Let's take a look at our DL, shall we?

On 5/30/2019 at 10:11 AM, vafalconfan said:

I was hoping we would pick a real run stopper in the draft which we did not, but the real positive in all of this is Dan Quinn taking over as DC. What was missing last year even before the injuries was fire and urgency. Those things will return this year I believe. DQ is going to simplify things and we're going to see a unit firing off the ball and playing with attitude.

Duke said Senat is flashing big in OTAs and turning heads. Him and Davison are our run stuffers and collectively make a strong rotation 

Magnifying glass is on the coaches.

Been beating this drum all off season.

We can make excuses to and why we didn’t go defense early in the draft all we like but DQ got what he wanted full time defensive coach.

Its feeling very 2016ish offense looking after the defense to me,play with leads and let DQ dial up pressure.

9 minutes ago, gazoo said:

Duke said Senat is flashing big in OTAs and turning heads. Him and Davison are our run stuffers and collectively make a strong rotation 

Senats the dark horse if we can get some pass rush out of him ala Jack Crawford this takes a lot of pressure off of our edge guys of which are the biggest question marks on the pass rushing front.

3 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

DE Cominsky ,  DE Larkin, DE Miles, And two great O# lineman ,,  yes,, the OL man will help keep the O# on the field longer and the D# off the field more.. That helps our DL more than anything else.. A great O# is your best D#,, A Quote I say all the time on these boards.. Can't stress it enough... Truth !  And I didn't even mention all the DBs that will also play a big part of our DL being better.. If the opposing QB can't get a WR open because of our shut down DBs.. Then the DEs have more time to get to the QB. Sacks man sacks..It's not just one player,, it's a team effort for all players,, Not just Vic. When you see him play a lot better this year with the talent added this off season ,, then you'll know what I'm talking about. 

We were pitiful last year.. But I give that credit to us having totally the Wrong OC,, That busted our team from the get go... Even with all the great moves we've had this off season. If we had not changed and gotten the right OC,, We would still end up this year at the bottom of the division.. But , thank goodness Blank saw the problem and turned this thing around...  We are headed in the right direction.. I've never seen this team be like ,,, NO hope for next year to... like ... Playoff bound with the hammer down... !!  I feel really good about this team now that we have the right Coaches. Blank , TD,, Quinn are all tops... But your only as srong as your weakest link,, And that was our HC last year, But now we have that fixed also..  We Will Rock the league in 2019!!

LOL at you blaming the OC of all people and everybody else (except VB) for Vic Beasley sucking last year. 

You’re a piece of work.

24 minutes ago, Vandy said:

LOL at you blaming the OC of all people and everybody else (except VB) for Vic Beasley sucking last year. 

You’re a piece of work.

What's crazy is he was no worse than many other players.. And yes.  Most of our problems came form our OC... and it caused the D# to have to be on the field much longer in each game. That never works out in the NFL... And no, I don't understand why you have to blame Vic for the bad year we had.. That trophy should be given to Sark.

7 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

What's crazy is he was no worse than many other players.. And yes.  Most of our problems came form our OC... and it caused the D# to have to be on the field much longer in each game. That never works out in the NFL... And no, I don't understand why you have to blame Vic for the bad year we had.. That trophy should be given to Sark.

Offense was 6th in NFL last season, defense was 28th. yeah, it’s the OC’s fault.

Crazy is out in full force on Saturday night.

11 hours ago, Vandy said:

Offense was 6th in NFL last season, defense was 28th. yeah, it’s the OC’s fault.

Crazy is out in full force on Saturday night.

Man are you wrong.. I don't know where you are getting you rankings ,, But if you'll go to NFL.com,, you will see that our O# was ranked 28 last season ,, So you must have looked at it wrong.. our D# ranked better than our O#,,But not much better...  NFL.com has it right..  

And you call me crazy..???? :ninja:  Our O# ranked 6th last year... ? I knew you were joking or just flat out pulling numbers from your head... :o  :lol:

59 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

Man are you wrong.. I don't know where you are getting you rankings ,, But if you'll go to NFL.com,, you will see that our O# was ranked 28 last season ,, So you must have looked at it wrong.. our D# ranked better than our O#,,But not much better...  NFL.com has it right..  

And you call me crazy..???? :ninja:  Our O# ranked 6th last year... ? I knew you were joking or just flat out pulling numbers from your head... :o  :lol:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&offensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&defensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&conference=ALL&role=TM&season=2018&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=TOTAL_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-n=1

SMH, You really are clueless...i can only imagine just how dumb you must be feeling....

Beasley and Takk are both major investments so one or both needs to play at a Pro Bowl level this year.  I mean these are high first round guys.  We only have so many resources so we need to get our money's worth there.  

Vic looks like he's gone to me tho, unless something unexpected happens.  He's in a make or break year and he's kind of rubbing the organization wrong ever since getting the 5th year.

18 hours ago, gazoo said:

Any analysis of the DL that glosses over our biggest, strongest, tallest, heaviest, most explosive hulk DL who is 5 years younger than Alex Mack is incomplete

SOgTSDVk?format=jpg&name=900x900

492859666.jpg.0.jpg
He makes DQ look like a representative of the Lollypop Guild

Man I hope this guy has it all together this time around . I remember after our 2016 run I was worried about us not locking him up long term . He was Uber productive & he was coming on . When he’s on & focused he’s a legit stud . 

Edited by GeorgiaBoyz

9 minutes ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

Man I hope this guy has it all together this time around . I remember after our 2016 run I was worried about us not locking him up long term . He was Uber productive & he coming on . When he’s on & focused he’s a legit stud . 

That’s it, when he’s focused he is a killing machine. He blows up OLs consistently. From mid 2016 the lifts started turning on for him and he was dominant all the way through Super Bowl.

More importantly, DQ said during 2017 training camp it was Hagemans best camp.

1 minute ago, gazoo said:

That’s it, when he’s focused he is a killing machine. He blows up OLs consistently. From mid 2016 the lifts started turning on for him and he was dominant all the way through Super Bowl.

More importantly, DQ said during 2017 training camp it was Hagemans best camp.

Physically Hageman never been an issue but upstairs the mental part he’s proven to be found wanting.To me it explains his up n down nature of his career.Mental maturity comes late for some and some just never get it.Its why you’ll find guys who were super at younger age and never pan out when you think maybe they should.

My hope is that the penny has finally dropped things off the field have soughted themselves out so he can just concentrate on football.Physical has always been there if he can marry the 2 together Hageman could well be an absolute steal for us this year.

4 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Physically Hageman never been an issue but upstairs the mental part he’s proven to be found wanting.To me it explains his up n down nature of his career.Mental maturity comes late for some and some just never get it.Its why you’ll find guys who were super at younger age and never pan out when you think maybe they should.

My hope is that the penny has finally dropped things off the field have soughted themselves out so he can just concentrate on football.Physical has always been there if he can marry the 2 together Hageman could well be an absolute steal for us this year.

I hope so too but it's pretty unlikely.  Some people just don't have the mindset that it takes, despite all the physical talent in the world.  Hageman's entire career, including college, has only been average because he just isn't able to man up, put in the work, and play with confidence.

On 6/1/2019 at 6:38 PM, kiwifalcon said:

Senats the dark horse if we can get some pass rush out of him ala Jack Crawford this takes a lot of pressure off of our edge guys of which are the biggest question marks on the pass rushing front.

If Senat is just a solid run stopper, then he frees up the pass rushers to play fewer downs, but be more effective.