Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheFatboi

Ranking the nfc south’s running back groups

2 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

Kamara doesn’t have the benefit of Cam Newton’s threat to run the ball. That’s what makes him more dangerous. With the panthers you have to watch cam as well as mcCaffrey. Cam May leave it in his belly or he may pull it and run. That opens things up for McCaffrey. That’s where I give the edge to kamara. Brees goes out kamara still dangerous. Cam goes out you can key in on mccaffrey. Still dangerous but some of his effectiveness is contained. Like game 2 against us. Without cam we were able to contain his effectiveness. He had a good game in the stats column but it wasn’t hurting us. 

This times a thousand. Teams are terrified of Cam running the ball. Mccaffrey is a good player but I bet a lot of teams are fine to let him go off if it means Cam is kept in check.

3 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

I’m not into fantasy and it’s kamara for me. Cam’s threat to run makes it easier for mccaffery to go off. He may keep it in his belly or he may pull it and go. Not taking anything from mccafferey. He’s really good. Just gotta give kamara the edge. He doesn’t have the benefit of a scary running qb 

I guess then you could say the same for Kamara when it comes to the passing game. Only thing is McCaffrey is better at that too.

On 5/24/2019 at 3:44 PM, athell said:

My how times change.  Wasn't too long ago (2016) we had arguably the best RBs in the entire league and now we are third in our own division (which I can't really argue with).

Like my brother @Vandy says though, a healthy Free is going to flip that narrative on it's head quickly.  The OLine + Mularkey + all the signings and picks...if he stays healthy Free should have a monster year.

Agree.  If our OLine lives up to the hype, we’ll have a great run game.  

Brian Hill, week 16 , Ran Wild,,  115 yards on 8 carries!!!  Where did all my hecklers go since that game???????  My My,, how they all disapeared ...   In case the hecklers can't figure that out,, he averaged  14 yards a carry ,,   Yes , I was a Brian Hill fan before being a Hill fan was cool !! :mmmhmm:

Fair breakdown considering the last 2 years of health of our best RB. And we let our healthy, 2nd best RB walk away for peanuts(not saying he was All-Pro, but for the price he should have probably stayed)