Falconsfan567

Braves at Cardinals

485 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Idk, it seems like he is awful whenever we need him not to be. Seems like I never see his good performances and only see his bad ones 

Last time he gave up a hit was May 9.. 

3 minutes ago, ATLBrave said:

That **** is not on Winkler. He made enough pitches to get out of it. No ******* reason to shift with the tying run at 3rd and a guy on 1st. Even if he hits into it, the game is tied. Trying to be too ******* cute there. 

Exactly

12 minutes ago, ATLBrave said:

There’s only so many people looking at these things. Could have been another play in the que. 

Just another reason going back to New York for the replay calls is a ridiculous component of the replay system in baseball. Should be just like college football. Have an umpire in a little room behind the dugout reviewing the play and put a timer on it. If he can't come up with a decision one way or the other in 45 seconds then the call on the field stands. MLB is so concerned with "time of game" and "pace of play" and they've got the worst replay system in sports. It's downright ridiculous!!

Just now, Malachore said:

It kind of is because we were still tied until he decided to groove a fastball for a 3 run homer.

The man forced two balls that should have been double plays. The shift made no ******* sense there and Winkler did exactly what he should have done by drawing weak contact. 

TheTrue7 likes this

Braves blew a  chance to make a real statement in this series by sweeping the Cardinals.  They need to address the bullpen...

Malachore likes this

Just now, ATLBrave said:

The man forced two balls that should have been double plays. The shift made no ******* sense there and Winkler did exactly what he should have done by drawing weak contact. 

I get that but he still had a chance to get out of it tied and he didn't. **** like that happens to a pitcher at least once a game, you still gotta make pitches.

LOL!!! Just had some jackass on Twitter complain that 95% of my posts are complaining about the Braves. WTF man? How in the heIl did he come to that conclusion when I post the exact same things on there as a I do on here?

6 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Please tell me that radar gun is broken

104???

Nope. Kid is a legit 104. He has double the amount of 100 mph pitches as the next closest pitcher. According to fangraphs his average fastball velocity for his career is 101.3.

RING OF HONOR likes this

2 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

LOL!!! Just had some jackass on Twitter complain that 95% of my posts are complaining about the Braves. WTF man? How in the heIl did he come to that conclusion when I post the exact same things on there as a I do on here?

Because you complain as much as anyone else but you don't realize it?

Just now, Black Francis said:

Two steps forward one step back it seems. Tough loss. 

It will continue until AA gets an actual legit pitcher for the backend of the bullpen.

No team is serious about contending with Luke Jackson and Dan Winkler consistently pitching late game high leverage situations.

6 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Because you complain as much as anyone else but you don't realize it?

I don't. I post lots of positive ****. Nowhere near 95% of my posts are complaining. That's total ******** and you're a straight liar.

Just now, Malachore said:

It will continue until AA gets an actual legit pitcher for the backend of the bullpen.

No team is serious about contending with Luke Jackson and Dan Winkler consistently pitching late game high leverage situations.

It’s a bit problematic to say the least. 

3 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I don't. I post lots of positive ****. Nowhere near 95% of my posts are complaining. That's total ******** and you're a straight liar.

Well I didn't mean 95% of them are complaining. I meant that you complain more than you are willing to admit.

1 hour ago, TheTrue7 said:

Exactly

And it just so happens I have not seen him pitch since then lmao.

Same thing was that way with Jose Ramirez. Every time I watched him, he was garbage, yet his ERA was never THAT bad

6 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Same thing was that way with Jose Ramirez. Every time I watched him, he was garbage, yet his ERA was never THAT bad

Heck I don’t remember the last run he allowed.. can’t really expect someone to never allow a run.. 

but to solve this problem, make a list of players that you feel that way about.. then when those situations arise.. change the channel!

lol

you can change it back afterwards 

9 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

I was suprised to see his stats tonight because every time I see him pitch it's usually a struggle, he also looks to have  lost a little on his fastball.

Either way guys like him have no business pitching the 8th inning in a close game but we can thank our brilliant GM for that.

Braves bp has 9 blown saves in 22 opportunities this year already.

That’s insane.

2 minutes ago, Beef said:

Braves bp has 9 blown saves in 22 opportunities this year already.

That’s insane.

Dodgers have 8 in 24..

im not saying it’s not disturbing.. but after winning 11 of 14.. sometimes it happens.. 

win tomorrow and just continue to win series

Just now, TheTrue7 said:

Dodgers have 8 in 24..

im not saying it’s not disturbing.. but after winning 11 of 14.. sometimes it happens.. 

win tomorrow and just continue to win series

Cubs have 11 in 20, so sure, it could be worse. 

But 9 in 22 still sucks donkey bawls. 

Malachore likes this

Just now, Beef said:

Cubs have 11 in 20, so sure, it could be worse. 

But 9 in 22 still sucks donkey bawls. 

It’s not good.. but it’s early.. and it’s not like our GM isn’t trying.. but..