Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
birdz4i

Falcons’ running back Devonta Freeman fine with God’s plan

41 posts in this topic

FLOWERY BRANCH — 

Falcons running back Devonta Freeman had plenty of time to contemplate what happened to him last season.

Injuries robbed him of the season, which ended with a sports hernia surgery after playing in only two games. 

“It was tough because at the time I couldn’t see the blessing that God had for me,” Freeman said Thursday. “It was definitely tough not being able to go out there and battle and compete with my brothers.”

As the Falcons were sputtering to a 7-9 season after they were projected to be Super Bowl contenders, Freeman had a hard time watching the games. 

“Just seeing all of those guys, every time I watched the games, I was like, ‘Man, that’s a missed (opportunity) for me,’” Freeman said. “I definitely took it to heart.

“I learned a lot from it. God does things for a reason, so it had to happen. I’m appreciative that it happened. Now, I’m just here to get better.”

Freeman was back in front of the line when the running backs were going through their drills. His presence has been contagious, according to coach Dan Quinn, running backs coach Dave Brock and quarterback Matt Ryan. 
“It’s been awesome seeing Free back on the field,” Quinn said. “To see the energy that he brings has been good.”

Freeman uplifts all of the running backs. 

“Certain people you’re around, they capture an energy,” Quinn explained. “He’s a multiplier of that when he’s around others. You forget about that in the pass game, the explosiveness that he has. The short plays that he turns into long ones because he can really (fake) out a safety or a linebacker. They feel the stress of having to guard him one-on-one.” 

Brock, who was the assistant offensive line coach last season, is in his first season as the running backs coach with the Falcons. 

“He’s been phenomenal,” Brock said. “Phenomenal in the meeting room. Great with his teammates. Great in the weight room. He’s done a good job in practice. I couldn’t be more pleased with where he is, his mindset and attitude have been really, really top notch.”

Ryan has noticed a uptick in the team’s pulse with the return of Freeman, who earned Pro Bowl status in 2015 and 2016. 

“He was in the building quite a bit just doing everything he could to get himself ready to go,” Ryan said. “He looks great. He’s moving around really well. You can tell the energy and the excitement is there. He’s always been like that. 

“You can feel it when he gets out on the field. It’s contagious. Guys around him feel that, too. It’s been great to have him back out on the field.”

Freeman rushed for 1,056 yards and an NFL-leading 11 touchdowns in 2015. He added 73 catches for 578 yards and three touchdowns.

In 2016, Freeman rushed for 1,079 yards and 11 touchdowns. He added 54 catches for 462 yards and two touchdowns.

In 2017, after suffering a concussion early in the exhibition season and another in the regular season, he rushed for 865 yards and seven touchdowns in 14 games. He had 36 catches for 317 yards and one touchdown. 

Freeman believes he can return to Pro Bowl status. 

“The sky is the limit,” Freeman said.

He’s fully recovered from the groin, knee and calf injuries that were listed on the injury report last season before the surgery. 

“Yeah, yeah, yeah,” Freeman said. “I’m 100 percent. It feels good to be out there. The sky is the limit.”

Freeman, 27, learned the ropes from veteran Steven Jackson when he was a rookie in 2014.  

Even though his sidekick Tevin Coleman has left to sign with San Francisco, Freeman is comfortable out front.

“I learned a lot from Steven Jackson, just listening to him,” Freeman said. “Seeing how he prepared. He was a true pro. Everyday he came to work.”

Freeman listened to Jackson, who was near the end of his stellar career that saw him rush for more than 11,000 yards.  

“As a young guy, you always want somebody to look up to and have someone to talk to and ask questions,” Freeman said. “He was one of the guys that gave some very good advice. I took it and ran with it. I enjoyed my time here with him.”

Freeman also is reuniting with offensive coordinator Dirk Koetter, who was with the Falcons in the same position in 2014.

“We always talk about it, it was my first touchdown,” Freeman said. “It was in London (against the Lions). It was a screen pass. It’s just good to have him back. He understands us and what we are trying to do.”

If Freeman can return to form after two down seasons, that would be a blessing for the Falcons. 

https://www.ajc.com/sports/football/falcons-running-back-devonta-freeman-rine-with-god-plan/FC2TSRUUw6geCofemqTDgJ/

Freeman is completely brainwashed.  I swear so many people have blind faith in some primitive books written by men thousands of years ago to control and hold back the masses (it worked).  Why not quit putting your blind faith in things that don't exist and rather turn to things that are real, like your dedication, hard work, striving for excellence, etc and focus on improving yourself and your team?   Because if you christians are being honest, God does not like the Falcons or any other GA team.  But luckily that is all fake and we aren't cursed as a state, we just need to management and decision making within our sports teams.  

46 minutes ago, dawgsjw said:

Freeman is completely brainwashed.  I swear so many people have blind faith in some primitive books written by men thousands of years ago to control and hold back the masses (it worked).  Why not quit putting your blind faith in things that don't exist and rather turn to things that are real, like your dedication, hard work, striving for excellence, etc and focus on improving yourself and your team?   Because if you christians are being honest, God does not like the Falcons or any other GA team.  But luckily that is all fake and we aren't cursed as a state, we just need to management and decision making within our sports teams.  

You and I obviously see this from a much different perspective. 

13 hours ago, octoslash said:

Wouldn't God be mad at them for working every Sunday?

Jewish god gets mad at college football for playing on Saturdays.

NWFALCON likes this

1 hour ago, dawgsjw said:

I'm with you on the atheism thing, but this take is really bad. Whatever gets people through their lives is fine. I don't believe in god but it's fine that other people do. Life is difficult. You need support to make it through. If it's religion, cool. If it's something else, cool.

21 hours ago, Jesus said:

I figured dad's plan was to get some lunch today. Corned Beef Fridays.

disgusting, in every aspect.

9 hours ago, Duff_Man said:

I'm with you on the atheism thing, but this take is really bad. Whatever gets people through their lives is fine. I don't believe in god but it's fine that other people do. Life is difficult. You need support to make it through. If it's religion, cool. If it's something else, cool.

I'm not an atheist, just think the abrahamic religions are a scam and a way to control people (was very very effective in the primitive times).  My point still stands that instead of praying or putting hope in some mythical creature, one should rather put that energy into improving your own life for the better, so in this case for Freeman it would be trying to be a better footballer. 

Guess Freeman is happy that he had to miss that block vs B Spikes in the superbowl, as god did it for a reason.  To those that are religious this further backs my point that god doesn't care for GA sports at all.  

"God does things for a reason, so it had to happen. I’m appreciative that it happened." - Freeman on why stuff happens. 

3 hours ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

No he didn't. You are just creating things in your mind and being a drama queen.

Yes he did

28 minutes ago, dawgsjw said:

I'm not an atheist, just think the abrahamic religions are a scam and a way to control people (was very very effective in the primitive times).  My point still stands that instead of praying or putting hope in some mythical creature, one should rather put that energy into improving your own life for the better, so in this case for Freeman it would be trying to be a better footballer. 

Guess Freeman is happy that he had to miss that block vs B Spikes in the superbowl, as god did it for a reason.  To those that are religious this further backs my point that god doesn't care for GA sports at all.  

"God does things for a reason, so it had to happen. I’m appreciative that it happened." - Freeman on why stuff happens. 

You're a sad little man..

32 minutes ago, dawgsjw said:

I’m glad you have your perspective, now stop being a bigot.

On 5/25/2019 at 7:22 AM, dawgsjw said:

Wrong... Let me ask you a question friend. What year is it.?? 2019 AD,, which means Adominia.. Which means from the birth of Jesus Christ till this day... BC means ,, Before Christ .... was born... All of times centers around the greatest thing that has ever happened in the History of Man kind... God sending His son to live and die for our sins.. So by faith if we will pray and ask God to forgive us and save us from our sins,, He will save you and you can know when you die, that you will be forgiven ,, Jesus died a death he did not deserve because he did no sin.. He died in our place so we could be saved by faith alone,, Not by works..  There is more evidence that Jesus lived and died the harshest death any man has ever endured,, But He had no sin,, He died for our sin.. So we could be saved by faith alone..  If anybody reading this wants to know more. Please PM me and I'll be glad to help you see the greatest truth of all time and History.. Jesus Christ ,, our Lord and Savior.  Romans, 10:13,, "For whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord,, shall be saved."  If God is knocking at your heart, you can simply pray,, God save me?  and He will .. If you believe that, you can be saved, if you don't believe that.. You can't be saved until you believe that God will do what He said he would do.. Save you if you'll ask him to.. Amen.  PM me if anybody has any questions.. I'm an Evangelist.. And have been blessed to see hundreds come to Christ .. Every one of them would tell you that was the greatest day of their lives.  And so it was for me as an 8 year old boy.. I'll never forget the most wonderful day of my life.  Yes , I know I could get banned from this site.. But hey,, I would die for my faith,, Because I know it's the Way , the Truth and the Life.. His name is Jesus.  Amen

4 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

Wrong... Let me ask you a question friend. What year is it.?? 2019 AD,, which means Adominia.. Which means from the birth of Jesus Christ till this day... BC means ,, Before Christ .... was born... All of times centers around the greatest thing that has ever happened in the History of Man kind... God sending His son to live and die for our sins.. So by faith if we will pray and ask God to forgive us and save us from our sins,, He will save you and you can know when you die, that you will be forgiven ,, Jesus died a death he did not deserve because he did no sin.. He died in our place so we could be saved by faith alone,, Not by works..  There is more evidence that Jesus lived and died the harshest dead any man has ever endured,, But He had no sin,, He died for our sin.. So we could be saved by faith alone..  If anybody reading this wants to know more. Please PM me and I'll be glad to help you see the greatest truth of all time and History.. Jesus Christ ,, our Lord and Savior.  Romans, 10:13,, "For whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord,, shall be saved."  If God is knocking at your heart, you can simply pray,, God save me?  and He will .. If you believe that, you can be saved, if you don't believe that.. You can't be saved until you believe that God will do what He said he would do.. Save you if you'll ask him to.. Amen.  PM me if anybody has any questions.. I'm an Evangelist.. And have been blessed to see hundreds come to Christ .. Every one of them would tell you that was the greatest day of their lives.  And so it was for me as an 8 year old boy.. I'll never forget the most wonderful day of my life.  Yes , I know I could get banned from this site.. But hey,, I would die for my faith,, Because I know it's the Way , the Truth and the Life.. His name is Jesus.  Amen

You shouldn’t get banned for sharing something you love and have a strong passion for. You aren’t hurting anyone or being insulting.

Draftnut57 and RING OF HONOR like this

Just now, Knight of God said:

You shouldn’t get banned for sharing something you love and have a strong passion for. You aren’t hurting anyone or being insulting.

It makes me so sad, that so many fans on here have never even been taught True History and How to truly have peace and happiness,, There is only one way,, Jesus said, "I am the Way , the Truth and the life, No man come'th to the Father but by me." 

God made it so simple ,, that no man will have an excuse when we stand before Him. He paid our sin debt by His own perfect life. The wages of sin is death,, He had no sin ,, but he died for our sin. So we could be saved by simply trusting his Sacrifice for our sins.. and dying in our place.. By faith we are justified.  Because no man is sinless.. But Jesus was God in the flesh and he was sinless.  Any one that needs help in this area.  Please PM me. I love people because Christ lives in me. Amen.