Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Falcons Fan MVP

How good do you think Quadree Ollison will be?

125 posts in this topic

From now until the next 5-8 years how good do you think Quadree Ollison will be? Do you think he will be great from the get go or do you think he will be a work in progress? Do you think he will be our #1 running back one day? Possibly #2?  I've heard people compare Ollison to Michael Turner and even a young Stephen Jackson. What do you guys expect Ollison to bring to the table for the Falcons?

Knight of God likes this

I hope he does great.  However, in watching all his highlight videos, I don’t see greatness.   

What I do see is that he had an excellent O-Line.  Most of his big runs were where he went 5-7 yard before he was even closer to being touched.   

I didn’t see any clips of him trucking anybody.  He does not remind me of Turner at all.

He runs straight up and down,  I don’t see him making an moves/jukes. He has speed...but so does everyone in the NFL.  

Like I said, I hope he does well and if our O Line is great, so will all our RB’s.   

7 minutes ago, RichardCNile said:

I hope he does great.  However, in watching all his highlight videos, I don’t see greatness.   

What I do see is that he had an excellent O-Line.  Most of his big runs were where he went 5-7 yard before he was even closer to being touched.   

I didn’t see any clips of him trucking anybody.  He does not remind me of Turner at all.

He runs straight up and down,  I don’t see him making an moves/jukes. He has speed...but so does everyone in the NFL.  

Like I said, I hope he does well and if our O Line is great, so will all our RB’s.   

What did you watch? 

31 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Also he's not a young Steven Jackson. That's a lazy comparison by whoever made it.

Toby D on the pound for pound YouTube channel

2 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Much closer to Snelling than SJax.

I hate player comparisons so much man. This guy runs hard, he's Steven Jackson. This guy is as tall as Julio and runs fast so he's another Julio. But but this guy is a 5'10 FS, he's Earl Thomas. ******* annoying. When have two players ever been the ******* same? Ever? Every player is different, every player has different skills. We will never, ever see another Kam, Julio, Calvin, Brady, Lynch, Wagner, Deion, etc. 

1 minute ago, Yo_Lover said:

I hate player comparisons so much man. This guy runs hard, he's Steven Jackson. This guy is as tall as Julio and runs fast so he's another Julio. But but this guy is a 5'10 FS, he's Earl Thomas. ******* annoying. When have two players ever been the ******* same? Ever? Every player is different, every player has different skills. We will never, ever see another Kam, Julio, Calvin, Brady, Lynch, Wagner, Deion, etc. 

I hate the term a poor mans _. 

He's got plenty talent.....I think his ability is somewhere between James Connor another Pitt back and an old face Jason Snelling. 

If he can be our Jason Snelling for a few years....Id be more than happy. 

10 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

I hate the term a poor mans _. 

Its usually meant as a compliment. A poor man's Julio is likely a very good player. Its not like saying he's a poor man's Rashaan Salaam or Peerless Price. 

Its very high praise for a usually an up and coming guy or guy flying under the radar. 

I dont get the negative connotation you want to impress upon it. Just seems pessimistic imo. To each his own though....

Ergo Proxy likes this

58 minutes ago, RichardCNile said:

So another Coleman? 

1 hour ago, Knight of God said:

I see some similarities to Larry Centers. I really like this guy, but it’s hard to say. As much as I like him, he has both a low floor and a high ceiling. 

Pretty much agree with this. I think the OL will have a huge impact on the floor and ceiling.  As long as he can maul 2-3 yards on 3rd (or 4th) down and short (or goal line situations), and provide decent pass pro, definitely will be worth the pick.

Ergo Proxy and Knight of God like this

1 hour ago, Knight of God said:

I see some similarities to Larry Centers. I really like this guy, but it’s hard to say. As much as I like him, he has both a low floor and a high ceiling. 

A wise late round pick

Knight of God likes this

3 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

In his third season he'll have 2,363 yards with 24 TD's. League MVP.

Honestly believe hes going to be our #1 back before this season is over.. And imo he has better hands than any back we've had in years.. Hes my guy im rolling with this season 

1 hour ago, GrimeyKidd said:

im honestly not sure. for now hes brian hill until further notice 

He’s way faster than Hill. Hill looks like he’s running in cement