gazoo

State of The Falcons- Are we a Super Bowl Contender this year?

115 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

That’s awesome., I’m jealous.  Were you there for the infamous crossing of the Mara when the crocs take care of business?

Unfortunately the bulk of the wildebeest migration crossed the river 2 weeks before I got there! Words cannot describe what it’s like out there, raw, deadly, brutal, emotional, overwhelming, spiritual.....it runs the gamut of emotion and pulls you into the now.

I saw about 30 yards from my safari van, a pride of 11 lions take down a 3000lb Cape Buffalo. Took them over an hour, it was savage yet beautiful at same time.

For instance, have you ever seen a lake with millions of  flamingos in it? The magnitude of it is utterly mind blowing. 

flamingos Lake Nakuru National Park Kenya Africa

KMbDmriO63Sg-qO2k5jN_1082101533.jpeg

2t3840a5dUSXTfUcJGvC_1082101657.jpeg

FalconsIn2020 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, falconfansince66 said:

I think we can be a contender once again. Keep the defense healthy but I think this 'upgraded' OL must EXECUTE and show they're an upgraded line. We MUST convert the 3rd/4th downs with less than two yards into first downs and especially in the Red Zone/Goal Line.  IF we can do that, then that tilts the time of possession to our favor and impacts BOTH defenses leaving ours fresh and rested and leaving the opposition's tired and sucking wind in the 4th quarter.  Do that, and we're at least a 12-4 team next season and back into the playoff/SB hunt.

I think we would have possibly won the SB last year if we were healthy. Matt Ryan was on fire!

gazoo, falconfansince66 and Vandy like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, gazoo said:

Unfortunately the bulk of the wildebeest migration crossed the river 2 weeks before I got there! Words cannot describe what it’s like out there, raw, deadly, brutal, emotional, overwhelming, spiritual.....it runs the gamut of emotion and pulls you into the now.

I saw about 30 yards from my safari van, a pride of 11 lions take down a 3000lb Cape Buffalo. Took them over an hour, it was savage yet beautiful at same time.

For instance, have you ever seen a lake with millions of  flamingos in it? The magnitude of it is utterly mind blowing. 

flamingos Lake Nakuru National Park Kenya Africa

KMbDmriO63Sg-qO2k5jN_1082101533.jpeg

2t3840a5dUSXTfUcJGvC_1082101657.jpeg

Cape Buffalo is more dangerous than a lion.  Now I’m really jealous.  Instead of training with Seals or Embracing The Suck, Quinn ought to bring the team for a front row view of the Crossing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Cape Buffalo is more dangerous than a lion.  Now I’m really jealous.  Instead of training with Seals or Embracing The Suck, Quinn ought to bring the team for a front row view of the Crossing

What gets a lot of the stupid tourists is the hippos. They see these big fat blobs sunning on the beach, go up to take pictures, and realize hippos are angry, will charge you and  can run much faster than Tyreek Hill or Devin McCourty. 

Hippos kill more tourists than any other animal in the Serengeti, but you are right, Cape Buffalos are just as dangerous. It’s so dangerous out there, an ostrich will chase you down and one peck to the head can kill a human. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Vandy said:

He played as well as he did in ‘16.....

Probably better actually. His O-line was worse as was his running game. Last season was hands down the best I've ever seen Ryan play

Vandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, gazoo said:

What gets a lot of the stupid tourists is the hippos. They see these big fat blobs sunning on the beach, go up to take pictures, and realize hippos are angry, will charge you and  can run much faster than Tyreek Hill or Devin McCourty. 

Hippos kill more tourists than any other animal in the Serengeti, but you are right, Cape Buffalos are just as dangerous. It’s so dangerous out there, an ostrich will chase you down and one peck to the head can kill a human. 

That’s natural selection, bro.  The only animal I would fear more than a hippo is a polar bear

gazoo likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

That’s natural selection, bro.  The only animal I would fear more than a hippo is a polar bear

Yeah, as deadly as many of the African animals can be, if you upset  a grizzly bear or polar bear in the wild, there is little you can do to not die barbaric death over the ensuing 5 minutes!

FalconsIn2020 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, gazoo said:

Yeah, as deadly as many of the African animals can be, if you upset  a grizzly bear or polar bear in the wild, there is little you can do to not die and barbaric death!

In the Arctic there are no trees to climb.  So honestly, you need to trip your guide or friend and run your *** off

gazoo likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Vandy said:

He played as well as he did in ‘16.....

Ryan has been remarkable as of late.  This is why I’m so freaking excited about this new OL/TE group along with the chess pieces he has to work with now. 

Vandy and JD dirtybird21 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Said it all off season it’s not on the field where the Falcons will make the biggest gains it’s off.If these coaches can make the correct decisions he’ll yes the Falcons have the talent no doubt in my mind.

Coaches have to get there **** together and come to the party.

Vandy and gazoo like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Said it all off season it’s not n the field where the Falcons will make the biggest gains it’s off.If these coaches can make the correct decisions he’ll yes the Falcons have the talent no doubt in my mind.

Coaches have to get there **** together and come to the party.

I feel better going into this year than I did last year specifically due to coaching. 

kiwifalcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, gazoo said:

I feel better going into this year than I did last year specifically due to coaching. 

Defensively I agree. Offensively I didn’t have any major issues with Sark. He had blips here and there but overall player execution was his biggest downfall imo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Don't tell me you're going to bump this thread 6-7 months from now

He's not ,, but I'm going to because I believe it too .. If Ryan stays healthy,, I think we take it all this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, gazoo said:

I feel better going into this year than I did last year specifically due to coaching. 

Well, Coaching is one of the big reasons for me also.. But add that to one of the best Drafts and FA players picked up and The players coming back that we missed so much last year... that's why I'm all in too.. That is 3 huge reasons.. Coaching change ,, Great Draft .. .FA players picked up... and those who were hurt last year coming back healthy ,,  That is a lot of  improvements.. If Ryan stayes healthy.. It will happen..

  Think about this,, Freeman,, one of my all time favorites,, I was his biggest fan on this board when we drafted him,, you that were here Know I'm telling the truth.. Now we can give Freeman breaks and just use him for a change of pace back,, then let Ollison and Hill pound the opposing D#s ,, wear them down,, then past the ball.. It will now be like a Chess game instead of checkers. We have not only the team,, We have the backups that are as good as the starters.. In every position other than QB,, and that's why I said if Ryan stays healthy and on the field.. He should because of the huge upgrade on the OL..  F.O. knew exactly what to do this year to give us the best chance ever for a huge run NOW.:hurr:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now