Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Champford

Hawks could be moving up to #3

102 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, jayu70 said:

Hopefully in a few years one of our current guys our 2019 draft picks is THE TOP 5 player, so adding guys like Montrezl Harrell would be ideal.:D

Don’t think I would sign a high priced FA like that UNLESS and UNTIL one of our guys already on team is a Top 5 player.

On 6/1/2019 at 7:00 PM, slickgadawg said:

I can't remember a free agent from ANOTHER TEAM signing a max contract with the Hawks the whole time they have been in Atlanta.  Have they even OFFERED one? :lol:

This is like holding Arthur Blank responsible for 35 yrs of the incompetence of the Smith/(Clampetts) family.

jayu70 and blkbigdog35 like this

Posted (edited)

On 6/2/2019 at 9:21 AM, slickgadawg said:

The point is the Hawks could not do it without THEMSELVES arguing about it.  Thats why Bud had to move on from Travis.  There was disagreement between the two.  The Hawks are doing things right under Travis.   

As far as offering a max deal or even a a big contract in general, I just don't see them doing that.  Heck, they could prove me wrong but you are not hearing the Hawks being connected to anyone.  In fact as Michael Cunningham pointed out in the AJC, Travis might trade BACK if anything.  Moving up for Culver will depend on lot of factors at the draft...

The Lakers are the new Atlanta Spirit...:lol: Thats who Travis needs to target and fleece...

More rumors:

But if the Warriors don’t immediately offer Thompson a max contract of five years and about $190 million, I’m told he will listen to free-agent pitches from other teams. And if that happens, the Hawks are confident they’d get a chance to persuade Thompson to sign with them. 

Edited by jayu70
Spts1 likes this

1 hour ago, jayu70 said:

More rumors:

But if the Warriors don’t immediately offer Thompson a max contract of five years and about $190 million, I’m told he will listen to free-agent pitches from other teams. And if that happens, the Hawks are confident they’d get a chance to persuade Thompson to sign with them. 

Klay isn't going anywhere.  I do believe though that out of the group of Durant, Leonard, Davis, etc. that he would be the most likely to sign in Atlanta.   

3 hours ago, jayu70 said:

More rumors:

I thought klay wasn’t eligible for a max contract cause he didn’t make the all nba team . I could be wrong though 

I seriously doubt GS let’s Klay test FA and I’m not so sure he wants to leave there! He’s extremely important to their success!

7 hours ago, Champford said:

I thought klay wasn’t eligible for a max contract cause he didn’t make the all nba team . I could be wrong though 

Regular Max, not Super Max

Champford likes this

On 5/31/2019 at 0:39 PM, Beef said:

I mean I guess it could be Culver too since they're virtually the same player, but that almost makes it even worse.

We're giving up 2 top-10 picks for essentially RJ Barrett 2.0, but nearly 2 years older?

I know Steve Koonin isn't the GM, obviously, but he's done several stints with Dukes and Bell, and he basically admitted that they were dreaming of getting Zion on our team, but other than him, they were not overly enamored with anyone else, and they are VERY happy they have 2 top-10 picks.  Over and over, he repeated "We think we can get 2 quality guys who can contribute to this team with these 2 picks."

Koonin doesn't ever mince words, either.   The several ways he's discussed this with Dukes and Bell, he's pretty much confirmed we're picking 2 guys.

He doesn't mince words but he does over hype things, sometimes embarrassingly so. He said the Dwight Howard signing would be an "iconic and NBA landscape altering" signing. Oops.

1 hour ago, UGABOZ said:

RJ on first take love the kid come on hawks make it happen

To give up #8 and #10, RJ would need to be a star - he could be a star - but I think chances are he will just be a "good to very good" player.  If we gave up 8/10, for #3 and RJ - I would want to be able to dump some bad contracts on the Knicks as well - which they probably won't take.

15 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Prince has just been traded to the Nets.

Crabbe, #17, and a protected 2020 1st coming to Atlanta. 

On 10/24/2018 at 7:29 PM, WOR said:

Oh **** you prince. He doesn't even try. 

Prince sucks bandwagon from day one lol

3 minutes ago, WOR said:

Prince sucks bandwagon from day one lol

I always liked him lol. I still think he’ll figure it out and be a good player for someone.

1 minute ago, Drew4719 said:

I always liked him lol. I still think he’ll figure it out and be a good player for someone.

In theory he should be a much better shooting version of demarre carrol. 

But the defensive rating difference between when he's on the floor vs. Off is.... Wooooo boy. 

Prince has all the tools in the world to be good defensively. He just doesn't try/care. 

Drew4719 likes this

8,17, and like a package of seconds for 25ish would be the absolute best way to take advantage of this drafts talent. 

I didn’t see this trade coming, but I didn’t care for Prince. So, this deal works great for me as a fan.