Falconsfan567

Braves at Cardinals

485 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, oztin said:

June 4th can't come soon enough

All June 4th is going to do is prove what some of us were saying all Winter and that's that this FO was full of **** the whole time they were telling us they weren't. 

I didn't see what Dan Winkler did or didn't do last night. I just know that for me it was the same old story. Braves had the lead, the bullpen pitched, the Braves lost. I don't care why or how it happened, I'm beyond sick of seeing it.

1 hour ago, youngbloodz said:

I think it's the ownership and not AA when it comes to money. He is just doing what Terry McGuirk is allowing him to do as far as money

This is obvious but also why people are pissy about the Donaldson contract. People can't say it's not AA's fault because LM won't allow him to spend then defend that Donaldson contract saying it isn't the reason we didn't improve the bullpen.

It's one or the other.

2 minutes ago, Malachore said:

This is obvious but also why people are pissy about the Donaldson contract. People can't say it's not AA's fault because LM won't allow him to spend then defend that Donaldson contract saying it isn't the reason we didn't improve the bullpen.

It's one or the other.

It seems like AA was told at the start of the offseason he had x amount of money to work with which is why he signed Donaldson. He was expected to still have plenty of money to work with to improve the bullpen but then LM and TM changed course after the Donaldson signing and said no more. That's the only thing that makes any sense. It's hard to think that AA would be that stupid to blow all of his allotted budget on Donaldson.

I mean it wouldn't be the first time. We saw it with the Markakis signing the first go around. Markakis was signed and then the plan for the offseason changed. LM and TM is where the most blame lies.

jidady and TheTrue7 like this

4 minutes ago, Malachore said:

It's one or the other.

All I know if AA said we had $60 mil plus to spend in the offseason last year. And we didn't. Smells like Liberty Media stopped him. 

Just now, youngbloodz said:

All I know if AA said we had $60 mil plus to spend in the offseason last year. And we didn't. Smells like Liberty Media stopped him. 

Exactly.

youngbloodz likes this

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

It seems like AA was told at the start of the offseason he had x amount of money to work with which is why he signed Donaldson. He was expected to still have plenty of money to work with to improve the bullpen but then LM and TM changed course after the Donaldson signing and said no more. That's the only thing that makes any sense. It's hard to think that AA would be that stupid to blow all of his allotted budget on Donaldson.

I mean it wouldn't be the first time. We saw it with the Markakis signing the first go around. Markakis was signed and then the plan for the offseason changed. LM and TM is where the most blame lies.

This is possible but also purely speculation, although I believe what you are saying. Still think AA should have went after the pitching first then threw his bff a bone. Also think that he offered far and away more money for Donaldson than any other team was willing to do but that's another discussion.

1 minute ago, youngbloodz said:

I don't recall him saying it, I recall a journalist speculating it based off last season's payroll the players coming off it and the assumption that it would go up.

I do recall AA saying he wouldn't give away what we had to spend as to not lose leverage.

Just now, Malachore said:

I don't recall him saying it, I recall a journalist speculating it based off last season's payroll the players coming off it and the assumption that it would go up.

I do recall AA saying he wouldn't give away what we had to spend as to not lose leverage.

It was probably a journalist that reported it. I heard it from 2 different ones. Budgets change all the time. And that only comes from the top. AA doesn't have that kind of power. Liberty Media wouldn't allow him to have it. That's why they put Terry Mcguirk in charge. AA was quoted in the AJC last July he was given specific instructions and can shop in any aisle. 

Just saw Bowden tweeted that AA made it clear that the Braves have real interest in both Kimbrel and Keuchel and are doing their homework on them.

So I guess we'll see.

Drew4719 and capologist like this

21 minutes ago, Malachore said:

This is possible but also purely speculation, although I believe what you are saying. Still think AA should have went after the pitching first then threw his bff a bone. Also think that he offered far and away more money for Donaldson than any other team was willing to do but that's another discussion.

I do agree that no other team was going to pay Donaldson anywhere that amount of money and that it was stupid to give him that much. We probably could have easily gotten him on 1 year for no more than $15M.

Malachore likes this

3 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Just saw Bowden tweeted that AA made it clear that the Braves have real interest in both Kimbrel and Keuchel and are doing their homework on them.

So I guess we'll see.

I heard the Rays and Yanks are involved with Dallas too

22 minutes ago, Malachore said:

It was the right idea to expect the payroll to go up based on players coming off the books and the increased revenue. No one in their right mind expected payroll to be cut.

1 minute ago, youngbloodz said:

Rays have also been in contact with Kimbrel since winter.

youngbloodz likes this

3 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

I heard this as well just find it hard to believe that IF CK is offered a fair deal by us that he would go elsewhere.

youngbloodz likes this

3 minutes ago, Malachore said:

I heard this as well just find it hard to believe that IF CK is offered a fair deal by us that he would go elsewhere.

Hope you're right because we need the help

1 minute ago, Dawggone said:

Why does no one explicitly ask AA about this budget and what happened 

What's the point? Braves officials have lied about the situation for many years now. Later, we'll find out they were lying, and a staggering number of people will be fine with the fact that they did.

2 hours ago, Dawggone said:

Why does no one explicitly ask AA about this budget and what happened 

Because he's a liar.

2 hours ago, jidady said:

What's the point? Braves officials have lied about the situation for many years now. Later, we'll find out they were lying, and a staggering number of people will be fine with the fact that they did.

Exactly. It really is sad how some Braves fans will defend this FO and be abrasive towards those who do not.

2 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Irony huh

There's nothing ironic about it. Try going an entire 24 hours before starting your passive aggressive ******** my man.