Dukeduke211

Would DQ and MR2

30 posts in this topic

want Julio at OTA's?

If so, would they say it publicly?

Seems like a lot of posters believe everything said is concrete. 

Imo you have coachspeak and politically correct comments coming from playes and coaches.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Lornoth said:

Let me just hit them up on our group chat, I'll get back to you.

He gettin' that super sekr3t info :munch:

Dukeduke211 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why don't we get it from his own words:

Key part:

Quote

"I think at this time of year, and as business grows around the NFL, I think that's pretty common for a lot of players to discuss that and wonder where that's at," Quinn said. "That's something that he and I discussed together but as far as anything past that, unless you guys have spoken to Julio, individually or specifically, I think past that would be a lot of speculation."

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ll say this and leave it alone: in a perfect world, Julio would be there to show leadership and help coach the younger wr’s.  He seems to enjoy teaching and helping them get better.  I could care less if he practiced.  But I’d like him to be there in the facility.

My 2 cents

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I’ll say this and leave it alone: in a perfect world, Julio would be there to show leadership and help coach the younger wr’s.  He seems to enjoy teaching and helping them get better.  I could care less if he practiced.  But I’d like him to be there in the facility.

My 2 cents

I think everyone should be there. Even if they aren't really doing anything, except what they would be doing , if they weren't there. Just be there as leaders and part of team.. being at OTA's doesn't get anyone hurt, getting out of bed does, and they can get hurt anywhere. So get in there and help the team in some fashion.

FalconsIn2012 and PokerSteve like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love to see Julio there taking all the rep's and showing younger players how to practice. In football years, he is not young anymore. How long has Julio been in the league? How much wear and tear has he put on his body? How hard does he fight for this team?

If it caused issues with the team or some of the craziness you see in other organizations, I would be pissed. 

I would rather see him skip some of these earlier practices, get his body right. Come in for the mandatory practices and when its time got out and abuse the Leagues corners like he almost always does

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

14 hours ago, Dukeduke211 said:

Coach speak

He genuinely seems to be protective of Julio but like he said...dude is taking care of himself and the rest is speculation.

If Julio had his new deal done, I’d still not expect him to be at OTAs.

I do believe he missed mandatory minicamp last year. That was a situation and as far as, IMO, he was willing to take it.

Do you know why Julio even took his stance on the money last year?

Guarantees. He mostly was looking for a contract that protected him in event of injury. The remaining 3 years had no protection.

League was going to more guaranteed money and its his last contract to get protection.

This whole more money at all costs with a new deal pending THIS year is simply a long term fix both Falcons and JJ wanted to handle before 2019 season starts; after many talks last offseason which actually gave him no raise, just money forward.

It will get done.

Unfortunately, like last year there was Matt and Matthews due. This year, Grady is due.

It would usually benefit the team most to get the new core pending FA done, but he did sign the tag already so it sorta doesn’t matter.

Money side will be handled.

I prefer Julio not there if he is spending his time recovering and preparing his body right. He did last year and had one of his best seasons; despite a 4 headed pass attack.

^That included mentoring the other WRs.

Edited by Ergo Proxy
Flying Falcon and hashmark61 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I’ll say this and leave it alone: in a perfect world, Julio would be there to show leadership and help coach the younger wr’s.  He seems to enjoy teaching and helping them get better.  I could care less if he practiced.  But I’d like him to be there in the facility.

My 2 cents

A big part of leadership would be him participating in the drills.  I'm not knocking Julio.  The guy is a beast.  But if we are talking specifically about "leadership", then leading by setting an example (going to OTAs and participating in all the drills, first there in the morning, last to leave) is paramount.  I'm not on the team so I don't know if leadership is indeed Julio's role (if not its no big deal, you need guys to just come in and produce and be a great team player which he is) but I would argue that is not his role.  He is an amazing WR and seems to me as if he is more of a lunch pail guy.  He comes in and does his job well and leaves.    

PokerSteve likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I'm not disappointed that he's not here."

I'm not disappointed when my son's room is dirty because I've come to expect it to be. I want that **** clean though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, mvcrook said:

"I'm not disappointed that he's not here."

I'm not disappointed when my son's room is dirty because I've come to expect it to be. I want that **** clean though. 

Well, clean it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Couldn't this have been posted in one of the many other threads? Especially since you neither care about the answer to the question and have already decided its answer in advance.

Or do you just enjoy being an attention whore?

ya_boi_j likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

16 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I’ll say this and leave it alone: in a perfect world, Julio would be there to show leadership and help coach the younger wr’s.  He seems to enjoy teaching and helping them get better.  I could care less if he practiced.  But I’d like him to be there in the facility.

My 2 cents

THIS!!!  If both sides are agreeable and have an understanding that Julio and Grady are going to be given new contracts...why cant Julio and Grady agree that they are going to be at ALL team activities to coach up and set examples for the rookies and other players, but not be put through the physical drills themselves! I don't care at this point if they take a snap at all...but they still have alot to offer the team from a morale and coaching standpoint.  It wouldn't ruin their leverage at all in the new contract negotiations, it might even help the team to be more willing to work with players that are there to do what they can for the team despite ongoing negotiations.

FalconsIn2012 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, LastFalconFan said:

 

THIS!!!  If both sides are agreeable and have an understanding that Julio and Grady are going to be given new contracts...why cant Julio and Grady agree that they are going to be at ALL team activities to coach up and set examples for the rookies and other players, but not be put through the physical drills themselves! I don't care at this point if they take a snap at all...but they still have alot to offer the team from a morale and coaching standpoint.  It wouldn't ruin their leverage at all in the new contract negotiations, it might even help the team to be more willing to work with players that are there to do what they can for the team despite ongoing negotiations.

It’s so simple....and even though they won’t admit it, everyone here would be happy if that scenario were unfolding

PokerSteve likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

It’s so simple....and even though they won’t admit it, everyone here would be happy if that scenario were unfolding

Not sure, bro. I think for some of these people, if Julio actually showed up for all team activities they would be irate he would stoop that low and do what everybody else has to do, because he's Julio Jones and needs to be treated differently.

FalconsIn2012 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

Not sure, bro. I think for some of these people, if Julio actually showed up for all team activities they would be irate that he would stoop that low and do what everybody else has to do, because he's Julio Jones and needs to be treated differently.

I can’t wrap my mind around their logic.  It’s being contrary just for the sake of it.  

PokerSteve likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I can’t wrap my mind around their logic.  It’s being contrary just for the sake of it.  

It’s not that difficult to understand if you’re actually objective about it and willing to accept that not everyone cares if he or any other player  isn’t there for voluntary workouts. We only care when he misses mandatory time. But you guys won’t accept that people disagree with how you feel about it. It goes both ways. 

FalconsIn2012 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

It’s not that difficult to understand if you’re actually objective about it and willing to accept that not everyone cares if he or any other player  isn’t there for voluntary workouts. We only care when he misses mandatory time. But you guys won’t accept that people disagree with how you feel about it. It goes both ways. 

Things get accomplished in OTA’s that show  up in the season.

“Head coach Bill Belichick] talks about, you think it's just an OTA in the springtime, and it's not that important and all those things that probably could enter your mind," Brady said. "The truth is, this lays the foundation for the start of training camp and if you have a good training camp, it usually means a good start to the season. A good start to the season leads to good position entering the second half of the season. Everything ends up having some significance to it. You're not just out here running plays and going through different things that aren't going to mean anything. We're out here trying to get a lot of things accomplished."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now