Jump to content

Tevin Coleman: Jimmy Garoppolo is calmer in the huddle than Matt Ryan


Recommended Posts

**** Tevin sure did switch fast. Maybe a difference of philosophy with Matt and Jimmy.

https://thefalconswire.usatoday.com/2019/05/30/falcons-49ers-tevin-coleman-jimmy-garoppolo-matt-ryan/

 

By: Tim Weaver | May 30, 2019 8:00 am

 

The Falcons said all along that they wanted to keep both Devonta Freeman and Tevin Coleman around for the long run. Realistically, that was never going to happen. Atlanta could not afford to keep both and it would have been an egregious misuse of cap resources to pay two running backs significant contracts at once anyway.

And so, Coleman wound up walking in free agency and signing with Kyle Shanahan’s 49ers. He’s one of three former offensive players who have joined them, the others being Ben Garland and Levine Toilolo. Coleman seems to be enjoying a more relaxed west coast vibe with his new team.

 

He says that quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo is calmer in the huddle than Matt Ryan, who would “definitely get on you,” per Eric Branch at the San Francisco Chronicle.

 

It sounds like Coleman is just talking about a difference in personality rather than their grace under pressure.

Ryan used to have a reputation for being a relatively “soft” quarterback. It was always unfounded and his success over the last few seasons has helped diminish that perception.

 

The truth is Ryan is a dogged competitor and has never been shy about holding his teammates accountable. His infamous Monday Night Football mic slip was a rare public glimpse into the fiery nature that has helped make Ryan one of the league’s elite quarterbacks.

Garoppolo may be a cooler customer in the huddle, but it doesn’t make him any better or worse of a leader than Ryan.

Last season, Garoppolo missed all but three games due to a torn ACL suffered in September. Without him on the field, the Niners offense struggled. Nick Mullens made an admirable effort in his place, but the team finished No. 21 in scoring.

The Falcons will be visiting the 49ers Week 15 this year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, FalconBlood23 said:

**** Tevin sure did switch fast. Maybe a difference of philosophy with Matt and Jimmy.

https://thefalconswire.usatoday.com/2019/05/30/falcons-49ers-tevin-coleman-jimmy-garoppolo-matt-ryan/

 

By: Tim Weaver | May 30, 2019 8:00 am

 

The Falcons said all along that they wanted to keep both Devonta Freeman and Tevin Coleman around for the long run. Realistically, that was never going to happen. Atlanta could not afford to keep both and it would have been an egregious misuse of cap resources to pay two running backs significant contracts at once anyway.

And so, Coleman wound up walking in free agency and signing with Kyle Shanahan’s 49ers. He’s one of three former offensive players who have joined them, the others being Ben Garland and Levine Toilolo. Coleman seems to be enjoying a more relaxed west coast vibe with his new team.

 

He says that quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo is calmer in the huddle than Matt Ryan, who would “definitely get on you,” per Eric Branch at the San Francisco Chronicle.

 

It sounds like Coleman is just talking about a difference in personality rather than their grace under pressure.

Ryan used to have a reputation for being a relatively “soft” quarterback. It was always unfounded and his success over the last few seasons has helped diminish that perception.

 

The truth is Ryan is a dogged competitor and has never been shy about holding his teammates accountable. His infamous Monday Night Football mic slip was a rare public glimpse into the fiery nature that has helped make Ryan one of the league’s elite quarterbacks.

Garoppolo may be a cooler customer in the huddle, but it doesn’t make him any better or worse of a leader than Ryan.

Last season, Garoppolo missed all but three games due to a torn ACL suffered in September. Without him on the field, the Niners offense struggled. Nick Mullens made an admirable effort in his place, but the team finished No. 21 in scoring.

The Falcons will be visiting the 49ers Week 15 this year.

Get ******* set...sanu to julio:does he really be talking to us like that?? Yup.

Edited by RoddyWhite84
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, atljbo said:

It's how they word it... He didn't say anything bad... He is saying Matt will chew yo *** out.... Nothing wrong with that.

 

 

If I remember correctly he chewed out Ridley during the Redskins game last season, because Ridley changed the route he was assigned to run which led to an INT.

As far as the Jimmy G comment, it's not that serious. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jpg428gggg said:

I take this as a compliment. Tom Brady is another great QB who will chew his teammates out if they make mistakes. Peyton was the same way. The best expect perfection out of themselves as well as their teammates.

Exactly. Chewing tail when the situation calls for it is an integral part of being a leader.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

Exactly. Chewing tail when the situation calls for it is an integral part of being a leader.

The next step Ryan needs to take is follow Brady and also chew his coaches *** when they are being SB stupid.

I actually think he started to chew out Sark.  By the end, I’m convinced Sark was avoiding him on the sideline.

 I bet the Iceman is the one that called Sark into his office to pink slip him...lol.  jk....kind of :ninja:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Falconsin2012 said:

The next step Ryan needs to take is follow Brady and also chew his coaches *** when they are being SB stupid.

I actually think he started to chew out Sark.  By the end, I’m convinced Sark was avoiding him on the sideline.  I bet the Iceman is the one that called Sark into his office to pink slip him...lol.  jk....kind of :ninja:

lmbo. I can picture the scene. An assistant walks up to Sark and says, "Matt wants to see you. And bring your playbook."  :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Jpg428gggg said:

I take this as a compliment. Tom Brady is another great QB who will chew his teammates out if they make mistakes. Peyton was the same way. The best expect perfection out of themselves as well as their teammates.

I saw highlights of Peyton Manning chewing out Jeff Saturday one time. Lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...