Falconcheff

Rrrrrring...

82 posts in this topic

Hello?  Grady Jarrett's agent?  Look man, last year Suh signed for 14 Million.  This year he signed for 10 Million.  Gerald McCoy, a six time probowler is receiving offers for 11 Million.  The franchise tag is set at 15 Million...

Look Dude...the market pricetag has been set.  Your client is absolutely worth 15.5 annually for a good, young DT longterm deal.  How is this not friggin' done yet?  

Is anybody else getting the feeling that Grady just doesn't want to be a Falcon anymore?

3 minutes ago, caponine said:

Lmaooo you cant really be serious. 

I agree .. I had to read twice when I got to that part but what he said is definitely plausible . Those guys were/are elite but on the down side . 16-17 a year should be Grady’s ceiling . That’s more than what Suh & McCoy got in their prime . 

You gotta stop with this.The whole market has changed since Suh and McCoy got there deals.Its common place for players to get more than what there fans think they are worth.For the love of god give this tired unrealistic idea that you think you know what the worth of a player is.

Position doesn’t matter either even the best are overpaid.

38 minutes ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

I agree .. I had to read twice when I got to that part but what he said is definitely plausible . Those guys were/are elite but on the down side . 16-17 a year should be Grady’s ceiling . That’s more than what Suh & McCoy got in their prime . 

Exactly Grady is not as dominant as Suh and McCoy are. 16 mil should be hisceiling. I think hes looking for more money like Aaron Donlad but there again he is not what Donald is 

Theyhateme : ) and Bigbenright like this

3 hours ago, Falconcheff said:

Is anybody else getting the feeling that Grady just doesn't want to be a Falcon anymore?

Im not sure whats up with GJ.. It does seem like he could have another destination to play for on his mind.. Maybe hes not happy with the role expected of him to play here, could be a clash issue with him and one of the coaches, he could just have a favorite team he's always wanted to play for.. I definitely wouldn't say i get the impression he's sold out to be a Falcon for life 

Is it GJ or his Agent's? What GJ made last year and now he'll make 15 millions that's more than his father made probably more than you will make. I don't think he is too worried that is a nice one time raise. Barring injury, playing with Davidson and Hagerman and an improved Senat I think he will have a great year and command the crazy money. The ball is in TD's court.

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

1 hour ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Im not sure whats up with GJ.. It does seem like he could have another destination to play for on his mind.. Maybe hes not happy with the role expected of him to play here, could be a clash issue with him and one of the coaches, he could just have a favorite team he's always wanted to play for.. I definitely wouldn't say i get the impression he's sold out to be a Falcon for life 

One.would think he would be a falcons fan but i.d.k

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

6 hours ago, Falconcheff said:

I get the feeling that Julio wants insane money and it's making the falcons hard to lock up their own players

3 hours ago, Tim Mazetti said:

With out the salary cap the Falcons' would be the Steelers of the mid seventies.

Yes , bc you know Blank would pay almost whatever for a Lombardi

Tim Mazetti likes this

2 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

The difference? Grady can sign a 5 year contract, and that team can count on 5 prime years out of him. McCoy and Suh cant.

Yeah bro. Grady is five or six years younger than Suh and McCoy.

He's a top five DT and one of the youngest with Pierce and Jones.

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

Relax. Grady wants the best deal he's going to get and that'll likely be the offer made the night before mini-camp. Maybe even training camp. Doesn't mean he doesn't want to be here or that he's unhappy with anything. Just that he outperformed his rookie deal and since football is a business, he's using whatever leverage he has to make sure he's taken care of. I'd do the exact same thing if it was me.

JDaveG, thamill and Atl Falcon like this

15 hours ago, Faithful Falcon said:

For everyone saying get rid of Grady, and the other nonsense, shoot yourselves. This dude has been a baller, and has given nothing but his best. 

Is he worth QB money good though? No thanks, I'll pass. Give me a decent vet like McCoy and next draft will have some good dts as well. You could use that money on several good players.

2 hours ago, Osiruz said:

Is he worth QB money good though? No thanks, I'll pass. Give me a decent vet like McCoy and next draft will have some good dts as well. You could use that money on several good players.

The same could have been said about Matt Ryan, or any other player that has been paid. Grady was drafted in the 5th round, and has been nothing short of spectacular for us. If you sign McCoy and cut Grady, Karma should bite us in the @$$. That would be an insult.

36 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

The same could have been said about Matt Ryan, or any other player that has been paid. Grady was drafted in the 5th round, and has been nothing short of spectacular for us. If you sign McCoy and cut Grady, Karma should bite us in the @$$. That would be an insult.

Except QB is an indispensable position, and DT is not a premium position. If we dump grady we will be just fine. 

5 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

Except QB is an indispensable position, and DT is not a premium position. If we dump grady we will be just fine. 

That’s where you’re wrong . Every position is a premium one with the exception of G, TE & RB . 

Its just as hard to find a good DT as it is a QB . Grady is a pillar on defense . You need one at each level .

13 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

Our best defense 2017 we had 2 wrecking balls at DT . That wasn’t by coincidence . It’s hard enough finding one good DT . You get rid of Grady & now we have nothing but role players we would not be “just fine”. That’s being awful dismissive of the most important position on the defense ... the defensive line .

Just now, GeorgiaBoyz said:

That’s where you’re wrong . Every position is a premium one with the exception of G, TE & RB . 

Its just as hard to find a good DT as it is a QB . Grady is a pillar on defense . You need one at each level .

Tons of good dts in th league, no the other positions don't make or break your season like a QB, except maybe Julio, or Debo. You are as wrong as the day is long. If Grady goes down we will be fine and can even sign a vet, if MR2 goes down you would stick a fork in our season and call it a day. 

1 minute ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

Our best defense 2017 we had 2 wrecking balls at DT . That wasn’t by coincidence . It’s hard enough finding one good DT . You get rid of Grady & now we have nothing but role players we would not be “just fine”. That’s being awful dismissive of the most important position on the defense ... the defensive line .

Poe was mediocre and will be cut sooner than later. Grady is a stud, but there are cheaper options if not better. 

Tim Mazetti likes this