Falconsfan567

Braves at Cardinals

485 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, TheTrue7 said:

That’s what I love about having a young team in general.. watching them mature while also seeing them have fun playing a game.. factor in that we’re only at the beginning of their careers.. so maybe we’re just scratching the surface? 

Exactly. You look at this team and you see all the makings of an extended run of success for years to come. It's just like the 90s when you had all the young guys and once the team started winning they didn't stop because they were able to keep the core group of guys together for years. Many people took those 90s years for granted. Hopefully they learned their lesson.

TheTrue7 likes this

7 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Exactly. You look at this team and you see all the makings of an extended run of success for years to come. It's just like the 90s when you had all the young guys and once the team started winning they didn't stop because they were able to keep the core group of guys together for years. Many people took those 90s years for granted. Hopefully they learned their lesson.

With such a nice blend of veterans with JD, Kakes, Freddie, Julio.. enjoy the ride..

Falconsfan567 likes this

46 minutes ago, capologist said:

Now if we'd just sign Kimbrel in a week I'd feel a lot better about things...

I'll believe it after I see it. I just think AA has no intention of improving the bullpen like that. 

capologist likes this

I think we'll use prospects to improve the bullpen and not big FA deals. I wouldnt be shocked to see Kimbrel signed but I expect us to focus more on the trade market.

6 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Braves are on pace for 231 HR this year. Franchise record is 235 set in 2003. The #5 SP Shane Reynolds posted a 5.43 ERA in 30 starts. 

That season was one of my favorites. Every time Reynolds pitched, the offense would give him a huge cushion. Then, he'd either blow it or nearly blow it. His record that year was 11-9 despite the horrific ERA.

I need Soroka to be Soroka and at least 3 hits from Acuna tonight. Pensacola beach has been awesome by the way. Hot as ****  though. Now spending $$ on the daughters summer clothes. Yay me. Bravos on a nice run these days getting ready to go on a great run. I’m feeling it. 

Malachore, tl;dr, K26dp and 1 other like this

29 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

I need Soroka to be Soroka and at least 3 hits from Acuna tonight. Pensacola beach has been awesome by the way. Hot as ****  though. Now spending $$ on the daughters summer clothes. Yay me. Bravos on a nice run these days getting ready to go on a great run. I’m feeling it. 

I'll hold the Fort down for you I'm a size large and have a Margarita and some fish tacos for me. 

jidady, K26dp, Black Francis and 1 other like this

1 hour ago, ATLBrave said:

For the Twitter crowd...I didn’t realize Bill Shanks was still a thing?? 

He's still getting paid to talk about sports, it's a strange world we live in.

Falconsfan567 likes this

Soroka needs to tighten up! Last time he was perfect through 5 and he has already allowed a hit through 1!

Better watch out or his WHIP is going to inch closer to 0.90. 

Man this is ******** I finally get to watch a game on TV and I haven't got to see any of it because Fox News is had a tornado report on for the last 30 minutes.