gazoo

State of The Falcons- Are we a Super Bowl Contender this year?

115 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

And ATL went 7-9. Barely. Now they are Super Bowl bound. Only on TATF.

You're right let's ignore the injuries we had.

Also where did I say SB bound?

43 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Gonna be tough to win the NFC:

• LAR - 13-3
  • NO - 13-3
  • CHI - 12-4
  • DAL - 10-6
  • SEA - 10-6
  • PHI - 9-7

MIN and GB should be better too.

Honestly, none of those teams scares me at all.  If we play our A game and they play their A game, we should win.

22 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Last season has no barring on this season and should be doesn’t equate to will be. 

Thank goodness! We’d be in trouble if that were the case. 

4 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Honestly, none of those teams scares me at all.  If we play our A game and they play their A game, we should win.

I believe that as well. I believe it’s more in our control than some fans realize, outside of injuries.

5 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

We went 0-4 against them last year. Scary.

Falcons In 2012 likes this

5 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

We went 0-4 against them last year. Scary.

Our team took the field once and held the Eagles to 230 yards.  We brought our B- game that day.  Eagles brought their B game

The Falcons always find a way to lose or disappoint when we think we got things worked out.

Since we did so much to upgrade the OL expect Ryan to go down with an injury which will negate those upgrades.

Don't get mad at me when it happens it's just the Falcons way.

Hurry_Up_And_Buy likes this

4 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

The Falcons always find a way to lose or disappoint when we think we got things worked out.

Since we did so much to upgrade the OL expect Ryan to go down with an injury which will negate those upgrades.

Wow, you are broken, dude....

Atl Falcon likes this

38 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

So Falcons should be contenders doesn't equate to will be contenders.

Show me where I said they will or should be contenders and I’ll give you a cookie

1 minute ago, HouseofEuphoria said:

Wow, you are broken, dude....

No, it's the franchise that's broken. I didn't blow a 28-3 lead in the SB.

Just now, MAD597 said:

No, it's the franchise that's broken. I didn't blow a 28-3 lead in the SB.

Lmao and you had the audacity to call me a fake fan yet you’re allowed to spew these types of posts and it’s ok. Welcome to the fake fan club

Falcons In 2012, gazoo and mqg96 like this

2 hours ago, HouseofEuphoria said:

If healthy, we are a contender.

But the NFC is loaded this year.

It'll be tough, for sure.

we got the best offense in the NFC if our o line plays well

Posted (edited)

There you go folks - we got it all - go ahead and engrave the trophy. I especially like the part about the pass rush - we got Beasley, Clayborn, Takk - beware of the pass rush - the opposing teams QB will go down hard.

Lets play a game or two first

But ....we will score points or AB is outta here

Edited by Atl Falcon

2 hours ago, MAD597 said:

Dude!!!!! Please!!!!!

Plenty of contenders to represent the NFC in the SB.

Rams and Eagles are the two most recent NFC champs and they still have talented rosters;

New Orleans has everything Atlanta has and is the defending NFCS winner;

Chicago has to feel great about having a nasty D and a young QB;

And one of the following - Dallas, Green Bay, Seattle - will likely win 10+.games and be a factor. 

5 minutes ago, Kaptain Krazy said:

Plenty of contenders to represent the NFC in the SB.

Rams and Eagles are the two most recent NFC champs and they still have talented rosters;

New Orleans has everything Atlanta has and is the defending NFCS winner;

Chicago has to feel great about having a nasty D and a young QB;

And one of the following - Dallas, Green Bay, Seattle - will likely win 10+.games and be a factor. 

Haven't seen you around lately.  Figured they were banning people for sense-making.  

2 hours ago, MAD597 said:

Are you kidding with this crap?  

I've been a Falcons fan since 1973 and even I don't have so much negativity, else why would I even still be watching them? 

HouseofEuphoria and gazoo like this

4 minutes ago, octoslash said:

Haven't seen you around lately.  Figured they were banning people for sense-making.  

Just returning from a 2 week trip to east Africa, haven't had much time to browse. 

I am anxious for the season. Excited at the additions to the OL, concerned about whether the D can get its stars back healthy and find needed reinforcement in the trenches. If having former HCs on the staff counts for anything, Falcons should be in a great position this coming year, lol.

octoslash and HouseofEuphoria like this

53 minutes ago, Kaptain Krazy said:

Just returning from a 2 week trip to east Africa, haven't had much time to browse. 

I am anxious for the season. Excited at the additions to the OL, concerned about whether the D can get its stars back healthy and find needed reinforcement in the trenches. If having former HCs on the staff counts for anything, Falcons should be in a great position this coming year, lol.

Where’d you go in East Africa? I’ve been to Kenya.

Yep, there are several projected  NFC contenders along with us at this point.

i’m certain our offense will be a juggernaut, al, we need is for this defense to put it all tougher. We were 7th in yards and 8 in,points allowed in defense in 2017, if we can get back there or better we will be in great shape.

2 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

There you go folks - we got it all - go ahead and engrave the trophy. I especially like the part about the pass rush - we got Beasley, Clayborn, Takk - beware of the pass rush - the opposing teams QB will go down hard.

Lets play a game or two first

But ....we will score points or AB is outta here

The OP is a projection based on a snapshot of information we have today , it is not a “prediction” as you sarcastically imply. Kyle Brandt of NFL Network is only one so far who predicted we would go to Super Bowl.

The point about sacks was that we had more sacks in 2018, 2017 and 2016 than the Super Bowl winner of those years. Sacks aren’t stopping us from winning a Super Bowl. Even with that, I still project more sacks in 2019 than we had last year. 

Projections like the OP are done all the time by sports pundits, such as power rankings, pre camp projected division winners, etc. We see other poster above making projections of what other NFC teams will be contenders this year. None of us made predictions.

It appears you intentionally took my post out of context. I will politely ask you to be respectful to my posts where several posters are having an enjoyable football discussion.

7 hours ago, octoslash said:

Mods gotta be active to ban people :ninja:

8 hours ago, gazoo said:

The OP is a projection based on a snapshot of information we have today , it is not a “prediction” as you sarcastically imply. Kyle Brandt of NFL Network is only one so far who predicted we would go to Super Bowl.

The point about sacks was that we had more sacks in 2018, 2017 and 2016 than the Super Bowl winner of those years. Sacks aren’t stopping us from winning a Super Bowl. Even with that, I still project more sacks in 2019 than we had last year. 

Projections like the OP are done all the time by sports pundits, such as power rankings, pre camp projected division winners, etc. We see other poster above making projections of what other NFC teams will be contenders this year. None of us made predictions.

It appears you intentionally took my post out of context. I will politely ask you to be respectful to my posts where several posters are having an enjoyable football discussion.

I do agree we COULD be contenders. We have lots of talent.....but we do have several question marks - RT- RB- CB- S- and adapting to new coaching. All I’m saying is don’t crown us champs quite yet. The NFC is going to be a TUFF SOB. So let’s hold off on pure homerism  for a few games. 

5 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

I do agree we COULD be contenders. We have lots of talent.....but we do have several question marks - RT- RB- CB- S- and adapting to new coaching. All I’m saying is don’t crown us champs quite yet. The NFC is going to be a TUFF SOB. So let’s hold off on pure homerism  for a few games. 

Every team has question marks.

Nothing wrong with being excited about how your fav team looks on paper. If we stay healthy we will be in the hunt. 

gazoo likes this

13 hours ago, gazoo said:

Ok, I’m going to have to address this I see. 

First, I believe Falcons WILL have a top 10 defense in points allowed.

In 2017 the Falcons defense was #8 in scoring and #9 in yards allowed. We get back several players, including Clayborn, Deion Jones, Hageman, Keanu Neal, Ricardo Allen, not to mention some rookies that were playing well by end of season in Foye and Senat, addition of Kazee and Davison who were here in 2017 and some good depth at safety. I believe Oliver will be better than the 2017 Alford was. May take him a few games but he’s got more talent that Alford had. We also get DQ back as coordinator.  That’s a big deal bruh.

Secondly, Your defense doesn’t give up a single point or yard while your offense is on the field. 

Too many here see the game in a single dimension, but it’s more complex than that. A really good offense with a really good offensive line that can control games by running the ball has a big impact on a defense. We got bigger and stronger on OL, better blockers at TE, and a great big huge power running back. A defense plays far better when it’s fresh than if it’s wiped out from being on the field too many snaps. A big offensive line allows your offense to control the ball and give you defense a break if it needs it. Also allows a team to just run the ball like crazy late in a game where they have a big lead. 

And lastly, even though I strongly believe we will be top 10 defense in points allowed, many teams have won a Super Bowl with average or even bad defenses. The Falcons had the 2016 Super Bowl actually won, with the 25th ranked defense in yards and 27th ranked in points. Coaches gave that game back, but players had the game won.

Ae are built for a dynamic overwhelming offense just as the Colts were when they won and the Saints were when they won it, same with Giants. But we will have a much better defense than they did the years they won it.

We have a top pocket passer QB in his prime with a good OL now and tons of weapons. We will be an offensive juggernaut this year.  The Saints won the Super Bowl with the 25th ranked defense in yards and 20th in points allowed. The Giants won it with 27th ranked defense in yards and 25th in points allowed. The Colts won it with the 21st ranked defense in yards and 23rd ranked in points allowed. 

And again, the wealth of additions to running game by Mularkey, a bigger, stronger nastier  OL, more utilization of blocking  TEs and the monster RB will improve our defense standings simply as a product of ball control.

Quoting this so it cant be edited.

We'll see where things stand at the end of the season. Hopefully it is with us in the mix for a championship