Falconsfan567

Nationals at Braves

273 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, jidady said:

It happens, so I'm not going to worry about it yet. But I also remember that this was the time last year when the wheels came off for Newcomb. Teams adapt in May and June once scouting reports are out for young guys. Our kids will need to adapt, too.

No it wasn't. The wheels didn't come off for Newcomb until August.

Good news! That was the worst inning we have had in a while and we are only down 2! 

Better news! We are going up against one of the worst bullpens in the league this seas- ever.

2 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Wheels come off Newk right after his near no hitter around June.

1 minute ago, Malachore said:

The near no-hitter was in July after the ASG. July 29th.

Malachore likes this

3 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Like I said, I mean the time when teams have seen a guy enough to develop scouting reports.

Just now, jidady said:

Like I said, I mean the time when teams have seen a guy enough to develop scouting reports.

Absolutely. Your point is valid. Nationals had a good game plan tonight to attack the first pitch and neither Max nor McCann were prepared for it. Didn't help that he didn't have his command tonight.

3 minutes ago, Malachore said:

It was in July at the end of the month. He had a 6.75 in August after that. He sort of got going in September with a 4.20 ERA. He struggled after throwing all those pitches for sure.

Malachore likes this

Cant win them all. Still a great chance to come back with their pen but so far it's just not the Braves night.

I'm not ready to call it yet. We've already done 3+ in the 9th a couple of times this year.

Some talking about how all that money ain't helping Phillies but we are 3 games back after tonight. Team is on pace for 90 wins, that ain't even getting a Wildcard.

Help will come though. :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Malachore said:

Some talking about how all that money ain't helping Phillies but we are 3 games back after tonight. Team is on pace for 90 wins, that ain't even getting a Wildcard.

Help will come though. :rolleyes:

Actually the Braves are on pace to play the WC against Milwaukee. Its 1 game. Team just won 5 series in a row. That's something they didn't even do last season. 

TheTrue7 likes this

1 minute ago, Unkn0wn said:

Actually the Braves are on pace to play the WC against Milwaukee. Its 1 game. Team just won 5 series in a row. That's something they didn't even do last season. 

Point is if Philly is underachieving then what we doing? Maybe it's all the games we let slip away.

Just now, Black Francis said:

Strasburg has been legit tonight. Need to get to the bullpen. 

The way that he is pitching so far, we aren't going to see their bullpen tonight.