Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Falcons Fan MVP

How good do you think Quadree Ollison will be?

125 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

What did you watch? 

This one.  The only run he made contact on was the 97yd run and they were beating that team like 51-10.  So the competition of the DB he stiff armed to the ground is questionable.   

Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, RichardCNile said:

This one.  The only run he made contact on was the 97yd run and they were beating that team like 51-10.  So the competition of the DB he stiff armed to the ground is questionable.   

Unfortunately for me I saw three of those live on tv. I’m glad the falcons got him I think he will do well.  Notice how #35 was in blocking for most of those runs. 

The DB in that 97yd run was a converted WR

Edited by VTCrunkler

3 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

I hate player comparisons so much man. This guy runs hard, he's Steven Jackson. This guy is as tall as Julio and runs fast so he's another Julio. But but this guy is a 5'10 FS, he's Earl Thomas. ******* annoying. When have two players ever been the ******* same? Ever? Every player is different, every player has different skills. We will never, ever see another Kam, Julio, Calvin, Brady, Lynch, Wagner, Deion, etc. 

Seahawks defense eats me alive the most. When are we ever going to move away from it?

3 hours ago, Stryka said:

He's got plenty talent.....I think his ability is somewhere between James Connor another Pitt back and an old face Jason Snelling. 

If he can be our Jason Snelling for a few years....Id be more than happy. 

I agree. I think.he.will fill that Snelling role well. Snelling is one of my favorite falcons ever.

Stryka, VTCrunkler and Schwarzwald like this

1 hour ago, NeonDeion said:

Why does he look so slow on the field? 

Doesnt have the visiin to see the hole before it opens so he doesnt hit the hole with conviction. If you can hit the hole with a head of steam rathar than getting to the line THEN accelerating your going to look much faster in pads.

Just now, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Doesnt have the visiin to see the hole before it opens so he doesnt hit the hole with conviction. If you can hit the hole with a head of steam rathar than getting to the line THEN accelerating your going to look much faster in pads.

On the highlights from last year he hits the open field after a 10 yard gain or so and still looks slow so I don’t think it’s that 

3 hours ago, Stryka said:

Its usually meant as a compliment. A poor man's Julio is likely a very good player. Its not like saying he's a poor man's Rashaan Salaam or Peerless Price. 

Its very high praise for a usually an up and coming guy or guy flying under the radar. 

I dont get the negative connotation you want to impress upon it. Just seems pessimistic imo. To each his own though....

Its just an overused term. It doeent bother me, its just an observation.

Schwarzwald likes this

38 minutes ago, NWFALCON said:

Demarco looked pretty good tho

One great year at 1800 yds. One year at 1100. Rest were mediocre to poor. Give you a decent year at Titans. 

3 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Just like people thinking the OL is 100% success for a run game. 

Those that say that are lazy in assesment. Takes the whole team. Oline, RB, coordinator, and a team,dedicated to the run. Lets also not forget a defense that makes running the ball all the more potent.

A bad *** defense...usually leads to a tough bad *** run game. 

1 minute ago, Sui_Generis said:

Those that say that are lazy in assesment. Takes the whole team. Oline, RB, coordinator, and a team,dedicated to the run. Lets also not forget a defense that makes running the ball all the more potent.

A bad *** defense...usually leads to a tough bad *** run game. 

Yep.

1 hour ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

I agree. I think.he.will fill that Snelling role well. Snelling is one of my favorite falcons ever.

Absolutely. We have many of those diamond in a rough stories. 7th round pick. Turned into a quality NFL RB. Versatile as **** and a good ST guy. 

My favorite is Rico Allen. My story is similar on a lower level. Im the same size as Rico. Played CB in high school. Pretty nice ballhawk but small. 

I only got 1 offer to Elon. Went there and turned into 2nd team All-CAA defender at FS. 

I love seeing guys counted out or flying wayyy under the radar turn into good next level players. 

24 minutes ago, Stryka said:

Absolutely. We have many of those diamond in a rough stories. 7th round pick. Turned into a quality NFL RB. Versatile as **** and a good ST guy. 

My favorite is Rico Allen. My story is similar on a lower level. Im the same size as Rico. Played CB in high school. Pretty nice ballhawk but small. 

I only got 1 offer to Elon. Went there and turned into 2nd team All-CAA defender at FS. 

I love seeing guys counted out or flying wayyy under the radar turn into good next level players. 

Thats cool. Glad you had the .opportunity to play wt that level. Snelling was my guy because he was epileptic, and still balled. I had a severe concussion that caused me to have a seizure, and have had to take meds for it since. I never played a other snap after. That was my senior year of h.s. Always thought it was super ballsy to play with a seizure disorder, especially as a RB/FB. He retired at the right time, before it became a problem.

Stryka, Schwarzwald and Vandy like this

1 hour ago, Sandy5prings said:

I think he's at best a chain mover and a TD scorer but not a bell cow RB. I think he's ceiling is 700-800 yards and 10-12 TDs, which is not something to sneeze at.

At best he can probably take the lead. At worst he’s forgotten by next year.

2 hours ago, RichardCNile said:

I wasn’t hinting that, but ya.  

2 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

That's a really bad comparison

I mean, enlighten me. I haven't seen a second of footage, but goin off the description given of : fast, runs north and south, no moves, isn't running people over, sounds like shoe string tackle Teco to me lol

8 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Thats cool. Glad you had the .opportunity to play wt that level. Snelling was my guy because he was epileptic, and still balled. I had a severe concussion that caused me to have a seizure, and have had to take meds for it since. I never played a other snap after. That was my senior year of h.s. Always thought it was super ballsy to play with a seizure disorder, especially as a RB/FB. He retired at the right time, before it became a problem.

Oh thats something I didnt know about him. Yea that takes a whole lot to put your desires in front of your health. Sorry you didnt get to keep playing ball. I know it sucks to have to be medicated but at least you can have a full life now. You could have permanently damaged yourself if you kept playing. Yea he hung up the cleats to preserve himself then. 

Vandy and Schwarzwald like this

8 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Never knew that about you Slobby. Sorry my man. 

Snelling is one of my all-time fav falcons.

9 hours ago, Stryka said:

Props Bro.

Schwarzwald and Stryka like this

9 hours ago, Dirtybird3 said:

I mean, enlighten me. I haven't seen a second of footage, but goin off the description given of : fast, runs north and south, no moves, isn't running people over, sounds like shoe string tackle Teco to me lol

4.39 and 4.58 is similar? If you actually watch him you'll see he has moves and power. The Coleman comparison is just pathetic.