Falconcheff

Rrrrrring...

82 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

Tons of good dts in th league, no the other positions don't make or break your season like a QB, except maybe Julio, or Debo. You are as wrong as the day is long. If Grady goes down we will be fine and can even sign a vet, if MR2 goes down you would stick a fork in our season and call it a day. 

Wrong wrong wrong !! A WR or LB is not breaking a season . If Matt had a competent OL last year we win 9 games possibly more without Julio & Debo . QBs & OL are far more important to a team than a skill position . You’re way off here . NE doesn’t have a Debo or Julio & they consistently win .. why ? Because they consistently field a good OL, DL & QB . 

Edited by GeorgiaBoyz
Tim Mazetti likes this

1 minute ago, Osiruz said:

Poe was mediocre and will be cut sooner than later. Grady is a stud, but there are cheaper options if not better. 

Poe was not mediocre here . Thats being selective(he was mediocre in CAR), dismissive, etc like you’ve been doing in this thread . That Grady/Poe DT duo was #3 in hurries in 2017 when we fielded our best defense . I see I can’t tell you other wise so I’ll concede . 

Falconsin2012 likes this

Just now, GeorgiaBoyz said:

Poe was not mediocre here . Thats being selective(he was mediocre in CAR), dismissive, etc like you’ve been doing in this thread . That Grady/Poe DT duo was #3 in hurries in 2017 when we fielded our best defense . I see I can’t tell you other wise so I’ll concede . 

Poe got blocked by Tim burton in the playoffs. 

Just now, Osiruz said:

Poe got blocked by Tim burton in the playoffs. 

“One play” ... Again that’s “selective af” every defensive player has took a bad block before. 

Falconsin2012 likes this

6 minutes ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

It was all Grady and the entire rotation not just poe, if he was that good he would have been resigned, and he was very affordable. What elite DTs do the Patriots have? 

10 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

It was all Grady and the entire rotation not just poe, if he was that good he would have been resigned, and he was very affordable. What elite DTs do the Patriots have? 

The only reason he wasn’t resigned is because we couldn’t afford him & all the future deals we have coming up . The patriots don’t have elite prospects on the DL but they have good units via the rotation . Just like our 2017 line . No one was elite on it . 

33 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

Patriots value secondary over every position unit but QB.  And it’s not close.  They’ve spent more on their secondary than their OL/DL combined since 2016.   I think Claiborne was their highest paid DL since Wilfork

Edit: just looked it up.  Since 2014 the most the Patriots have spent on a DT or DE is $7,000,000 for Wilfork.   The next highest was Branch at 4.8 mill then Claiborne at 3.8 mill

Osiruz likes this

18 hours ago, Faithful Falcon said:

For everyone saying get rid of Grady, and the other nonsense, shoot yourselves. This dude has been a baller, and has given nothing but his best. 

Would you rather have 4 good defensive starters or 1 adove good player ?  Jarrett is good but he isn't aaron Donald.  I think defensive lines with taller higher motor guys are better than what we have been putting out there.  Give me the saints or cowboys d line over grady Jarrett.

Osiruz likes this

Pretty sure Blank's on record saying Grady will be a Falcon for life. He'll likely sign the best deal we can offer (which will still be lucrative) and we'll still sign Debo to a long term deal.

6 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Patriots value secondary over every position unit but QB.  And it’s not close.  They’ve spent more on their secondary than their OL/DL combined since 2016.   I think Claiborne was their highest paid DL since Wilfork

Edit: just looked it up.  Since 2014 the most the Patriots have spent on a DT or DE is $7,000,000 for Wilfork.   The next highest is Claiborne at 4 mill

Agreed, shut down cbs are more important than  dts, just get decent dts and des and you'll be just fine.

Falconsin2012 likes this

9 minutes ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

The only reason he wasn’t resigned is because we couldn’t afford him & all the future deals we have coming up . The patriots don’t have elite prospects on the DL but they have good units via the rotation . Just like our 2017 line . No one was elite on it . 

We could have easily afforded Poe, we paid more for other players that we just cut like Schraeder. We just didn't think he was worth it.

1 hour ago, Osiruz said:

Agreed, shut down cbs are more important than  dts, just get decent dts and des and you'll be just fine.

Give me Jack Crawford type players across the board  on our DL combined with our current secondary and we are good.  Don’t need All Pro’s everywhere

Osiruz likes this

6 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

We could have easily afforded Poe, we paid more for other players that we just cut like Schraeder. We just didn't think he was worth it.

Man you double & triple down on being wrong . Schraeder got paid before Poe was even on the team . 

15 minutes ago, R_The_Great said:

Would you rather have 4 good defensive starters or 1 adove good player ?  Jarrett is good but he isn't aaron Donald.  I think defensive lines with taller higher motor guys are better than what we have been putting out there.  Give me the saints or cowboys d line over grady Jarrett.

Jack Crawford makes 3.8 million.  He had 6 sacks last year.  So you could have 4 Crawford’s or 1 Grady

17 minutes ago, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

Pretty sure Blank's on record saying Grady will be a Falcon for life. He'll likely sign the best deal we can offer (which will still be lucrative) and we'll still sign Debo to a long term deal.

Don’t be shocked if Grady is tagged again next year for 18 mill

16 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Problem is there are no 4 Jack Crawfords and I doubt we can find many like that for all the same cheap price. Then there's the issue of maintaining a good D for the future through cap and the draft which while we have been decent at, we haven't really knocked it out of the park. Personally I doubt we break the bank with GJ with TD and DQ at the helm, but we also don't have many superstars on the D-line to begin with. Unless Hageman and Senat go gangbusters this season, GJ is gonna get paid. Also doubt any other NFL teams are gonna offer much more than us if tries the FA route.

Falconsin2012 likes this

34 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I dont believe he will sign the tag.. Im beginning to believe more and more Grady dosnt want to be here.. Him posting pics partying in the Caribbean while the team is doing ota's says alot to me.. Alot more is going on than has been reported between the Falcons and Jarrett 

PokerSteve likes this

10 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

I dont believe he will sign the tag.. Im beginning to believe more and more Grady dosnt want to be here.. Him posting pics partying in the Caribbean while the team is doing ota's says alot to me.. Alot more is going on than has been reported between the Falcons and Jarrett 

A player at his age hates the TAG.  

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

1 hour ago, R_The_Great said:

McCoy isn't Aaron Donald either. 

31 minutes ago, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

Problem is there are no 4 Jack Crawfords and I doubt we can find many like that for all the same cheap price. Then there's the issue of maintaining a good D for the future through cap and the draft which while we have been decent at, we haven't really knocked it out of the park. Personally I doubt we break the bank with GJ with TD and DQ at the helm, but we also don't have many superstars on the D-line to begin with. Unless Hageman and Senat go gangbusters this season, GJ is gonna get paid. Also doubt any other NFL teams are gonna offer much more than us if tries the FA route.

Don’t be using logic with me...lol

1 hour ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

Man you double & triple down on being wrong . Schraeder got paid before Poe was even on the team . 

We paid a bunch of players that off season look it up, bottom line is we could have easily afforded him and cut someone but we didn't. The panthers are also trying to dump him which says alot. He's just a glorified 2 down run stuffer. I'll take grady's salary and spend it on 4-5 jack Crawford hard working types like @Falconsin2012 said. Could get you some good des, dts, and and backup fs. 

41 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Sacred Cow Syndrome. :(

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this