Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
benxiong

NFL Division Ranking by QB

21 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Disagree with the whole **** list.

Whoever decided this smoking the good stuff and I need some.

Edited by Zone#7

11 minutes ago, Zone#7 said:

Before I even click the link, let me guess the author:

Adam Schein?

benxiong likes this

Posted (edited)

30 minutes ago, vel said:

Before I even click the link, let me guess the author:

Adam Schein?

Yep.

For those that don't want to click here's a sample:

He put Ryan and Newton over Brees

Also got Trubisky and Stafford over Rodgers. Murray, Goff, and Jimmy G, over Wilson.

I didn't even bother reading all of it. Pure clickbait.

Edited by BoomGoesTheDynamite
droopy1592 and Tim Mazetti like this

2 minutes ago, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

Yep.

For those that don't want to click here's a sample:

He put Ryan and Newton over Brees

Also got Trubisky and Stafford over Rodgers. Murray, Goff, and Jimmy G, over Wilson.

I didn't even bother reading all of it. Pure clickbait.

Looking at the way he's ranked them, it looks like it's alphabetical by teams. Since ATL, CAR, NO, TB go in that order. Still not clicking it to verify 

Tim Mazetti and rings639 like this

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, vel said:

Looking at the way he's ranked them, it looks like it's alphabetical by teams. Since ATL, CAR, NO, TB go in that order. Still not clicking it to verify 

Your better off trust me. He actually has Brady as the 3rd best QB in that division.

My bad.

He's got QB's listed by which DIVISION has the best QB's. Which is equally stupid. We have 2 former MVP's and Brees, but somehow we're listed at #6.

Edited by BoomGoesTheDynamite
JDaveG likes this

11 minutes ago, vel said:

It is.  He is graded the divisions, not the individual QB’s

vel likes this

I know this is a controversial position, largely fueled by fan emotions and disproportionate of credit and blame being placed on a QB for what is a “franchise stat”, a Super Bowl. To be certain, a QB does deserve a lot of the credit most years if the win the big one, just not all of it.

If a QB has declining skills such as Drew Brees arm, I take that into account when rating QBs, rather than relying exclusively on  past achievements, some where scheme, outstanding coaching and defenses all play into it for me.

For example, if Ryan was drafted by Patriots in 2001, and Brady by Falcons in 2008, I believe all of America would be insistent that Ryan was hands down a better QB  than Tom Brady.

Most of Brady’s Super Bowl winning years, he’s had defenses that were #1 or close in points and/or total defense and hands down the best mind in football coaching him with a relatively stable scheme.  Conversely, Ryan had had major scheme changes, several new coaches, with few exceptions terrible OL play and mostly bad defenses.

Fact is, Ryan almost beat Brady head the head with Brady having #1 defense in points and  Tyan having the 27th defense in points allowed. And I still maintain Brady’s better coaching was the reason they won, Ryan had the game won, even screaming out “run the &#$@ ball” when all they had to do was run the ball 3 times, kick chip shot FG and go home hoisting the Lombardi.

PokerSteve likes this

AFC east is a joke of a division. All they have right now is Brady. AFC West has good ones but Flacco brings them down and Carr is just okay. NFC West isn’t that great, Jimmy G ain’t done **** and Murray has literally done nothing. North has an argument since their worst QB is at least okay and have arguably the best. NFC South should still be 1 or 2 anyhow. At the very least #3. 

Cam's shoulder issues and Winston being a train wreck every other week is what led to 6th. Not to mention we all know Ryan is disrespected in the media. All they see is Drew Brees and 3 other guys in the NFC South. 

You can argue we are #1.  

23 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Cam's shoulder issues and Winston being a train wreck every other week is what led to 6th. Not to mention we all know Ryan is disrespected in the media. All they see is Drew Brees and 3 other guys in the NFC South. 

You can argue we are #1.  

I believe it can be reasonably argued Ryan is the best QB in the NFL coming into the 2019 season. I believe he was the best QB in NFL  in 2016.

I’m breaking his QB play out from thr rest of the team and coaching staff to draw these conclusions. This year I’m looking at the declining arm of Brees and the increasing reliance in the system and support of others for Brady in New England. If Brady had to play behind the same OL Ryan did last year, Brady would have in no possible way put up the awesome stats Ryan still managed to put up last year. I believe, at this point, Ryan moves ahead of them all. Both Brees and Brady have been in NFL since 2001 and are in decline, Ryan hit his stride in 2016 and has another 5 prime years to add to his career before his decline starts to set in. 

LOL that ranking is garbage. 6 out of 8? NFCS contains a HOFer and 2 MVP QBs and they put the AFCEast above them? Jameis as bad as he can be would be a godsend for any of the AFCE teams except New England.

benxiong likes this

Posted (edited)

Wow I expected us to be 2 or 3. The whole list is kind of crazy though. NFC North is way too high. Rodger hasn't been his formerly great self in a few years now. Cousins is vastly overrated. He has moments, but not really when they are needed. Stafford is overrated every single season (21 TDs to 11 INT). Why do people love this guy? And Trubisky is average. Maybe he'll get there, but not yet. 

Edited by Jen
benxiong likes this

So before everyone trips out that didn't read why he put us 6th he actually only did it because of Winston and Newton.  He called Winston one of the worst starters in the league and says he doesn't really trust Cam to be healthy and draftnig grier in round 3 was smart and the right move and telling.    He said he 100% loved Ryan as a QB and loved us taking 2 Lineman to protect him nothing at all said bad about Ryan.  Also said he knows Brees will be Brees and do really well as always.  So Ryan and Brees he loves and it;s the other 2 QB's who made us 6th.  

20 hours ago, Zone#7 said:

Ya mon....that dudes got the good sh*t!! It amazes me how these people who are so clueless get these jobs.

20 hours ago, gazoo said:

I believe it can be reasonably argued Ryan is the best QB in the NFL coming into the 2019 season. I believe that was also true in 2016. I’m breaking his QB play out from thr rest of the team and coaching staff to draw that conclusion and also looking at the declining arm of Brees and the increasing reliance in the system and support of others for Brady in New England. If Brady had to play behind the same OL Ryan did last year, Brady would have in no possible way put up the awesome stats Ryan still managed to put up last year. 

This is a bunch of b.s. first off debating anything with "if's" is NEVER a valid argument.

Stop making excuses for Matt Ryan and stop trying to short change others (QB)

Every player gotta deal with what they have. Rodgers fans ain't complaining to the degree you constantly do.

3 hours ago, Ghost_02 said:

This is a bunch of b.s. first off debating anything with "if's" is NEVER a valid argument.

Stop making excuses for Matt Ryan and stop trying to short change others (QB)

Every player gotta deal with what they have. Rodgers fans ain't complaining to the degree you constantly do.

A reasonable, informed argument can be made that Brady is a better QB than Ryan, I’m not disputing that. They are both pretty darn close in ability.  

Some fans, like you,  believe a Super Bowl is a QB stat and become emotional and unhinged when fans like me suggest a Super Bowl is a franchise stat. One must dig deeper, linear thinking is inadequate.

For example, if Ryan was drafted by Patriots in 2001, and Brady by Falcons in 2008, virtually all of America, ESPECIALLY FANS LIKE YOU,  would insist that Ryan was hands down a better QB  than Tom Brady. 

Now, you are welcome to disagree, no need to be so emotional and disrespectful of my opinion.

But lets take a look at a head to head matchup, Where Ryan and his #27th ranked defense directly face Brady and his #1 ranked defense as well, as Bill Belichick, the most brilliant mind in game planning in the game today.

This is not a hypothetical matchup.

Fact is, Ryan had Brady beat head to head, period. All Shanny had to do was run the ball 3 times and kick a chip shot FG and game over. Coaching matters.

Brady is clearly one of the best QBs to ever play the game. I believe Ryan also is one of the best to play the game and over the next 5 seasons that will become evident to way more fans league wide.

Brady’s Super Bowl Years Defensive Rankings in Points Allowed:

2001: #6

2003: #1

2014: #8

2016: #1

2018: #7

So Brady has never won a Super Bowl unless he had either THE best defense in NFL, or at very worst the 8th best in points allowed.

How can anyone ignore the fact Ryan with the NFLs #27th ranked defense,  had Brady, with the NFLs #1 ranked defense beat in the 2016 Super Bowl?  Sure, Shanny and DQ whiffed on clock management allowing Pats back in, but Ryan had the game won. This is what draws me to the conclusion Ryan was a better QB in 2016 than Brady.

If you disagree with my conclusions, that’s fine, no need to become emotional and attack. A reasonable argument can still be made that Brady was better, so it’s just an opinion that looks deeper than relying strictly on a franchise stat .

23 hours ago, gazoo said:

Brady is clearly one of the best QBs to ever play the game. I believe Ryan also is one of the best to play the game and over the next 5 seasons that will become evident to way more fans league wide.

Brady’s Super Bowl Years Defensive Rankings in Points Allowed:

2001: #6

2003: #1

2014: #8

2016: #1

2018: #7

So Brady has never won a Super Bowl unless he had either THE best defense in NFL, or at very worst the 8th best in points allowed.

How can anyone ignore the fact Ryan with the NFLs #27th ranked defense,  had Brady, with the NFLs #1 ranked defense beat in the 2016 Super Bowl?  Sure, Shanny and DQ whiffed on clock management allowing Pats back in, but Ryan had the game won. This is what draws me to the conclusion Ryan was a better QB in 2016 than Brady.

If you disagree with my conclusions, that’s fine, no need to become emotional and attack. A reasonable argument can still be made that Brady was better, so it’s just an opinion that looks deeper than relying strictly on a franchise stat .

I hate sark so much more after this post. At the start of last season Good morning football had our 2017 defense as the best D in the playoffs after keeping Carolina and LA under 20 points then keeping Philly to 15 who eventually went on to score 40 in their next two playoff games. I believe we had a defense that could had won us a Ring if our offense had any consistency and could score at least 21 a game. 

gazoo likes this

7 minutes ago, Precyse said:

I hate sark so much more after this post. At the start of last season Good morning football had our 2017 defense as the best D in the playoffs after keeping Carolina and LA under 20 points then keeping Philly to 15 who eventually went on to score 40 in their next two playoff games. I believe we had a defense that could had won us a Ring if our offense had any consistency and could score at least 21 a game. 

Yeah, our defense was really playing well as playoffs approached us. Sark had a great plan against Rams, but what happened in Philly sealed his fate with me. It looked like Eagles knew exactly what play we were running on offense the entire game. Sarks game plan against Philly was pathetic.

This is why I mentioned above at times he showed brilliance, at others he looked to be in totally over his head. After the Eagles game I drew the conclusion Sark had to go, I didn’t need to see what happened last year to know this. I was always worried about bringing in a college coordinator.

I am thrilled to have seasoned, experienced,  NFL coaches running our offense now. The triumvirate of Keotter, Mularkey and Knapp allows DQ to hand over the offense completely to them and zero in on the defense.