Falconsin2012

Vic Beasley: Video by Our Very Own @A-TowN

68 posts in this topic

While I’m disappointed he isn’t at OTA’s, our season may  hinge on this man returning to form.  This is still in him.  Don’t forget how special he can be. Take a look.

Youll notice how effective he is on stunts.  That’s a big reason I wanted Dex at 14.  It would free up Vic in space

Drew4719, Vandy, Cole World and 5 others like this

7 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

It's his career. Attending OTAs last year led to a sub-par performance. The year before, too. This might not be a bad thing for him.

Never had Quinn as his day to day coach, though.  

1 minute ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Never had Quinn as his day to day coach, though.  

Quite true. Vic might want a change of scenery and be aware that his cost-benefit analysis might result in a release if someone with a lower price tag has similar performance. Not a risk that I would take but players and their representation sometimes believe that the grass is greener in another stadium.

Falconsin2012 likes this

I hope I'm very wrong on this but I just don't think Vic is a consistent double digit sack guy.  He's comparable in size and speed to John Abraham but he doesn't quite have the bend he had.  JA55 could plant that foot and cut on a dime toward the QB.  If we get a consistent 6 to 8 sacks from VB44 in key games (like division opponents) I'd be perfectly fine with that.  I think we'd all take an 8 sack season from VB44 if four of them were on Drew Brees.

13 minutes ago, Cole World said:

Here's your Dexter Lawrence below.

hage1.jpg.6161786a173f18b443f22875fb13a966.jpg

Are you talking about those tiny legs behind DQ? I don’t see a body tho. 

Falconsin2012 likes this

50 minutes ago, NWFALCON said:

Vic can you return to form and get double digits sacks while setting the edge on run plays?

Hes more.likely to get double digit sacks than to set the edge vs run.

Falconsin2012 likes this

12 hours ago, Em_Jae20 said:

I hope I'm very wrong on this but I just don't think Vic is a consistent double digit sack guy.  He's comparable in size and speed to John Abraham but he doesn't quite have the bend he had.  JA55 could plant that foot and cut on a dime toward the QB.  If we get a consistent 6 to 8 sacks from VB44 in key games (like division opponents) I'd be perfectly fine with that.  I think we'd all take an 8 sack season from VB44 if four of them were on Drew Brees.

Abe was an inch taller, 20 pounds heavier, had the same speed but way more power and moves.

Atl Falcon, Falconsin2012 and Vandy like this

6 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

His first sack on another team will bring 3 threads here

So we will only have 3 Vic threads all year is what you sayin?  I'll take it.

Imagine actually having any kind of confidence in this dude.  How many straws must you grasp at?  Crazy.

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

3 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

His first sack on another team will bring 3 threads here

3? Shid that **** will fill up the front page :lol:

Yo_Lover likes this

Just imagine you are in Vic's shoes -

You are making $12.8 million this year, no matter how well or how much you play

You will likely not be with the Falcons next year, so why care about them this year

You did well in 2016, so just convince another desperate team that the problem was the Falcons and not you and you will at least get a mediocre contract next year on another team

You certainly want to avoid an injury no matter what as that will be worse than poor sack totals this year

You figure you and your buddy Grady can play for a different team next year and laugh at the Falcons for overpaying both of you this year

PokerSteve likes this

1 minute ago, jlrfalcon said:

You will likely not be with the Falcons next year, so why care about them this year

You did well in 2016, so just convince another desperate team that the problem was the Falcons and not you and you will at least get a mediocre contract next year on another team

You certainly want to avoid an injury no matter what as that will be worse than poor sack totals this year

You figure you and your buddy Grady can play for a different team next year and laugh at the Falcons for overpaying both of you this year

You get dumber with every post 

2 minutes ago, jlrfalcon said:

:huh:

On 5/26/2019 at 10:49 AM, athell said:

So we will only have 3 Vic threads all year is what you sayin?  I'll take it.

Imagine actually having any kind of confidence in this dude.  How many straws must you grasp at?  Crazy.

I can understand being hesitant about buying into Vic, but there are also reasons to think he can get 10-12 sacks.  

2017 was a wash.  He was on a similar pace as 2016 when he tore his hamstring.  4 sacks in 6 games.  But they didn’t force him to rest it the recommended 4-6 weeks so he came back early, tweaked it again which essentially derailed everything after Week 7.

Last year with all the injuries it’s tough to know what he was supposed to be doing or who he was covering for.  But once Irvin came into the picture Vic had 4 sacks in final 7 games.

So double digit sacks is very possible IMO

Tim Mazetti and GrimeyKidd like this