries 

Opened and all necessary are strategically located when I get home.

Good advice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

You’re one of my guys man. We don’t always agree but we understand each other. I’m glad you’re in my life even in cyber world and you know I’m good. I don’t front. (Love the old school stuff) I have a loving beautiful wife and beautiful teenage daughters that still actually want to be seen with me. We deal with ish but you know. That’s just life. Point being even though I’m good, I’m glad that you and this time together is in my life. You know, some things need to be said. I’ve got hard core old navy friends to this day but I consider you a brother. That’s that. 

Appreciate the words man...you know you my guy....

I was raised that way...Im old school to the core and I recognize who has it and who dont...and you definitely got it..

I'm constantly in teach mode with my kids...and I know you are too...

Its a lost art in parenting..

 

Black Francis and ShadyRef like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RING OF HONOR said:

Appreciate the words man...you know you my guy....

I was raised that way...Im old school to the core and I recognize who has it and who dont...and you definitely got it..

I'm constantly in teach mode with my kids...and I know you are too...

Its a lost art in parenting..

 

The Braves are killing me lately. Yeah I’m full on with my daughters. Like you. Teach them how to act right. Be about their business. Represent the family proper. Talk to them. Have conversations. They’ll make mistakes. Fail and be failed by humanity but own your words and your decisions. It does matter. Family matters man. 

ShadyRef and Tim Mazetti like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

The world is not getting worse this is just how things always are. What's different is you're exposed to more than your local area or the major cities.


When you have social media this is what you're going to get.

Edit: When you have technology that can connect you to everything this is the result of that. How soon we forget massacres of the 1900's, and I wouldn't pin the entire blame on a generation.

 

Want to start looking for culprits look in the mirror first then look within your Television.

 

 

Edited by Zone#7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Zone#7 said:

The world is not getting worse this is just how things always are. What's different is you're exposed to more than your local area or the major cities.


When you have social media this is what you're going to get.

Edit: When you have technology that can connect you to everything this is the result of that. How soon we forget massacres of the 1900's, and I wouldn't pin the entire blame on a generation.

 

Want to start looking for culprits look in the mirror first then look within your Television.

 

 

It's worse because there is a lot more people. People tend to get more cranky and stressed out in high population and fast paced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

the world is a lot crazier now than it was in the 90's when I was growing up. I am personally glad I don't have any kids because I think our society will continue to get worse. But at least the Falcons have a bright future.

Nope...

 

ShadyRef likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

United States: 4.2 billion prescription drugs filled per year.  390+ million firearms.

What could possibly go wrong...

Edited by Falcons_Pantera_KoRn
Tim Mazetti likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why don’t the powers that be act and legislate gun ownership correctly.

We just had a mass shooting here in NZ a few months back and we have already got legislation that now is law banning the ownership of semi automatic weapons.They also have a govt funded a buy back program for people handing in these types of weapons.

This is after one incident that’s all it took before our govt said enough enough.

This seems a very common occurrence in the US but the govt stands back and allows this sought of thing to happen.

I don’t get it.

FalconAge and The Don™ like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

the world is a lot crazier now than it was in the 90's when I was growing up. I am personally glad I don't have any kids because I think our society will continue to get worse. But at least the Falcons have a bright future.

If you are referring to violence you are very wrong.  Violent crime statistics are tremendously lower than in the 1990's.   I know it's hard to believe with the way the media sensationalizes everything nowadays, but the stats tell us different.

Tim Mazetti and ShadyRef like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kiwifalcon said:

Why don’t the powers that be act and legislate gun ownership correctly.

We just had a mass shooting here in NZ a few months back and we have already got legislation that now is law banning the ownership of semi automatic weapons.They also have a govt funded a buy back program for people handing in these types of weapons.

This is after one incident that’s all it took before our govt said enough enough.

This seems a very common occurrence in the US but the govt stands back and allows this sought of thing to happen.

I don’t get it.

You are giving the U.S. citizens too much credit.  We would never do something so logical here...

FalconAge likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just senseless and cowardly for this guy to do this.  My prayers to the family and friends.  "The police chief says the gunman used .45-caliber handgun with a suppressor."  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Just senseless and cowardly for this guy to do this.  My prayers to the family and friends.  "The police chief says the gunman used .45-caliber handgun with a suppressor."  

Can’t be any worse than the guy that walked into the mosque in Christchurch NZ with a semi automatic and opened fire while live streaming it on Facebook.

Ended up killing 50 as he drove to another place down the road and killed 9 more.

blkbigdog35 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Can’t be any worse than the guy that walked into the mosque in Christchurch NZ with a semi automatic and opened fire while live streaming it on Facebook.

Ended up killing 50 as he drove to another place down the road and killed 9 more.

I agree man these are just so senseless!!

kiwifalcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Falcons_Pantera_KoRn said:

If you are referring to violence you are very wrong.  Violent crime statistics are tremendously lower than in the 1990's.   I know it's hard to believe with the way the media sensationalizes everything nowadays, but the stats tell us different.

That keyword that most seem to miss sensationalize if all ******** from 70's to 2000 became exposed I doubt a lot of people would be able to function.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Falcons_Pantera_KoRn said:

You are giving the U.S. citizens too much credit.  We would never do something so logical here...

First, New Zealand is a unicameral parliament, and the Kiwis do not have a constitutional right of gun ownership that exists in the United States. Not to be argumentative, but regardless of your position on gun control, the process is apples and oranges.

Second, before you so pithily question the logic of citizens of the United States, remember the context under which our country was founded.  We are literally a melting pot of people whose ancestors fled true government tyranny, and thus created a constitution protecting the right to fight back in the event our government ever decided to attempt the same ******** persecution that our previous generations endured and finally escaped.

Please just keep this one thing in mind.  Freedom is not safeSometimes freedom is downright horrific.  But the more safety you gain, the more freedom you sacrifice.  There is a balance, of course.  But beware.  You rarely gain back freedom you give up...without bloody revolution.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, caponine said:

Whatever happened to talking out your problems ?? This generation is so easily consumed by hatred. 

To be honest my brother, it's being taught in school. Mislead History teaches children that one may be better than the other. It also justifies every war, and calls a person with an opinion about it unpatriotic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, AndrewsFrancisBart said:

First, New Zealand is a unicameral parliament, and the Kiwis do not have a constitutional right of gun ownership that exists in the United States. Not to be argumentative, but regardless of your position on gun control, the process is apples and oranges.

Second, before you so pithily question the logic of citizens of the United States, remember the context under which our country was founded.  We are literally a melting pot of people whose ancestors fled true government tyranny, and thus created a constitution protecting the right to fight back in the event our government ever decided to attempt the same ******** persecution that our previous generations endured and finally escaped.

Please just keep this one thing in mind.  Freedom is not safeSometimes freedom is downright horrific.  But the more safety you gain, the more freedom you sacrifice.  There is a balance, of course.  But beware.  You rarely gain back freedom you give up...without bloody revolution.

 

The second amendment is the only place in the constitution that uses the word 'regulate'.  It also says 'as part of a well regulated militia'.  Just because a right-wing Supreme Court relatively recently decided to disregard those words and interpret them to mean any lunatic is free to buy almost any weapon he/she chooses does not mean that we are following the intentions of our founders.

If you think that you or any other normal citizen is going to overthrow the government if they get too tyrannical is laughable.  You do know that the government has B2 Bombers and cruise missiles, right?  Your AK47 or shotgun won't do much damage, I assure you.

.The word amendment itself, by definition, means that it can be changed.

 

 

 

The Don™ and FalconAge like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zone#7 said:

The world is not getting worse this is just how things always are. What's different is you're exposed to more than your local area or the major cities.


When you have social media this is what you're going to get.

Edit: When you have technology that can connect you to everything this is the result of that. How soon we forget massacres of the 1900's, and I wouldn't pin the entire blame on a generation.

 

Want to start looking for culprits look in the mirror first then look within your Television.

 

 

Wrong. Mass shootings and school shootings have never been this frequent or severe. The US was never like this before and we shouldn't dismiss it. It's easy to blame the media. It's harder to blame ourselves for failing the next generation, and think of how we can actually fix the problems. 

The Don™ and Falcons Fan MVP like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Falcons_Pantera_KoRn said:

The second amendment is the only place in the constitution that uses the word 'regulate'.  It also says 'as part of a well regulated militia'.  Just because a right-wing Supreme Court relatively recently decided to disregard those words and interpret them to mean any lunatic is free to buy almost any weapon he/she chooses does not mean that we are following the intentions of our founders.

If you think that you or any other normal citizen is going to overthrow the government if they get too tyrannical is laughable.  You do know that the government has B2 Bombers and cruise missiles, right?  Your AK47 or shotgun won't do much damage, I assure you.

.The word amendment itself, by definition, means that it can be changed.

 

 

 

Oh, I'm not arguing that there isn't plenty of room for different interpretations and heated disagreements about the intentions of the founders.  I'm also not arguing that an AK-47 is any match for a smart bomb.  But don't pretend that a HEAVILY conventionally-armed populace does not change the calculus when it comes to potential government tyranny.

Bombing your own people with true weapons of modern warfare will generally draw more domestic and international attention than the relative quiet of neighborhood to neighborhood suppression.

I don't think we're necessarily disagreeing here - and I'm admittedly playing Devil's advocate a bit.  I even said in my last post there is a balance to be struck between 2nd Amendment protections and common sense precaution.  I just get real antsy over the championing of knee-jerk legislation, and the suggestion that we act more like countries who in no way resemble our historical, political, or social composition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

the world is a lot crazier now than it was in the 90's when I was growing up. I am personally glad I don't have any kids because I think our society will continue to get worse. But at least the Falcons have a bright future.

It’s not crazier.  Just more exposed now.  If the media would stop giving each of these incidents such overwhelming  coverage it wouldn’t be as effective for the ******** looking for SBC.

Falcons Fan MVP likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AndrewsFrancisBart said:

Oh, I'm not arguing that there isn't plenty of room for different interpretations and heated disagreements about the intentions of the founders.  I'm also not arguing that an AK-47 is any match for a smart bomb.  But don't pretend that a HEAVILY conventionally-armed populace does not change the calculus when it comes to potential government tyranny.

Bombing your own people with true weapons of modern warfare will generally draw more domestic and international attention than the relative quiet of neighborhood to neighborhood suppression.

I don't think we're necessarily disagreeing here - and I'm admittedly playing Devil's advocate a bit.  I even said in my last post there is a balance to be struck between 2nd Amendment protections and common sense precaution.  I just get real antsy over the championing of knee-jerk legislation, and the suggestion that we act more like countries who in no way resemble our historical, political, or social composition.

We have almost 400 million guns in this country.  That is extreme.  We need to take drastic measures considering the point that we are at.  I don't  know if you saw my last post regarding this, but I mentioned how the U.S. has some 4 billion prescriptions filled per year.  We are a nation with many ills: drug use, high levels of poverty, racism, etc.  Mixing 400 million firearms with those problems is a recipe for disaster.

The Don™ likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do the people ie gun lobbies have that much power and influence over your voted politicians.

When does common sense come into this equation.

Any normal sane person can see you’ve got gun issues in the US.I’m just shocked that everyone seemingly just shrugs there shoulders and says oh well this is acceptable and this is the people that are running your country.

This is from an outsider looking in though I just really don’t understand the thought process you guys live by with regards to this.

FalconAge likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now