Goober Pyle

DE Steven Means tears achilles

89 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, FalconBlood said:

Chris Odom and John Cominsky's roles skyrocketed.

MTL, but a player I want to see during TC and preseason is DE Durrant Miles.

Honestly for those saying OTAs are important, with a new coordinator in all three phases and new schemes and new players, along with the league limiting how often you can practice and such, these ARE important.  PLUS, this was a non-contact injury, meaning it could have happened at any given time anywhere.  I would understand if someone fell on him and they didn't need to have harsh practices just yet, but come on guys, there was no way to predict this would happen.  Stuff happens and he will be missed this year I believe, but here we are with the "next man up" logic again.  Hopefully we don't lose anyone else, but if it happens, can't do anything about it.  Conditioning and familiarity this year are going to be important.  

4 minutes ago, GrimeyKidd said:

Don’t even put that out in the universe man lol. Hopefully we just slide Crawford over and Bring McCoy. That’s my unlikely scenario but I want that 

That's the winner!

GhostofGritz likes this

10 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

yup. It's one thing to get injured during training camp/preseason but voluntary ****. Nah screw that. it aint worth the time

Risk far outweighs the reward. We see it happen every year at voluntary workouts but rarely when a player is on his own. 

7 minutes ago, federicofalcon2 said:

Honestly for those saying OTAs are important, with a new coordinator in all three phases and new schemes and new players, along with the league limiting how often you can practice and such, these ARE important.  PLUS, this was a non-contact injury, meaning it could have happened at any given time anywhere.  I would understand if someone fell on him and they didn't need to have harsh practices just yet, but come on guys, there was no way to predict this would happen.  Stuff happens and he will be missed this year I believe, but here we are with the "next man up" logic again.  Hopefully we don't lose anyone else, but if it happens, can't do anything about it.  Conditioning and familiarity this year are going to be important.  

OTA injuries are more common than even training camp. Foster just clocked out for the season yesterday. I am sure there will be many more to follow. I rather sit out our vet players like Julio, Keke, and Deion. 

32 minutes ago, Goober Pyle said:

This is not good..... #56 has been cursed since KB left... Especially with those Achilles injuries. That's a 12 month process regardless... Prayers for Steven!!!! 

Drew4719 and Embrace the suck like this

17 minutes ago, vel said:

And yall wonder why Julio ain't there

yeah, was going to say anyone still have a problem with it?

Tim Mazetti likes this

28 minutes ago, Goober Pyle said:

27 minutes ago, athell said:

OTA's are important!

Now looking back at the OTA schedule, I wonder did he hurt himself working out individually.

Today was a schedule day off from OTA workouts.

The OTA schedule only allows 3 workouts per week and tomorrow will be the 3rd one this week.

We still have Beasley Takk Clayborn Cominsky and Odom, plus UDFA Tre Crawford (or is he an LB?).   Plus Campbell and Hageman have played DE in the past.  We have numbers, we just have to see how things go when TC starts.

Still, the Falcons will probably bring someone in.

EpicBird likes this

23 minutes ago, vel said:

Risk far outweighs the reward. We see it happen every year at voluntary workouts but rarely when a player is on his own. 

yup

vel likes this

Definitely will need someone for base run DE snaps. Means played inside and at DE last year.

Only good news is this is well ahead of the season and we got time for players to be groomed and trained to cover the loss. He was in line to get the 4th most snaps but in an essential role like Reed played last few years.

37 minutes ago, Cole World said:

Now looking back at the OTA schedule, I wonder did he hurt himself working out individually.

The OTA schedule only allows 3 workouts per week and tomorrow will be the 3rd one this week.

Nice cat h. Would love to know myself

Cole World likes this

11 minutes ago, vel said:

Room for McCoy? 

Seriously though, I think this makes Hageman's roster spot his to lose. No he isn't a DE, but in the grand scheme of things, he can play SDE more than the remaining players. 

If anything makes Crawford more.likely to stay at STE, instead of sliding inside, and Hageman taking those.snaps. Sometimes injuries are a blessing in.disguise, to everyone other than tye injured party ofcourse. 2016 Trufant injury led to a defensive hot streak that backed our offense to a NFC championship.

vel and Ergo Proxy like this

1 hour ago, Cole World said:

Found this