Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Falcons Fan MVP

How good do you think Quadree Ollison will be?

125 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Knight of God said:

I see some similarities to Larry Centers. I really like this guy, but it’s hard to say. As much as I like him, he has both a low floor and a high ceiling. 

13 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

A wise late round pick

13 hours ago, NeonDeion said:

He’s way faster than Hill. Hill looks like he’s running in cement 

Personally I wanted Daylon Mack with that pick, but several of you guys really like Ollison so...  Looking at his highlights Ollison runs hard, with determination, some power with some speed.   He's not Steven Jackson or Michael Turner, but he doesn't have to be.   I do think Ollison may be that between-the-tackles back we have been needing.  If Freeman can get 15-20 carries with Ollison and Smith splitting the other 10-15 carries,  we should win some games.

One thing, can Ollison block?  We have needed a pass blocking back for awhile now.   Plus I would like to see us have RBs that can also play FB.   That way our FBs are also a running threat.  I wonder if Ollison can lead-block for Freeman....?

13 hours ago, Knight of God said:

Just a football related aside

Having a good line doesn’t guarantee a good run game. 

Plus we don't even know yet, if our O line -is- good.

While I do have hopes, well..... hope-dashing has been a Falcons' specialty for decades.

13 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Well yall already know I like him. He was the first late round big back on my radar. Switched to Ozigbo a few weeks before the draft. He went to the Aints as a UDFA. There's a lot I like about Ollison. Big back, with decent speed and good vision that can catch, block and play special teams. He reminds me most of Lawrence McCutcheon the five time pro bowler for the Rams in the 70s. I think his Falcon career could be somewhere between Jason Snelling and William Andrews. Both were swiss army knives that could do pretty much everything a HB/FB needs to do. Andrews at a super high level.

Andrews had it all except for one thing:  breakaway speed.   Andrews longest run from the LOS, ever, was just 33 yards.

Andrews was a huge receiving threat, catching 80-plus balls one season.  The catch-and-run against Denver was his biggest gain ever.

I know you know this stuff FFS1970, this is mainly for folks that don't.  :)

http://www.nfl.com/player/williamandrews/2508563/profile

BTW to me, Ollison  is a smaller less-powerful version of Gerald Riggs.  A good thing.

14 hours ago, Knight of God said:

Just a football related aside

Having a good line doesn’t guarantee a good run game. 

Understand, still would like the Falcons to try having a good Oline and see what happens.

Would love to see Ollison running effectively in the 4 minute offense at the end of games. So many times since Ryan has been here, the offense couldn't get those 2 first downs running the ball and gave the other team another chance. If he can get those yards and pick up a 3rd or 4th and 1, I'm good for this year. If he develops into a bell cow back the falcons ride for 3-4 years, I'd love that too.

33 minutes ago, egoprime II said:

Andrews had it all except for one thing:  breakaway speed.   Andrews longest run from the LOS, ever, was just 33 yards.

Andrews was a huge receiving threat, catching 80-plus balls one season.  The catch-and-run against Denver was his biggest gain ever.

I know you know this stuff FFS1970, this is mainly for folks that don't.  :)

http://www.nfl.com/player/williamandrews/2508563/profile

BTW to me, Ollison  is a smaller less-powerful version of Gerald Riggs.  A good thing.

egoprime II likes this

13 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I’ve often wondered how only at the OL position can  a scrub change his stripes and morph  into a Pro Bowl player simply by changing teams.  

I think, when it comes to the  trenches, physical maturity doesn't get enough consideration.

Coming out players are generally between 21 and 23 yrs of age. Their weight gain between age 18 to 22 can be -huge-.  It can take some time for them to get used to these huge bodies they develop in college.  Their coordination might not have had enough time to develop.

Then these young players step onto a playing field, lining up against NFL caliber talent possessed by players who have several years of their bodies maturing along with NFL conditioning and experience.   Throw in the fact that for men, our bodies do not fully develop until we are around 28 years old.

Its not hard, at all, to see why NFL linemen can take years to develop.  A lot of times when teams draft a player in the trenches in the first round, what they are doing is hoping that that player is more 'developed' and ready to play sooner.

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

1 hour ago, Yo_Lover said:

4.39 and 4.58 is similar? If you actually watch him you'll see he has moves and power. The Coleman comparison is just pathetic.

I guess you skipped over where I said I haven't seen a second of footage huh? 

jWdw

9 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Thank you for posting this  (YouTube says NFL blocked the video here, but your effort is appreciated).  :)

Andres once said he didn't possess top-stopwatch speed..... but in the open field, no one was going to catch him from behind.

The definition of a player with more 'gamespeed' than '40 yard' speed.

Ergo Proxy likes this

3 minutes ago, egoprime II said:

Thank you for posting this  (YouTube says NFL blocked the video here, but your effort is appreciated).  :)

Andres once said he didn't possess top-stopwatch speed..... but in the open field, no one was going to catch him from behind.

The definition of a player with more 'gamespeed' than '40 yard' speed.

Yeah, good 'ole blocked if embedded but it works if you click 'watch on youtube'. ;)

egoprime II likes this

5 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Yeah, good 'ole blocked if embedded but it works if you click 'watch on youtube'. ;)

Aaaaaahhhhh…...I learned something today!  Thanks :D

Ergo Proxy likes this

15 minutes ago, Dirtybird3 said:

I guess you skipped over where I said I haven't seen a second of footage huh? 

jWdw

Can you not read? I said "if you'd actually watch him". Let me help you out "IF YOU ACTUALLY WATCH HIM".

Let's see if you catch it this time.

4 hours ago, Vandy said:

Props Bro.

Thanks man. Im a humble guy off the field. Lol. On the field you have to have controlled rage. 

Thats why I love our defenders like Debo and Keke. Animals out there. 

Vandy likes this

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, egoprime II said:

Personally I wanted Daylon Mack with that pick, but several of you guys really like Ollison so...  Looking at his highlights Ollison runs hard, with determination, some power with some speed.   He's not Steven Jackson or Michael Turner, but he doesn't have to be.   I do think Ollison may be that between-the-tackles back we have been needing.  If Freeman can get 15-20 carries with Ollison and Smith splitting the other 10-15 carries,  we should win some games.

One thing, can Ollison block?  We have needed a pass blocking back for awhile now.   Plus I would like to see us have RBs that can also play FB.   That way our FBs are also a running threat.  I wonder if Ollison can lead-block for Freeman....?

this is what makes me confused about the pick. The acquire a KR. Then draft a KR. Hill does fine at FB and RB. Draft an RB. Technically drafted 2 RBs. Could have sured up depth in other areas

Edited by GrimeyKidd
egoprime II likes this

2 minutes ago, GrimeyKidd said:

this is what makes me confused about the pick. The acquire a KR. Then draft a KR. Hill does fine at FB and RB. Draft an RB. Technically drafted 2 RBs. Could have sured up depth in other areas

Barner is **** at returns. Hill is overrated.

citsalp likes this

Just now, Yo_Lover said:

Barner is **** at returns. Hill is overrated.

I disagree about Hill. He's clearly the 3rd-4th rb im not looking for an all pro back there. Just someone who can do fine on special teams really. 

28 minutes ago, GrimeyKidd said:

One thing I have  never ever liked about the way TD drafts, is his emphasis on special teams in the late rounds.  To me a team should draft every possible starter they can, no matter the round.  Late picks like Ephraam Salaam  Travis Hall and RB Jamaal Anderson helped power the Falcons to a Super Bowl.  If TD had been in charge, they may not have even been drafted by us.

The last two drafts the Falcons have been looking at DT in the first.  Using a fifth on Mack in a deep DT draft would have been a good value.  As it is, Mack was drafted by the Ravens, who routinely develop excellent DTs.

Maybe Ollison would have been there in the sixth.  Ozighbo was, he went undrafted.  At any rate, I think we needed to go with Mack in the fifth then hoped for Ollison in the sixth.

7 hours ago, egoprime II said:

He’s not fullback scale. He’s a running back. He blocks well as a RB

egoprime II likes this

7 hours ago, egoprime II said:

Plus we don't even know yet, if our O line -is- good.

While I do have hopes, well..... hope-dashing has been a Falcons' specialty for decades.

Everyone already claiming our OL is better than our 2016 & 2017 OL is humorous.  Let’s see how they work as a unit

52 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

He’s not fullback scale. He’s a running back. He blocks well as a RB

You know, I read somewhere that Ollison is over 220 lbs.....then I -think- I saw a draft review....can't recall which one....that stated Ollison is a 230 lb back.  Which one is correct, I dunno...

I do know Stocker is supposed to excel as a blocking FB.

Knight of God likes this

33 minutes ago, egoprime II said:

You know, I read somewhere that Ollison is over 220 lbs.....then I -think- I saw a draft review....can't recall which one....that stated Ollison is a 230 lb back.  Which one is correct, I dunno...

I do know Stocker is supposed to excel as a blocking FB.

He’s close to 230lbs

egoprime II likes this

1 hour ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Everyone already claiming our OL is better than our 2016 & 2017 OL is humorous.  Let’s see how they work as a unit

I dunno if you heard 2012, but we have monsters up and down the line now that all block out the sun when they move so therefore our oline is going to be tops in the league and get infinite push and not collapse the pocket at Matt's feet.  So it hath been sayeth, so shall it be...ith.

Also our 2016 line was doodoo...

Atl Falcon and FalconsIn2020 like this

10 minutes ago, athell said:

I dunno if you heard 2012, but we have monsters up and down the line now that all block out the sun when they move so therefore our oline is going to be tops in the league and get infinite push and not collapse the pocket at Matt's feet.  So it hath been sayeth, so shall it be...ith.

Also our 2016 line was doodoo...

Ryan gonna have so much time he's gonna start bringing the twins to work.