Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mtldirtybird

Austin Hooper talks Shanny offense

6 posts in this topic

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001032433/article/49ers-rb-coleman-kyle-shanahan-more-creative-now

At the bottom of the article, there is an interview with our very own Austin "Hooooop"er.  Talks about Shanahan's greatness during his rookie year and ability to predict plays and pick on the defense. 

That's great and all...but what I take from this is how bad Sarkisian must have been...man, that was disheartening when he was calling the game.

FalconsIn2012 likes this

34 minutes ago, ramonezy said:

Though I'm not exactly sad that Sark is gone, just because he compliments Shanny doesn't mean he's dissing Sark. 

Well that’s kinda the point. Compliments aren’t meant to be a diss

mtldirtybird likes this

Kyle was brilliant at scheming, attacking defenses weaknesses. Kyle put his offensive chess pieces in a position to beat the defense all the time. He was just about at same level as Belichick.. 

Now, it is important to note, DQ is similar on defense. DQ puts together some incredible game plans and utilizes his players to their strengths. His 2016 defensive gameplan against the Patriots was brilliant using the robber and punishing  the diminutive receivers when they ran those short routes. The man coverage and stunts also really messed them up that resulted in several QB hits and pressures, many up the middle, with Grady getting 3 sacks.

He gets the most out of them. This is why I’m not nearly as panicked about our defense this year as so many seem to be. We almost won the Super Bowl with the 27th ranked defense in 2016, and I’m pretty sure we will be in the top 10 this year indefenss. 

FalconsIn2012 and mtldirtybird like this