Falconsfan567

Nationals at Braves

273 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

down by two touchdowns...:(

Not anymore, only a touchdown and a field goal.

Grand Slam Riley! Wow!

53 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

I’d say Gausman killed us tonight

He was not great but he had a couple ground balls that just were hit in the right spot....had we not had the stupid shift going then that may have saved a run or 2 in the first.

The nats also had a great game plan of going after the first pitch alot.

24 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

He was not great but he had a couple ground balls that just were hit in the right spot....had we not had the stupid shift going then that may have saved a run or 2 in the first.

Trust me man.. I’m normally the one finding the silver lining.. so much so, that it annoys some.. but there was no silver lining for Gausman tonight.. when he can’t locate his fastball, he’s in trouble.. tonight was one of those nights.. me being me though.. I’ll hold out hope that he’ll turn it around next start..

33 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Winkler just put the nail in the coffin...

1 minute ago, TheTrue7 said:

Trust me man.. I’m normally the one finding the silver lining.. so much so, that it annoys some.. but there was no silver lining for Gausman tonight.. when he can’t locate his fastball, he’s in trouble.. tonight was one of those nights.. me being me though.. I’ll hold out hope that he’ll turn it around next start..

No doubt he struggled but again it is one of those baseball things where a bad shift here and just out of reach ground ball there can lead to an avalanche.

It sucks

3 hours ago, tl;dr said:

Good lord. It was 9-0 a minute ago and now it's 14-0?!?!

At least it wasn't Touki that was the problem.

Dan Stinkler strikes again 

Nah bro he had a good era like last week. :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

Terrible game tonight.....it is just one of those baseball thing where nothing went right for the braves and every thing went for the Nats.

It is lame but it is the 1st series loss in the last 6 series.

Won 5 of 6 series yet only 4 games over .500 in one of the worst divisions in baseball. 

This is a wasted season so far and will likely continue since AA has no serious plan to fix this pitching. 

2 hours ago, Malachore said:

Won 5 of 6 series yet only 4 games over .500 in one of the worst divisions in baseball. 

This is a wasted season so far and will likely continue since AA has no serious plan to fix this pitching. 

If the season ended today...the Braves would be a playoff team

Calling it a lost season is plain and utter stupidity

5 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

It is wasted, the opportunity for much greater is/was there. Playing in a 1 and done scenario after winning the division and having the opportunity to improve is not a success. 

They are bad in the division and bad at home.

Saying this season hasn't been wasted so far is plain and utter blindness. 

7 hours ago, Malachore said:

Nah bro he had a good era like last week. :rolleyes:

And the week before that.. and the week before that.. 

shine on..

54 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

And the week before that.. and the week before that.. 

shine on..

Thanks, you too.

11 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

The Braves are 14-14 at home and 7-8 inside the division. Those things cannot continue to happen or the Braves will be sitting at home come October. You must win at home and win games against your division to make the playoffs. I have yet to see a playoff team that was bad inside their division. As many division games as their are it simply is mathematically impossible unless something strangely fluky happens and you never lose a game outside the division. But that's not the case for the Braves being that they're 11-12 against the west division. It's extremely disappointing because the potential is so much greater than what we've seen.

Malachore likes this

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

The Braves are 14-14 at home and 7-8 inside the division. Those things cannot continue to happen or the Braves will be sitting at home come October. You must win at home and win games against your division to make the playoffs. I have yet to see a playoff team that was bad inside their division. As many division games as their are it simply is mathematically impossible unless something strangely fluky happens and you never lose a game outside the division. But that's not the case for the Braves being that they're 11-12 against the west division. It's extremely disappointing because the potential is so much greater than what we've seen.

The braves did not have a great home record last year either.

The braves have only played 15 games in division so I am not going to worry about their division games just yet.

Ofcourse they need to do better but again...calling a team that in the thick of a playoff race as being lost is stupid

19 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

The braves did not have a great home record last year either.

The braves have only played 15 games in division so I am not going to worry about their division games just yet.

Ofcourse they need to do better but again...calling a team that in the thick of a playoff race as being lost is stupid

Braves lost only 27 games total inside the division last year. They've already lost 8 this year. In order to equal last's division record they need to go 42-19 in division games the rest of the season. Color me skeptical.

The Marlins swept the Mets and then the Mets turned right around and swept the Nats in 4 games and the Nats come into our house and wipe the floor with the Braves. It was the Phillies series all over again. I don't apologize for my doubts in the team and my disappointment in their performance.