Falcons In 2012

OTA’s: Why They Are Important or Not

101 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

NODODY ever said there was no value in ota’s  Who said that??? There you go with alternate facts again. How many times do I have to tell you words matter. Don’t change the words I use to align with YOUR narrative. I said it wasn’t an issue that Julio wasn’t there. I SAID there’s value in ota’s but it’s mostly for younger guys. And that’s a fact. I said it doesn’t count until the pads come on tho. 

 

And Kazee May have started at FS but he didn’t play the entire game at FS before he was ejected. They rotated. I give 2 f*cks what coaches say. I watch the actual game. That’s no different than Beasley starting the game at LB but eventually he plays DE. I WATCHED that game. How you start the game may not be how you end the game. When you stop changing the words I use I’ll stop saying this thread had an agenda. Because the pulse of it does. Everybody saw that. Off top!! 

Read the 2nd and 4th post in this thread.  Or Vel saying everyone should skip them. SMH... when are you going to understand, I don’t make up facts to fit a narrative.

And again I’ll advise, attack the post, not the poster

Vandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Vic ought to be kissing  DQ’s assss for giving him 12.8 mill.  You’d think he’d be living with Q.  Really surprised he isn’t there 

⚡Slumerican⚡ and Vandy like this
 
I also blasted Tom Brady for not taking his own advice and showing up for OTA’s.  Debo is rehabbing.  Grady should be there, but we tagged him so I get it.  Julio still has 2 years on his contract.
 
 

1 post...

1

Post

.......

How many Julio posts you up to by now?

Also blasting Tom Brady is absolutely hilarious.  Especially with you directly correlating a down year to ota absence and not the fact that he just turned a billion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I personally have to disagree. In reality, the only players that have leverage are franchise QB’s. 

I know you do,  which is cool my bro. Respect.

But i think julio’s proven the past couple off-seasons he has leverage, and is exercising it. And I say good for him.

JD dirtybird21 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Read the 2nd and 4th post in this thread.  Or Vel saying everyone should skip them. SMH... when are you going to understand, I don’t make up facts to fit a narrative.

And again I’ll advise, attack the post, not the poster

To be fair, you poach and cherry pick bits and pieces from articles to fit your narrative while leaving out the bits and pieces from the same article that go against your narrative.  You did this to me personally....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Read the 2nd and 4th post in this thread.  Or Vel saying everyone should skip them. SMH... when are you going to understand, I don’t make up facts to fit a narrative.

And again I’ll advise, attack the post, not the poster

This is what happens when the board knows to read between the lines of a thread posted by a guy with an axe to grind tbh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Read the 2nd and 4th post in this thread.  Or Vel saying everyone should skip them. SMH... when are you going to understand, I don’t make up facts to fit a narrative.

And again I’ll advise, attack the post, not the poster

Great posters ( which all of you are) can disagree without it turning personal.

caponine and Falcons In 2012 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, athell said:

To be fair, you poach and cherry pick bits and pieces from articles to fit your narrative while leaving out the bits and pieces from the same article that go against your narrative.  You did this to me personally....

Not taking up for 2012.....But To be fair.....,we all have tendencies of doing that. :ninja:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, athell said:

1 post...

1

Post

.......

How many Julio posts you up to by now?

Also blasting Tom Brady is absolutely hilarious.  Especially with you directly correlating a down year to ota absence and not the fact that he just turned a billion.

You said I NEVER criticized Vic.  I showed you I did, so now you’re moving where the 1st down marker is.   Ok.  

You’ll find about 12 times where I said Vic was being foolish.  Far worse than what JJ is doing. Quinn went to bat for Vic.  Julio carries his own bat.  But that doesn’t mean he is perfect and not able to improve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Not taking up for 2012.....But To be fair.....,we all have tendencies of doing that. :ninja:

Nah

 

1 minute ago, Falconsin2012 said:

You said I NEVER criticized Vic.  I showed you I did, so now you’re tweeting the chains.   Ok.  You’ll find about 12 times where I said Vic was being foolish.  Far worse than what JJ is doing. Quinn went to bat for Vic.  Julio carries his own bat.  But that doesn’t mean he is perfect and not able to improve

Omg dude...I can't with you anymore.  Honestly just own it.  I'd respect it much more.  Or just give it a rest, I'd respect that even more.  Either way i'm out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Read the 2nd and 4th post in this thread.  Or Vel saying everyone should skip them. SMH... when are you going to understand, I don’t make up facts to fit a narrative.

And again I’ll advise, attack the post, not the poster

Well I never said it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, athell said:

Nah

 

Omg dude...I can't with you anymore.  Honestly just own it.  I'd respect it much more.  Or just give it a rest, I'd respect that even more.  Either way i'm out.

Own what?  Honestly, what are you saying I should own?  That OTA’s are pointless?  I won’t say it.  They are valuable

In 2011 the cut five weeks from the offseason.  Five.  It’s a big reason OL’s are struggling now. That’s why Belichick passionately argued for more time with players during offseason just a month ago 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Dan Quinn pins touchdown on poor technique by Falcons rookie

In that moment, in that part of the field, you want (Oliver) to play it from high to low," Quinn said. "As opposed to a communication error, that was a technique error. Those scars aren't fun."

We have our own little twist on it, but it’s basically a cover-2,” Oliver said. “So I probably should’ve sank back a little bit more, like 3 or 4 yards. Coach (Marquand) Manuel said that it (hurts) right now, but you’ve just got to take it and learn something from it. It can’t all be negative.”

The key is "in that moment". Cover 2 isn't high to low. In that moment sure. But he's a rookie, he was following his assignment on a play we rarely run and def shouldn't have run there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

The key is "in that moment". Cover 2 isn't high to low. In that moment sure. But he's a rookie, he was following his assignment on a play we rarely run and def shouldn't have run there.

Def should’ve kept doing what they do. In THAT particular moment. 

Ovie_Lover likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Dan Quinn pins touchdown on poor technique by Falcons rookie

In that moment, in that part of the field, you want (Oliver) to play it from high to low," Quinn said. "As opposed to a communication error, that was a technique error. Those scars aren't fun."

We have our own little twist on it, but it’s basically a cover-2,” Oliver said. “So I probably should’ve sank back a little bit more, like 3 or 4 yards. Coach (Marquand) Manuel said that it (hurts) right now, but you’ve just got to take it and learn something from it. It can’t all be negative.”

Coaches flub play calls too. He ain’t gonna fall in his sword for that. Even tho every former nfl player I heard talk about it said why would they call cover 2 in that situation. Im telling that game and Cleveland are the games that got Manuel fired. No way should we have lost that cincy game. Goes back to our convo yesterday play cover 1 and eliminate the possibility of a mistake or miscommunication. The field was short so Oliver could’ve handled starting in Greens hip pocket. Or call press cover 3. Could’ve disrupted the route and gave Poole a split second longer to get there over top. Free release in cover 2 against AJ? Terrible call. Like I said before Oliver May get the blame but that CALL was the problem. Even Dalton was happy they got the look they wanted. Matt says that all the time. Quinn def wasn’t gonna take the heat cause Manuel made the call and he wasn’t gonna throw his coach under the bus. Easier to blame the rookie than admit that call was bad. But some coaches will stick to it. Just like nobody but players will admit that the pass play in the Sb from the Seahawks was a bad playcall. No coach has taken credit for that call. The whole world knew give it to Lynch. Oh well. Learning experience for Oliver and Manuel is looking for a job. Quinn ain’t gonna lose his job behind a DC so he’s calling the defense now. 

 

Long story short why would you call that play with a rookie knowing it’s an altered cover 2 that he doesn’t do in practice everyday with the defense qb out of the game?? 

Falcons In 2012 and Ovie_Lover like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Coaches flub play calls too. He ain’t gonna fall in his sword for that. Even tho every former nfl player I heard talk about it said why would they call cover 2 in that situation. Im telling that game and Cleveland are the games that got Manuel fired. No way should we have lost that cincy game. Goes back to our convo yesterday play cover 1 and eliminate the possibility of a mistake or miscommunication. The field was short so Oliver could’ve handled starting in Greens hip pocket. Or call press cover 3. Could’ve disrupted the route and gave Poole a split second longer to get there over top. Free release in cover 2 against AJ? Terrible call. Like I said before Oliver May get the blame but that CALL was the problem. Even Dalton was happy they got the look they wanted. Matt says that all the time. Quinn def wasn’t gonna take the heat cause Manuel made the call and he wasn’t gonna throw his coach under the bus. Easier to blame the rookie than admit that call was bad. But some coaches will stick to it. Just like nobody but players will admit that the pass play in the Sb from the Seahawks was a bad playcall. No coach has taken credit for that call. The whole world knew give it to Lynch. Oh well. Learning experience for Oliver and Manuel is looking for a job. Quinn ain’t gonna lose his job behind a DC so he’s calling the defense now. 

 

Long story short why would you call that play with a rookie knowing it’s an altered cover 2 that he doesn’t do in practice everyday with the defense qb out of the game?? 

I know you hated the play.  And I don’t disagree.  But if Oliver does his job it’s s pick or no throw is made

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

How is a session with the word VOLUNTARY mandatory? They can’t penalize players that don’t come because it’s NOT mandatory. 

Actually they can penalize.  Patriots kept Malcom Brown out a week for missing one day of voluntary  OTA’s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, athell said:

Lol the insistance of 2012 while cherry picking articles from the net, which also contradict his argument, is almost admirable.

In the NFL, the age old cliche is follow the money.  Once players start getting paid for OTAs, I will think about saying it provides any value to veterans or any kind of import.  If OTAs were so important, the players would be paid to be there.  They aren't.  They aren't even paid the pittance they make in per diem during training camp.  We can't follow the money because there is no money...oh wait...except for the franchises as their guys running around in shells and nothing else, while going against air or coaches, get to wear that fancy sponsor patch on their jersey that the sponsor paid so much for.

Players no money.

Franchises money.

Hrmmmmm...I wonder why we have OTAs...and more importantly why it's becoming more and more commonplace to miss...

And don't give me **** about coaches.  These dudes work 20 hour days.  They would rather spend time in the office watching tape than being with their own families.  They don't sleep.  They are literally obsessed.  If they had their way, there would be  no offseason.  Maybe coaches aren't the best moral or practical gauge here...

Players get paid for OTA’s.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Players get paid for OTA’s.  

They don't actually.  Not most at least.  Like I and others have said several times.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/why-nfl-players-should-never-do-anything-free-according-nflpa-director

“Some players have incentives in their contract to go to OTAs because we take a pretty hard line that OTAs are purely voluntary," Smith said on The Sports Junkies Friday morning. "If you want to put something in your contract that you get $20,000 for going to an OTA, knock yourself out."

OTAs and minicamps are voluntary and unpaid, but players do get a stipend depending on the team's location to cover their living and meal expenses while in camp attendance. There's also an enormous pressure often from fans and team culture for some players to attend.

“Frankly, I think players should never do anything for free," Smith said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, athell said:

They don't actually.  Not most at least.  Like I and others have said several times.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/why-nfl-players-should-never-do-anything-free-according-nflpa-director

“Some players have incentives in their contract to go to OTAs because we take a pretty hard line that OTAs are purely voluntary," Smith said on The Sports Junkies Friday morning. "If you want to put something in your contract that you get $20,000 for going to an OTA, knock yourself out."

OTAs and minicamps are voluntary and unpaid, but players do get a stipend depending on the team's location to cover their living and meal expenses while in camp attendance. There's also an enormous pressure often from fans and team culture for some players to attend.

“Frankly, I think players should never do anything for free," Smith said.

They make $215 per day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Falconsin2012 said:

They make $215 per day

Bye

Don't reply to me.  Don't mention me.  Don't nothing me anymore on the topic.  Thx.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Falconsin2012 said:

 

A random tweet from a random account 2 years ago over a interview 2 weeks ago from the nflpa president.  Good luck with that.

You are wrong and refuse to admit it.  The worst kind of wrong.  Legit thought you were better than this.

See above.  Please don't reply to or mention me anymore regarding this ota topic.  I can't anymore with you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now