Yo_Lover

Let's clear up something about the draft.

142 posts in this topic

I've been seeing some "we only got one good guy out of the draft" bitchy kinda posts.

Yeah, that's normal. The draft is a ******* crapshoot. Look at the Pats 2015 draft. 11 picks, 2 starters (1 left), and only 2 are even on the team (one starter and one backup). 

Ours has 2 starters still with us and one backup. 

No team hits on 3-5 or more picks in the draft like some of y'all wanna think. Get your head out of the sand and actually look at other teams besides just the Falcons. Maybe then you'll realize we aren't as bad as some of you wanna think.

13 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

People wanted specific players in a talent poor draft, yet out FO got the most out of it.

What are the chances your team picks exactly who you want anyways?  Unless you are picking top 3 or something 

This happens every offseason maybe more this time than others.  It does get tiresome seeing it over and over. Wasnt happy draft day but im excited now. 

Front office has been decent since quinn has been here.

Yo_Lover and me4falcons like this

I don’t see how anyone could complain about our drafting since 2014.  I suspect nobody drafts better than us over that period.  14 starters and 23 solid contributors over 5 years is A+ work by the FO

2014: Matthews, Hageman, Allen, Freeman

2015: Beasley, Collins (mental dud), Coleman, Hardy, Jarrett

2016: Neal, Debo, Hooper, Campbell, Wes, Poole

2017: Takk, Riley (still contributes..sort of), Kazee

2018: Ridley, Oliver, Senat, Foye, Gage, Ito

2018 could end up a special class if Gage and Senat jump this year

20 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

We usually pick that ONE GUY that I don’t want.

This is truth.  I remember you saying a moth before the draft you’re good with anyone but ‘insert name’..... and sure enough, he is a Falcon

Knight of God likes this

Seems like this thread could’ve been posted in whatever topic you’re throwing subliminals at...

Agreed though, you shouldn’t expect 5 players to hit out your draft class(not seeing who even suggested that). The one or two guys you do hit on though, you want to be cornerstones. All starters aren’t created equally, so simply listing the amount of starters and depth still on the team isn’t very informative. It’s how Kroy Bierrman was explained as anything but the meh player he was, on here.

Falconsin2012 likes this

A lot of fans are just in love with college-level pass-rushers, and they think that all you have to do is snatch one up in the draft, and you're going to be in the Super Bowl.

And the whole time, they're ignoring the fact that what you have to do in a draft is shore up your weakest part of the team. For several years now, that weakest part of the team has been the offensive line, and the Falcons did exactly what they needed to do, which is fix it.

Thing is, it dosnt matter where we drafted the olineman at.. If both Lindstrom and McGary become starters whats the problem? Finding good long-term lineman that work with your scheme is difficult.. They usually are expensive in free agency if they ever become available.. 

Im total fine with McGary and Lindstrom.. I feel like they both will be long term starters as long as we can afford them 

Blame the mocker fuvkers & the people who can’t get out their feels .. I would have loved a trade up for EO & all Dawgs after but it didn’t happen . I wasn’t overly excited how our draft shook beyond Lid, Ollison & Cominsky but I didn’t make a thread crying, bashing or being negative because I know all could possibly end up being big contributors regardless of my “wants.” This game is chill, wait & see 9/10 . 

Falconsin2012 likes this

47 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

This is truth.  I remember you saying a moth before the draft you’re good with anyone but ‘insert name’..... and sure enough, he is a Falcon

Been that way for over a decade.

2 hours ago, Knight of God said:

Every team builds differently. I see several guys who will probably start and be no less than average by mid season. @Yo_Lover these threads are more about the players not taken.

I understand those but I've seen post that say "well in the '18 draft we got Ridley and that's it" like man every draft happens like that. It sucks but at least we got someone. (Let's ignore Foye and Oliver for this tho). 

It's way too early to judge this draft. We should revisit it after the 2021 season. I love that they double dipped at OL and DB. I probably would have gone Jawaan Taylor and Cody Ford at OL and quadruple dipped at DB with Amani Oruwariye, Jimmy Moreland, Kris Boyd and Jo Jo McIntosh. Not mad at Dimi's draft though. Should be decent.

VTCrunkler likes this

11 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

It's way too early to judge this draft. We should revisit it after the 2021 season. I love that they double dipped at OL and DB. I probably would have gone Jawaan Taylor and Cody Ford at OL and quadruple dipped at DB with Amani Oruwariye, Jimmy Moreland, Kris Boyd and Jo Jo McIntosh. Not mad at Dimi's draft though. Should be decent.

Speaking of Jimmy Moreland, the Skins love him already.  He may be the steal of the draft in the 7th round

“Jimmy Moreland, who the Redskins selected this past March, had a big day as well. He recorded the first interception of OTA's, and broke up several plays when challenged one-on-one.

Toward the end of the session, Moreland was lined up on the outside against fellow rookie Kelvin Harmon with no safety help. Gruden verbally challenged Moreland to make a play before the snap, and while Harmon did catch the ball, he was well out of bounds as Moreland broke up the play.

Gruden had plenty to say about Moreland, pleased to see that the rookie stepped up to the challenge.

Jimmy? Jimmy got the first pick of the day today," Gruden said on Moreland. "Figured it would have been him. He's got great ball skills, and he's got great confidence."  

The praise then led to Gruden cracking a joke about Moreland's size, which might have been his first smile of the day. The seventh-rounder is one of the smallest players on the roster, listed at 5'10 and 174 pounds.

"I told him this is his type of day you know?" Gruden joked. "Non-contact, Jimmy, because he is a smaller type guy. I knew he was going to shine today. Just wait, Jimmy, just wait. But he is a great competitor. I love the energy that he brings. When the pads do come on for real, I think he'll be right there in the mix with everybody."