birdz4i

Report: Falcons have at least ‘some interest’ in free agent DT Gerald McCoy

138 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

Do you think there's a chance Grady won't return as a Falcon next season? I didn't know Browns fans knew about Grady. That's interesting.

I follow a few Browns fans on twitter and saw a lot of conversations with other Browns fans about Grady. Even photoshopped Grady into a Browns uni. 

Im gonna guess that if they don’t sign him to an extension by the deadline, he won’t be a Falcon next season unless they tag him again which personally I’m not a fan of but if that’s what they choose then I’ll support it. The only other way I see him being a falcon is if his play falls off just a little bit and those contract demands are forced to be lowered

BoomGoesTheDynamite likes this

5 hours ago, Malachore said:

You have the scene in Click where she's dressed like Pocahontas or literally any scene from Underworld and you choose this?

Get. Out.

Yes, because she was scared, vulnerable, and the girl next door. That was it in my day.

On 5/23/2019 at 3:07 PM, Falconsin2012 said:

I’d give solid odds that Julio & Debo are extended first

I agree. Jarrett is betting on himself for this year. Signing McCoy could push his numbers into a range that puts him(Jarrett) out of our price range? If McCoy helped him get 10 sacks then Jarrett could actually get ADmoney somewhere

FalconsIn2020 and atlanta_dude like this

14 hours ago, 4LoveoftheGame said:

NFL.com's Mike Garofolo reports free agent Gerald McCoy will visit the Browns on Friday.

Browns GM John Dorsey has since confirmed the visit, McCoy's first. Per Garofolo, the Bengals and Panthers are also interested, joining the Falcons, Patriots, Colts and Saints as linked teams. Per the Cleveland Plain Dealer, McCoy himself has interest in the Ravens. Players often do not escape their first visit without a deal, so the Browns are in the driver's seat for the former All-Pro's services.

Going to the Ravens would be great. Coming here would be great but it's just not happening.

Sports

Report: Gerald McCoy drawing interest from 10 teams, offers reaching $11 million a year

Curtis Crabtree,ProFootball Talk on NBC Sports

Being released in May hasn’t seemingly limited the market for former Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive tackle Gerald McCoy.

According to Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times, McCoy has drawn interest from 10 teams with offers coming in up to $11 million per season. The amount of interest has reportedly “overwhelmed” McCoy and he appreciates the decision by the Glazer family to release him when they did.

McCoy will visit the Cleveland Browns on Friday. The Carolina Panthers, Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals and Indianapolis Colts are among teams reportedly interested in McCoy as well.

While the market could have potentially been even more robust if McCoy was available during the opening stages of free agency, with ten teams vying for his services it would seem McCoy can still command a pretty lucrative deal.

McCoy racked up 54.5 sacks as an interior lineman during his nine seasons in Tampa Bay.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-gerald-mccoy-drawing-interest-042837010.html

1 hour ago, Falconcheff said:

A sixtime probowler, #3 overall pick in 2010, guy probably still has 3-4 great seasons in him...starting to feel like we should offer him a 3-4 year deal worth 11-12 annually and move on from Grady...

Great thought. We'll get both this year and then free up cash from Grady next year and draft his replacement.

Osiruz and Falconcheff like this

On 5/24/2019 at 3:05 PM, ya_boi_j said:

I follow a few Browns fans on twitter and saw a lot of conversations with other Browns fans about Grady. Even photoshopped Grady into a Browns uni. 

Im gonna guess that if they don’t sign him to an extension by the deadline, he won’t be a Falcon next season unless they tag him again which personally I’m not a fan of but if that’s what they choose then I’ll support it. The only other way I see him being a falcon is if his play falls off just a little bit and those contract demands are forced to be lowered

Grady is going no where—the Falcons will tag him again forcing him to take the extension because of the age factor in 2 years. He will not have the same leverage in the 7th year of his career. His peak will be the next 2-3 years. 

Vandy and Emmitt like this

1 hour ago, stingbee said:

Grady is going no where—the Falcons will tag him again forcing him to take the extension because of the age factor in 2 years. He will not have the same leverage in the 7th year of his career. His peak will be the next 2-3 years. 

Correct. Plus even with the tag, he’s gonna make $30M here over next two seasons. The young man will be financially set even without a long-term deal. 

FalconsIn2020 likes this

1 hour ago, stingbee said:

How long can Grady hold out and miss practice? Does he have to report to mini camp? Obviously something is up and hes no happy or he wouldn't be posting pics of him partying during ota's

Falconcheff likes this

21 hours ago, Falconcheff said:

A sixtime probowler, #3 overall pick in 2010, guy probably still has 3-4 great seasons in him...starting to feel like we should offer him a 3-4 year deal worth 11-12 annually and move on from Grady...

Couldn't have said it better. Draft his replacement, while you groom Johnny Co and see what he has. 

Good old Falcon fans making up narratives without all the facts lol.

I love this ****e happens every year.

Same old because this guy isn’t here there’s a problem.

Jarrett will probably get signed all the Tag has done is given the FO more time around when to do it.He’s under contract this year so there’s zero need to get anything done right now.

Flying Falcon likes this

22 hours ago, Falconcheff said:

On paper it makes a lot of sense but...

1. Championships aren't won on paper.

2. Financials aside, Grady Jarrett is a superior player to McCoy in every facet.

3. A move like that would absolutely kill the culture TD's been building since he's been here. If you're going to reward an outsider rather than a guy you drafted, developed, knows the system and who has become the leader of our D-line, then that sets a bad precedent. 

Flying Falcon likes this

The longer it draws out, the better for the Falcons.  We are only days away from that sweet sweet Shredder money.

Though if he really wants $13m a year...they may have already told him to pound sand.

9 minutes ago, athell said:

The longer it draws out, the better for the Falcons.  We are only days away from that sweet sweet Shredder money.

Though if he really wants $13m a year...they may have already told him to pound sand.

I’m pretty sure we can now use the Schraeder money.  You have like 2-3 days to get back under the CAP so we would be fine

athell likes this

On 5/26/2019 at 4:07 PM, Smiler11 said:

On paper it makes a lot of sense but...

1. Championships aren't won on paper.

2. Financials aside, Grady Jarrett is a superior player to McCoy in every facet.

3. A move like that would absolutely kill the culture TD's been building since he's been here. If you're going to reward an outsider rather than a guy you drafted, developed, knows the system and who has become the leader of our D-line, then that sets a bad precedent. 

1. Championships aren't won on paper, but that paper looks a helluva lot better with McCoy's name on it. Quinn and TD "know it is about THIS season."

2. Disagree. Jarrett has a long way to go to match McCoys resume'.

3. I don't think it would. Jarrett wants the bank. Somebodys gotta go after this season, we got alot of great players to resign. 

1 hour ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I’m pretty sure we can now use the Schraeder money.  You have like 2-3 days to get back under the CAP so we would be fine

Verbally, yes...I didn't think the league office would allow a team to sign a contract that would take them over the cap though?

2 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

McCoy possibly to the Pants huh? That could be a really good pickup for that D considering they weren't bad last season.