FalconsIn2020

OTA’s: Why They Are Important or Not

101 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

If Quinn was truly angry with Julio and Beasley being absent, I’m sure the outcome would be different. And don’t tell me that Julio has leverage. Brown and Beckham both just got traded. 

Perturbed perhaps, but not angry.

And yes, Julio has more leverage than brown or Beckham had.

54 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Perturbed perhaps, but not angry.

And yes, Julio has more leverage than brown or Beckham had.

I personally have to disagree. In reality, the only players that have leverage are franchise QB’s. 

Vandy likes this

7 hours ago, JPPT1974 said:

Yeah as O.T.A.'s usually are mandatory. But those that do not show up. You can't do nothing about it.

No they're not. What the **** are you talking about?

athell and TheFatboi like this

8 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

This isn’t a Julio thread.  It’s about the overall merits of OTA’s.  Some here are saying they have no value to the team as a whole

Let's be honest shall we?  This is a Julio thread wrapped in an OTA thread and I have still yet to see you call out Debo, Grady or Vic...

You don't go off on your series of posts about Julio one day, then post an old article about OTAs the next day without an agenda.  There clearly is one.  We aren't stupid.

TheFatboi likes this

51 minutes ago, athell said:

Let's be honest shall we?  This is a Julio thread wrapped in an OTA thread and I have still yet to see you call out Debo, Grady or Vic...

You don't go off on your series of posts about Julio one day, then post an old article about OTAs the next day without an agenda.  There clearly is one.  We aren't stupid.

The OP. clearly states, this has nothing to do with Julio.  I’ve not mentioned him in this thread.  But y’all keep bringing him up in a weak attempt to make it appear I’m bashing him, which I am not.

All I’ve ever said about Julio is that as a teammate, I wish he was there.  Not to practice, but to help the younger players with the instillation of the offense and for meetings..  

I don’t believe he should put himself at risk of injury, though.  If you guys see that as Julio bashing, so be it.  It’s not.  But spin your narrative as you see fit.

2 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

The OP. clearly states, this has nothing to do with Julio.  I’ve not mentioned him in this thread.  But y’all keep bringing him up in a weak attempt to make it appear I’m bashing him, which I am not.

All I’ve ever said about Julio is that as a teammate, I wish he was there.  Not to practice, but to help the younger players with the instillation of the offense and for meetings..  

I don’t believe he should put himself at risk of injury, though.  If you guys see that as Julio bashing, so be it.  It’s not.  But spin your narrative as you see fit.

So instead of Julio training and getting himself more prepared you want him to babysit?

TheFatboi and athell like this

1 minute ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Then you’re saying. I’m a liar. K.

Didn't call you anything.  Just that I see through your "narrative".

TheFatboi likes this

1 hour ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I personally have to disagree. In reality, the only players that have leverage are franchise QB’s. 

That’s not true. In reality a great player has leverage until he doesn’t. That includes franchise qb’s. Your leverage lasts as long as your high production. Julio’s don’t grow on trees. That’s why he has leverage. Rice had leverage until he didn’t. Because TO came along. But rice was aging by then even tho his production was still high. It took that long to find another beast wr. Roddy had leverage until he didn’t. That’s cause Julio came along and grew into a monster.

Franchise qb’s are not the only players that have leverage. GREAT players  do. And same thing applies. Matt Ryan’s and Aaron Rodgers’s and Peyton Manning’s and Tom Brady’s don’t grow on trees. Neither do Julio jones’s and Jerry Rices’s and Calvin Johnson’s. Joe Montanna lost leverage because along came Steve Young. So that’s just false. Every great player has leverage until another great player at his position comes along. Including quarterback. Julio is gonna lose leverage if Ridley keeps playing at a high level consistently while getting better. Off field issues cost a player leverage. (Julio not included). Serious injury is another. Age is the last factor to lose leverage. 

1 hour ago, athell said:

Always an agenda behind these types of threads. He already admitted he got pissed off the other day. So of course this is a thread with an agenda lol. He tried to say I said ota’s weren’t important in the other thread so that’s why this thread probably came about. Everybody was saying Julio not being there isn’t an issue. Not it’s not important. Not one person ever said that. No offense to him but c’mon. That’s why I didn’t even bother to look in the thread until just now. And I did that because you were the last one to post so peeped in to see what you said. 

athell and Vandy like this

1 minute ago, TheFatboi said:

Always an agenda behind these types of threads. He already admitted he got pissed off the other day. So of course this is a thread with an agenda lol. No offense to him but c’mon. That’s why I didn’t even bother to look in the thread until just now. And I did that because you were the last one to post so peeped in to see what you said. 

I've never felt so unloved

athell and Vandy like this

9 hours ago, JPPT1974 said:

Yeah as O.T.A.'s usually are mandatory. But those that do not show up. You can't do nothing about it.

How is a session with the word VOLUNTARY mandatory? They can’t penalize players that don’t come because it’s NOT mandatory. 

Yo_Lover and athell like this

7 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

That’s not true. In reality a great player has leverage until he doesn’t. That includes franchise qb’s. Your leverage lasts as long as your high production. Julio’s don’t grow on trees. That’s why he has leverage. Rice had leverage until he didn’t. Because TO came along. But rice was aging by then even tho his production was still high. It took that long to find another beast wr. Roddy had leverage until he didn’t. That’s cause Julio came along and grew into a monster.

Franchise qb’s are not the only players that have leverage. GREAT players  do. And same thing applies. Matt Ryan’s and Aaron Rodgers’s and Peyton Manning’s and Tom Brady’s don’t grow on trees. Neither do Julio jones’s and Jerry Rices’s and Calvin Johnson’s. Joe Montanna lost leverage because along came Steve Young. So that’s just false. Every great player has leverage until another great player at his position comes along. Including quarterback. Julio is gonna lose leverage if Ridley keeps playing at a high level consistently while getting better. Off field issues cost a player leverage. (Julio not included). Serious injury is another. Age is the last factor to lose leverage. 

I get what you’re saying but I just don’t think Julio has as much leverage as people think. I don’t think receivers in general do. 

6 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I get what you’re saying but I just don’t think Julio has as much leverage as people think. I don’t think receivers in general do. 

Again, Julio’s don’t grow on trees. He has a lot of leverage. Especially with the team in constant win now mode. They know if they want to keep making playoff/SB pushes Julio is vital. Marvin Harrison was never let go. He retired a colt. Cause he was essential to their success. If every wr was Julio jones level good then I’d agree with you. But he just doesn’t grow on trees. You can’t even name 5 wr’s on Julius level out of 64 starting outside wr’s. Definitely can’t name 10. So yea he has leverage. If he didn’t they would’ve OBJ’d him last year. Plus blank has put his stamp on Julio. That should tell you something about his leverage. Did the Steelers owner speak out in AB’s behalf? OBJ? Nah. Those guys are vocal and loud and caused issues in the locker room. A dominant player always has leverage. Don’t ever forget that. It ain’t just franchise qb’s. H3ll how many true franchise qb’s can you name? Exactly. It’s about the dominance of the player. PERIOD!!! GREAT players have leverage until they don’t. Julio still has leverage. 

1 hour ago, TheFatboi said:

Always an agenda behind these types of threads. He already admitted he got pissed off the other day. So of course this is a thread with an agenda lol. He tried to say I said ota’s weren’t important in the other thread so that’s why this thread probably came about. Everybody was saying Julio not being there isn’t an issue. Not it’s not important. Not one person ever said that. No offense to him but c’mon. That’s why I didn’t even bother to look in the thread until just now. And I did that because you were the last one to post so peeped in to see what you said. 

When I was pissed off is because you all insisted there was no value in OTA’s for veterans.  I cited endless player and coach sources but you still claimed it had no value (not you, but athell, yo, JD etc).  It’s frustrating when you offer quoted facts and the response is “you’re wrong, the coach is just talking or you have an agenda.”  Agenda is a strong word.  Don’t throw it at me again.  This is the 2nd time I’ve told you that.  I don’t do agenda’s.  I’m not 12 years old and it’s not that important.

It was like the thread about Rico playing SS.  He did, the coaches confirmed he started at SS until he was hurt and the film proved it.  You said they were all wrong.  Your eyes were right. How does one have a meaningful discussion if that’s your take.  Same goes for the Oliver thread when he should have dropped further to protect the end zone on AJ TD.  I cited the Quinn, Manuel & Oliver and you said they were wrong.  How can I respond to that?

It’s why I told @athell the sky is blue yesterday.  I honestly expected him to say it’s a actually light blue

1 hour ago, Yo_Lover said:

So instead of Julio training and getting himself more prepared you want him to babysit?

I want him with his team.  Discussing the new offense in the meetings.  Offering his opinion. Encouraging younger players.  Yes, that would be ideal.

25 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

When I was pissed off is because you all insisted there was no value in OTA’s for veterans.  I cited endless player and coach sources but you still claimed it had no value (not you, but athell, yo, JD etc).  It’s frustrating when you offer quoted facts and the response is “you’re wrong, the coach is just talking or you have an agenda.”  Agenda is a strong word.  Don’t throw it at me again.  This is the 2nd time I’ve told you that.  I don’t do agenda’s.  I’m not 12 years old and it’s not that important.

It was like the thread about Rico playing SS.  He did, the coaches confirmed he started at SS until he was hurt and the film proved it.  You said they were all wrong.  Your eyes were right. How does one have a meaningful discussion if that’s your take.  Same goes for the Oliver thread when he should have dropped further to protect the end zone on AJ TD.  I cited the Quinn, Manuel & Oliver and you said they were wrong.  How can I respond to that?

It’s why I told @athell the sky is blue yesterday.  I honestly expected him to say it’s a actually light blue

No they didn't man. Manuel may have said that but the others didn't.

18 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I want him with his team.  Discussing the new offense in the meetings.  Offering his opinion. Encouraging younger players.  Yes, that would be ideal.

Ok so Julio should be a babysitter instead of working on getting better.

3 hours ago, athell said:

Vic ought to be kissing  DQ’s assss for giving him 12.8 mill.  You’d think he’d be living with Q.  Really surprised he isn’t there 

⚡Slumerican⚡ and Vandy like this

I also blasted Tom Brady for not taking his own advice and showing up for OTA’s.  Debo is rehabbing.  Grady should be there, but we tagged him so I get it.  Julio still has 2 years on his contract.

Remember that key word I kept trying to get FFS70 tk understand? OFF BALL about when reed stood up turning the defense 3-4 on that play. Anyway Debo is this important to the defense. 

47 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

NODODY ever said there was no value in ota’s  Who said that??? There you go with alternate facts again. How many times do I have to tell you words matter. Don’t change the words I use to align with YOUR narrative. I said it wasn’t an issue that Julio wasn’t there. I SAID there’s value in ota’s but it’s mostly for younger guys. And that’s a fact. I said it doesn’t count until the pads come on tho. 

And Kazee May have started at FS but he didn’t play the entire game at FS before he was ejected. They rotated. I give 2 f*cks what coaches say. I watch the actual game. That’s no different than Beasley starting the game at LB but eventually he plays DE. I WATCHED that game. How you start the game may not be how you end the game. When you stop changing the words I use I’ll stop saying this thread had an agenda. Because the pulse of it does. Everybody saw that. Off top!! 

36 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

No they didn't man. Manuel may have said that but the others didn't.

Dan Quinn pins touchdown on poor technique by Falcons rookie

In that moment, in that part of the field, you want (Oliver) to play it from high to low," Quinn said. "As opposed to a communication error, that was a technique error. Those scars aren't fun."

We have our own little twist on it, but it’s basically a cover-2,” Oliver said. “So I probably should’ve sank back a little bit more, like 3 or 4 yards. Coach (Marquand) Manuel said that it (hurts) right now, but you’ve just got to take it and learn something from it. It can’t all be negative.”