Falconcheff

Rrrrrring...

82 posts in this topic

This is an honest question.  Would you guys rather want David Onyemata DT from Saints for 6 million a year or Grady Jarrett for 15 million a year?

2 minutes ago, R_The_Great said:

This is an honest question.  Would you guys rather want David Onyemata DT from Saints for 6 million a year or Grady Jarrett for 15 million a year?

At that number I’d take Onyemata . 

1 minute ago, Yo_Lover said:

That's insane.

Yep .. damm run defense or drawing doubles to free others, etc .. just watch sack numbers . 

Yo_Lover likes this

33 minutes ago, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

LOL

All things considered though, I'd still rather have Grady and I don't believe the contract issue will be as big as we're making it.

Me too.  Grady has earned a nice payday.  Just hope it’s closer to 15 mill avg than 20 mill avg

BoomGoesTheDynamite likes this

23 minutes ago, R_The_Great said:

Didn't he get pinched for mary jane possession earlier this year? Plus we don't know what their D is gonna be like considering Davison left and Rankins tore his Achilles.

43 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

That's insane.

You wouldn’t take FOUR players who get 7 sacks, 22 QB hurries and 15 run stops over Grady?  Now that really is insane.  Heck, I’d consider 2 for 1 if we get the 10 million in CAP relief.  

That’s 28 sacks, 88 QB hurries and 60 stops for the 16 million Grady is making

3) Jack Crawford

Jack Crawford was mostly an afterthought heading into this past season — he was a low key free agent signing in the 2017 offseason, and then missed most of the 2017 campaign due to injury.

In 2018, however, Jack Crawford stepped up in Dan Quinn’s defensive line rotation, and he was one of the big-time pleasant surprises of the year.

Crawford was second on the team with 7.0 sacks — just one behind Takk McKinley for the team lead. He was also fourth on the team with 22 QB hurries.

Crawford tallied 15 run stops in addition to the sacks to showcase a complete package of contributions along the defensive line. The Penn State alum had the second-highest run defense grade among all of Atlanta’s defenders who played at least 400 snaps, according to PFF.

Overall tackling seemed to have been the only thing holding Crawford back in 2018, as his dreadful 29.6 tackling grade was the third-lowest on the team (hello Brooks Reed and Vic Beasley), with seven missed tackles against only 14 total tackles being the reason for such a low mark.

The good far outweighed the bad in Crawford’s season, however, as everything other than tackling (and his nine coverage snaps) was completely solid. Crawford’s PFF grade of 71.4 was the third-highest on the defense out of players who played at least 400 snaps.

Jack Crawford is looking like a steal at the $3.7 million cap hit he’s registering for the 2019 season, and he’s someone the Falcons should very much consider extending when the time comes. Dan Quinn is a firm believer in a defensive line rotation, and Crawford has proven that he can be a key contributor within said rotation.

6 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

You wouldn’t take FOUR players who get 7 sacks, 22 QB hurries and 15 run stops over Grady?  Now that really is insane.  Heck, I’d consider 2 for 1 if we get the 10 million in CAP relief.  

That’s 28 sacks, 88 QB hurries and 60 stops for the 16 million Grady is making

3) Jack Crawford

Jack Crawford was mostly an afterthought heading into this past season — he was a low key free agent signing in the 2017 offseason, and then missed most of the 2017 campaign due to injury.

In 2018, however, Jack Crawford stepped up in Dan Quinn’s defensive line rotation, and he was one of the big-time pleasant surprises of the year.

Crawford was second on the team with 7.0 sacks — just one behind Takk McKinley for the team lead. He was also fourth on the team with 22 QB hurries.

Crawford tallied 15 run stops in addition to the sacks to showcase a complete package of contributions along the defensive line. The Penn State alum had the second-highest run defense grade among all of Atlanta’s defenders who played at least 400 snaps, according to PFF.

Overall tackling seemed to have been the only thing holding Crawford back in 2018, as his dreadful 29.6 tackling grade was the third-lowest on the team (hello Brooks Reed and Vic Beasley), with seven missed tackles against only 14 total tackles being the reason for such a low mark.

The good far outweighed the bad in Crawford’s season, however, as everything other than tackling (and his nine coverage snaps) was completely solid. Crawford’s PFF grade of 71.4 was the third-highest on the defense out of players who played at least 400 snaps.

Jack Crawford is looking like a steal at the $3.7 million cap hit he’s registering for the 2019 season, and he’s someone the Falcons should very much consider extending when the time comes. Dan Quinn is a firm believer in a defensive line rotation, and Crawford has proven that he can be a key contributor within said rotation.

Crawford only gets that because he has Grady next to him drawing double teams so he can have one on one matchups. Not to mention that's his best season ever. Let's see if he can do it again before we start to crown him.

Lol at PFF, look at Grady's PFF and I'm glad you wanna ignore Crawford's **** tackling. Let's get a dline that can't tackle!! Yay!!!

28 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Crawford only gets that because he has Grady next to him drawing double teams so he can have one on one matchups. Not to mention that's his best season ever. Let's see if he can do it again before we start to crown him.

Lol at PFF, look at Grady's PFF and I'm glad you wanna ignore Crawford's **** tackling. Let's get a dline that can't tackle!! Yay!!!

I think not.  I’m pretty sure 2 of his sacks came while Grady was injured this year.  

Crawford is a very good DT.  Way above average.  His teammates also voted him the Ed Block Courage Award winner.  Good dude, good player.

“I was really pleased with Jack Crawford’s production this year. For Jack to finish with six sacks at defensive tackle, that’s a nice year. I was really encouraged to see him come back off his injury. He was the Ed Block Courage Award winner for us. That kind of tells you what his teammates think of him, to see him persevere. We really missed him in the ‘17 year. He got injured early on and missed the entire year. I was really pleased to see him come back like he did. I love the partnership that him and Grady had together.”

That’s really what [Crawford’s] role was last year as well...Every time you want to go through the season, you want to see who played up to their potential...Jack was one of those players who I thought really played up to his standard we set for him, and for what he set for himself as well. I was really pleased to add that kind of pass-rushing ability inside. He’s an important piece to what we have. I love putting him inside in pass-rushing situations.”

8 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I think not.  I’m pretty sure 2 of his sacks came while Grady was injured this year.  

Crawford is a very good DT.  Way above average.  His teammates also voted him the Ed Block Courage Award winner.  Good dude, good player.

“I was really pleased with Jack Crawford’s production this year. For Jack to finish with six sacks at defensive tackle, that’s a nice year. I was really encouraged to see him come back off his injury. He was the Ed Block Courage Award winner for us. That kind of tells you what his teammates think of him, to see him persevere. We really missed him in the ‘17 year. He got injured early on and missed the entire year. I was really pleased to see him come back like he did. I love the partnership that him and Grady had together.”

That’s really what [Crawford’s] role was last year as well...Every time you want to go through the season, you want to see who played up to their potential...Jack was one of those players who I thought really played up to his standard we set for him, and for what he set for himself as well. I was really pleased to add that kind of pass-rushing ability inside. He’s an important piece to what we have. I love putting him inside in pass-rushing situations.”

1 sack. He got 1 single sack without Grady.

Also who the **** cares about some made up team award?

51 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Let's make a team with these courage award winners!! Yaaayyyyy

NFC-South-768x982.jpg

40th-Recipients-page-001-1-1024x791.jpg

I think we could win a title with players off that list.  We know they’d be good ppl.

So he got just 1 sack in 2 games?  I thought it was 2.  Regardless, Jack doesn’t rely on Grady for his production. They compliment each other.  It’s not Crawford riding Garrett’s cape

1 hour ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I think we could win a title with players off that list.  We know they’d be good ppl.

So he got just 1 sack in 2 games?  I thought it was 2.  Regardless, Jack doesn’t rely on Grady for his production. They compliment each other.  It’s not Crawford riding Garrett’s cape

How was he before Grady again? 

On 5/25/2019 at 6:28 PM, hjerry said:

Apples and Oranges

throw in the bananas, and various nuts, and you have the fruit salad known as TATF

:lol:

Tim Mazetti likes this

22 hours ago, R_The_Great said:

Jarrett today Jarrett tomorrow the latter has improved year after year and has earnt every penny.

What before the 2011 draft would you have Greg Little or Julio Jones lol.

Flying Falcon likes this

2 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Jarrett today Jarrett tomorrow the latter has improved year after year and has earnt every penny.

To be fair, it’s not a player for player comparison.  You get Onyemsta plus 12 million.   If you’re saying I can get Onyemata plus an Earl Thomas (12 mill) then it’s a tougher question.

18 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Are you saying Grady Jarrrett is the Julio Jones of Defensive Tackles?

The biggest problem with most Falcons fans is they get tunneled vision on their own roster.  Mean while, teams like the Saints and Cowboys are competing in the playoffs with OUT Grady Jarrett

4 hours ago, R_The_Great said:

Are you saying Grady Jarrrett is the Julio Jones of Defensive Tackles?

Nope what I’m saying is he’s very important to this defense.He’s also a foundational talent which there are a few I’m paying and building the team around.

I like the idea of drafting developing and if good enough like I mentioned above paying this sought of talent.

4 hours ago, R_The_Great said:

The biggest problem with most Falcons fans is they get tunneled vision on their own roster.  Mean while, teams like the Saints and Cowboys are competing in the playoffs with OUT Grady Jarrett

If tunneled vision means keeping and paying your Ryan’s Jones x 2 Jarretts and alike sign me up.Thats what team buildings all about pay your best guys see what’s left go shopping in the middle & lower tier to fill holes with experience and continue to reload with draft picks.

Tunnel vision he’ll yes thats how I’m building my team if I were a GM.

Dallas wake up what the **** have they done the last decade the Falcons haven’t.Falcons all day over those fools they’ve done nothing.

20 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

To be fair, it’s not a player for player comparison.  You get Onyemsta plus 12 million.   If you’re saying I can get Onyemata plus an Earl Thomas (12 mill) then it’s a tougher question.

Maybe so but in our case we don’t need an Earl Thomas and while he’s still a playmaker in this scheme he’s near the end of it.

Jarrett started Falcon and to be fair has earned every penny he gets.

Its the same old 2012 when it comes to paying our guys for some reason it leaves a sour taste in alot of fans mouths.I really don’t understand why.

Is the market over priced and players get overpaid unfortunately so.TD called it a challenge and you got to be creative to keep all these guys,well so be it be creative just get it done and continue to reload in the draft is the solution.

As that’s the only thing that’ll hurt us is not drafting well.

9 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Maybe so but in our case we don’t need an Earl Thomas and while he’s still a playmaker in this scheme he’s near the end of it.

Jarrett started Falcon and to be fair has earned every penny he gets.

Its the same old 2012 when it comes to paying our guys for some reason it leaves a sour taste in alot of fans mouths.I really don’t understand why.

Is the market over priced and players get overpaid unfortunately so.TD called it a challenge and you got to be creative to keep all these guys,well so be it be creative just get it done and continue to reload in the draft is the solution.

As that’s the only thing that’ll hurt us is not drafting well.

I don’t mind paying our players at all.  But we can’t pay em all this time so a sacrifice is likely coming somewhere. I think it will be Hooper & Dre.

Just now, Falconsin2012 said:

I don’t mind paying our players at all.  But we can’t pay em all this time so a sacrifice is likely coming somewhere. I think it will be Hooper & Dre.

So be it mate but as long as the key guys are still there.

I love it that we have to make these decisions letting good guys go that’s our reality now.

Draft has always been the key.

Falconsin2012 likes this

3 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

So be it mate but as long as the key guys are still there.

I love it that we have to make these decisions letting good guys go that’s our reality now.

Draft has always been the key.

It’s true...and with good drafting comes the tough decision of letting quality, home grown talent walk out the door.  That’s all we are discussing here.  They have all earned a significant payday.  Which ones will we opt to pay is the debate

9 hours ago, R_The_Great said:

Yeah but they're doing it WITH Cam Jordan and Damarcus Lawrence. They also didn't have p*** poor O-lines either.